Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Winclean ammo
 Login/Join

posted
any of you guys shoot this load with the brass jacket bullet?my brother has shot them in his sig 220 and he was telling me it was looking fowled pretty bad.so i told him about shooters choice mc 7 that i had.so i commenced to helping him get it cleaned up.we scrubbed and patched repeatedly.he finally took the the stuff home to finish it.it still took a couple of hours after he went home.he told me he never did get a green patch thaey all were black.even after he said he could not see any more signs of fowling,could this be something to do with the bronze brush or just alot of powder fowling?is there solvent that requires less elbow grease? homer

one of us
Picture of CDH
posted Hide Post
I've shot a few dozen boxes of the WinClean ammo. The brass looks almost brand new afterwards...so I cannot imagine it building up any significant powder residue in a pistol. When I use it in a clean gun, it simply does not warrant a cleaning afterwards...sometimes after 300 rounds.

The bullets don't copper foul any different than anything else I've ever used either.

Something else is amiss.

Believe nothing, no matter where you read it, or who said it, unless it agrees with your own reason and your own common sense.

Posts: 1780 | Location: South Texas, U. S. A. | Registered: 22 January 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Yep, the Win Clean ammo has behaved much the same as any other jacketed stuff in my guns. I usually just use Hoppes#9 and Sweets 7.62, for powder and jacket fouling respectively.
we shoot an awful lot of it at the indoor range, and never had much trouble with it.
Maybe get your brother to try a different brand of copper fouling remover? Sweets 7.62 is great, but Hoppes Bench Rest is good too.

Cheers, Dave.

Cheers, Dave.

Aut Inveniam Viam aut Faciam.

Posts: 6716 | Location: The Hunting State. | Registered: 08 March 2005Reply With Quote