New
Find
Notify
Tools

Beretta 92 F or FS?
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
What is the functional/cosmetic difference between the Beretta 92F, 92 FS and the M9.

Thanks James

one of us
posted Hide Post
s is for reinforced slide IIRC

early 92F had a rep of bending the slide

Posts: 484 | Location: SLC, UT | Registered: 01 March 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
beretta 92 fs has three dot sights and now they have import markings cause most of them are made in italy and most come in a nice blue case. beretta m9 is made in america has different sights and comes in a box. you can get a brand new beretta 92fs "police special" on gun broker for about $450 it comes in a regular box with 3 15 rnd mags. either way the 92fs and m9 are all you can buy brand new. i own a m9 and have to say it is the nicest gun if ever shot. i hand load and shoot 124 or 147gr rnds and get 3-4 inch groups at 50yds. i have never once had a failure with this gun with over 2000 rnds shot. buy one and you will see why it is the best 9mm out there.

Posts: 165 | Location: michigan | Registered: 06 August 2007Reply With Quote
posted Hide Post
I have built many NM Service Bullseye pistols in 92F, FS, and M9. The Italian 92FS is definately finished off better, there are fewer tool marks and have a better trigger. The M9 slide seems to be made from a higher grade of steel, being that when I install steel inserts in the frame and tighten them up. They tend to stay tighter longer.

The 92F (police trade-ins) can be found very cheap right now $300 range. Which can really make them worth the price especially if you plan on putting any work into it. I am working on a few right now. Finished, they all (F, FS, M9) shoot the same, about 1" at 50yds (In the Ransom Rest of course). This is with some major work though; Bar-Sto barrel, Frame inserts, and Trigger work.

low-tech,

Where is the slide reinforced at?

Posts: 13 | Location: Ridgefield, WA | Registered: 28 July 2006Reply With Quote