New
Find
Notify
Tools

9mm accuracy.
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
Returned from the range today. Shot 3 of my 9mm's at 25 yards from an MTM Pistol rest. All guns were shot using the 6.2 grs. Power Pistol and 115 grs. JHP Sams load.
S&W 659 with BarSto barrel:

Glock 17L (Longslide) standard gun (1st shot was the 8 ring hole):

KImber 9mm with (fitted) KKM barrel:

I call the Kimber and S&W close to X ring accuracy.
Peter.

Be without fear in the face of your enemies. Be brave and upright, that God may love thee. Speak the truth always, even if it leads to your death. Safeguard the helpless and do no wrong;

Posts: 10505 | Location: Jacksonville, Florida | Registered: 09 January 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
peter - ever try a smith 952??

Posts: 13442 | Location: faribault mn | Registered: 16 November 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
butchloc, no I haven't. I have a model 52 for Bullseye shooting, so I was thinking of getting a 952, but opted instead to get the Kimber and pay the extra to have a match barrel fitted if necessary, which proved to be the case. I have a Gold Cup which was OK from the factory, but I had to have a Kart barrel fitted to get the best out of it. Bottom line was that I just wasn't sure that the out of the box accuracy was going to fill my needs. At the time, 952's were going for around $1500. Not sure what they are going for now.
Peter.

Be without fear in the face of your enemies. Be brave and upright, that God may love thee. Speak the truth always, even if it leads to your death. Safeguard the helpless and do no wrong;

Posts: 10505 | Location: Jacksonville, Florida | Registered: 09 January 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
i've got one, but never really accuracy tested it. from what little i've done it isn't like the 52 despite being a clone. i'm just guessing that the 9mm will never be a 38 wadcutter

Posts: 13442 | Location: faribault mn | Registered: 16 November 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Peter,
I went to David Sams W/S and it doesn't look like they have barrels for my 5906, the only S&W's listed are m&p's.
Same at KKM. Nice shooting pistols!
Back to the twist of these Smiths, it's 1-18.75 and not 1-10 I got this from S&W which is what I should have done in the first place.

Stepchild

NRA Life Member

Posts: 1326 | Location: glennie, mi. USA | Registered: 14 July 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Yeah, I wasn't sure about the 1:10 but didn't want to say anything. You might want to try BarSto, which was your original question. As you can see, they are no slouch in the accuracy department.
Peter.

one of us
posted Hide Post
Peter,
Thanks for the reply. I'm going to play with the loads first and see what happens.

Stepchild

NRA Life Member

Posts: 1326 | Location: glennie, mi. USA | Registered: 14 July 2003Reply With Quote