THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM PISTOL SHOOTING FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Shooting  Hop To Forums  Pistol Shooting    EAA Witness hunter or Para-ordnance Hawg?

Moderators: Saeed
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

EAA Witness hunter or Para-ordnance Hawg?
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
They're kind of dumb really, harder to carry, etc but I like 6 inch barreled 1911s, mostly for the cool look and balance. I've got a couple of Clark conversions but am thinking I want a newer version. Anyone had any experience with the EAA or Para-ordnance 6 inchers?

xxxxxxxxxx
When considering US based operations of guides/outfitters, check and see if they are NRA members. If not, why support someone who doesn't support us? Consider spending your money elsewhere.

NEVER, EVER book a hunt with BLAIR WORLDWIDE HUNTING or JEFF BLAIR.

I have come to understand that in hunting, the goal is not the goal but the process.

Posts: 17099 | Location: Texas USA | Registered: 07 May 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
None! But I have the Witness Match Elite in 10mm and 38 Super and like them both.
Peter.

Be without fear in the face of your enemies. Be brave and upright, that God may love thee. Speak the truth always, even if it leads to your death. Safeguard the helpless and do no wrong;

Posts: 10505 | Location: Jacksonville, Florida | Registered: 09 January 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I have lots of experience with the Tanfolio 9mmx19, 9x21, and 40 S&W weapons and Paras in 40 S&W and 45 ACP. EAA imports the Tanfolio product now.

The CZ design is a good one and is robust enough to last a long time. They shoot very well and wear well.

Stock triggers are OK but do allow a first double action shot.

I have used only the standard "cocked and locked" Paras. I have three. One is a P12 that is stock as I don't modify carry guns. The other two are full blown custom double wide 1911s style IPSC guns. One is a limited class gun with top ends in 40 S&W and 45 ACP. The other is a comp'ed Super with a Holosight.

Paras take a lot of work to build into first class competition guns. The do work well when built well. (Magazine wells, Baer slides, Nowlin barrels, Briley spherical bushings, McCormick or other matched trigger sear and hammer, ambi safeties, full grip safeties, Smith & Alexander right side magazine releases).

For that purpose I frankly prefer the STI frame as it seems to be more durable for the very long term. That being said ... unless you're going to put 100,000 rounds through a gun (and that means 3-4 new barrels), the Paras are fine.

Go handle each and shoot them if you can. Then buy the one you like the best.

Mike

--------------
DRSS, Womper's Club, NRA Life Member/Charter Member NRA Golden Eagles ...
Knifemaker, http://www.mstarling.com

Posts: 6199 | Location: Charleston, WV | Registered: 31 August 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
They're pretty hard to find, I've looked at a couple of gun shows and come up blank. Easy solution, I'll buy one of each......maybe. Roll Eyes

I'm trying to cut back but it's not an easy habit to break. Worse than smoking by far.

xxxxxxxxxx
When considering US based operations of guides/outfitters, check and see if they are NRA members. If not, why support someone who doesn't support us? Consider spending your money elsewhere.

NEVER, EVER book a hunt with BLAIR WORLDWIDE HUNTING or JEFF BLAIR.

I have come to understand that in hunting, the goal is not the goal but the process.

Posts: 17099 | Location: Texas USA | Registered: 07 May 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I have an EAA Witness (45 ACP) and put an Optima red dot on it.

It is a lot of pistol for the money.

Out of the box, it shot extremely well.
Needed some trigger work (but for that price, I expected it to), and I added an ambi safety.

Haven't owned a Para, but hear nice things about them from friends.

I can vouch for the EAA Witness.

Garrett

Posts: 987 | Location: Orlando, FL | Registered: 23 June 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Dang, Gato; did you already waste that 6" SA you got from me last year?

Rich

Posts: 23062 | Location: SW Idaho | Registered: 19 December 2005Reply With Quote