Find
Notify
Tools

Keltech
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of Pist
posted
I recently purchased a new Keltech .380 and could not get through a whole clip without jamming. I sent the pistol back to Keltech. After a month, I received the pistol back and it had the same problem as before. I've since gotten rid of the Keltech because it was so unreliable.

I really liked the size of this pistol and was disappointed that it was so unreliable. Has anyone else had any experience with Keltech firearms- good or bad? I'm wondering if my experience was a fluke or is this common with Keltech products?

Thanks

Posts: 43 | Location: Michigan | Registered: 01 February 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
i've had no trouble with keltec at all. did you try different ammos??

Posts: 13446 | Location: faribault mn | Registered: 16 November 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Pist
posted Hide Post
Yep, tried different ammos and all with the same result.

Posts: 43 | Location: Michigan | Registered: 01 February 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of CDH
posted Hide Post
I tried one a co-wprker owned few years back...a 9mm. The trigger was waaaaaaay too long and felt like it was full of sand. The magazine spring was soft enough that cartridges literally stood up or reversed from recoil. They didn't fit my hand for crap. Recoil angle made my wrist ache after 15 rounds.

I'm glad it was his and I didn't waste any money on one. Some seem to love 'em, some get real doozies. YMMV!

Believe nothing, no matter where you read it, or who said it, unless it agrees with your own reason and your own common sense.

Posts: 1780 | Location: South Texas, U. S. A. | Registered: 22 January 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I have found with the KelTec pistols your chance of being happy with it is 50/50. I like the Sub2000, but do not care for any other product too much.
cheers

Posts: 412 | Location: Iowa, for now | Registered: 18 July 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I have shot 4or so 9mm and 380s all had some feeding trouble.

Posts: 19390 | Location: wis | Registered: 21 April 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
My KelTec 32acp worked almost flawlessly...almost, because it sometimes would not feed Fiochi(sp) 60grhp, but it was perfect with WW Silvertips.
Sold it to my neighbor when I bought the KelTec 3AT; wanted a bit more energy.
It has not jammed or misfed, but sure wish it had the "empty mag" slide stop, like the 32acp.
The KelTec users group (ktog) is very active and helpful.

Posts: 639 | Location: Central Texas | Registered: 28 March 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of billinthewild
posted Hide Post
I use my compacts for concealed carry and they need to be 100% reliable. I went from KelTech to Kahr, the PM9, and have been very pleased with it.

"When you play, play hard; when you work, don't play at all."
Theodore Roosevelt

Posts: 4263 | Location: Pinetop, Arizona | Registered: 02 January 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Between myself and about 10 other of my shooting friends we have about 14 .32 and .380s. Only one ended up returned to the factory for jamming. I had two .32s, one of which was sold to a friend. Both have worked perfectly.

The only ammo we had a problem with was PMC .32...the cases were too long. favorite defensive ammo is the CorBon...50-150 fps faster than the rest and it expends.

Bob

Posts: 601 | Location: NH, USA | Registered: 06 November 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of pshooter
posted Hide Post
Pist:

Last year I bought a Sub2000. I had the same problem. I bought it for steel shoots and it wasn't up for the task. I also sent it back along with calls each week to monitor the progress. I got it back in about a month. They cut the feed ramp down alot and I haven't had any problems since.

I can't decide if I shoot to load, or load to shoot! The line between the two is very thin!

Posts: 48 | Location: S.E. Michigan | Registered: 25 February 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
...Saturday another friend bought "used" like new .32 for $180.00 out the door. Shot about 40 rounds from it the next day without a bobble...he was impressed by the reliability and how accurately he could shoot such a small gun so fast.

Bob

Posts: 601 | Location: NH, USA | Registered: 06 November 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of billinthewild
posted Hide Post
If you want small, accurate and very reliable, go with a Kahr PM9.

"When you play, play hard; when you work, don't play at all."
Theodore Roosevelt

Posts: 4263 | Location: Pinetop, Arizona | Registered: 02 January 2006Reply With Quote