THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM PISTOL SHOOTING FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Shooting  Hop To Forums  Pistol Shooting    A classic Colt New Service Target revolver

Moderators: Saeed
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

A classic Colt New Service Target revolver
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
A high condition target model in 45 Colt (not ACP). Factory letters to 1926 and shoots as fine as it looks. Now if I could just find a New Service in 357 Magnum, I would be fufilled !

Posts: 801 | Location: Pinedale WY USA & Key West FL USA | Registered: 04 February 2011Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
WOW. What a nice pistol excellent example!
The standard version was carried for years by the NY State Police.

one of us
posted Hide Post
Posted for information only. I have no relationship to seller or any idea if the price is reasonable or not.

Colt NS .357

xxxxxxxxxx
When considering US based operations of guides/outfitters, check and see if they are NRA members. If not, why support someone who doesn't support us? Consider spending your money elsewhere.

NEVER, EVER book a hunt with BLAIR WORLDWIDE HUNTING or JEFF BLAIR.

I have come to understand that in hunting, the goal is not the goal but the process.

Posts: 17099 | Location: Texas USA | Registered: 07 May 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
The NYSP version had a shorter barrel. Own one that spent decades in a holster. Never fired in anger but always ready.

Thanks for the 357 info. It is sold and if as good as the pics was a deal.

Thanks to you both !

Posts: 801 | Location: Pinedale WY USA & Key West FL USA | Registered: 04 February 2011Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I could have missed it but I don't recall it being sold when I posted the link. Sorry about that.

xxxxxxxxxx
When considering US based operations of guides/outfitters, check and see if they are NRA members. If not, why support someone who doesn't support us? Consider spending your money elsewhere.

I have come to understand that in hunting, the goal is not the goal but the process.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Hey, no need for "sorry" I really appreciated the tip !

one of us
posted Hide Post
Hey, if I had known your opinion of Texans, you wouldn't have gotten it. Mad

xxxxxxxxxx

One of Us
posted Hide Post
I'm sure there are lots of fine Texans. Of the six I have met FTF, one was great (H. Ross Perot who I worked for), 4 were poachers and one was a fat "Constable" working for some wide spot in the road who gave me a $191.00 ticket because I had WY plates (among all TX plates) and was not breaking the speed limit by 20 mph (as the Bubbas were) but only 10 mph.
Needless to say my semi annual 2677 mile migration from Pinedale to Key West and back avoids Texas like the plague as I'm sure this

would be far more of a "Constable magnet" than this

one of us
posted Hide Post
No doubt Texas can stand the loss.

xxxxxxxxxx

One of Us
posted Hide Post
I would agree and Wyoming has far more to offer an old retired outdoorsman than Texas.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Beautiful piece 45-70. Congratulations.I have a 2nd mod. S+W in .45 L.C.in faded nickel + was a piece used with the lend lease program of the Battle Of Britain.This one came home.

Posts: 4291 | Location: Austin,Texas | Registered: 08 April 2006Reply With Quote