THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM DOUBLE RIFLES FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Rifles  Hop To Forums  Double Rifles    SPR 22 ALERT !!! CURRENT SIGHTING!
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

SPR 22 ALERT !!! CURRENT SIGHTING!
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
An '06 version is on Gunbroker , NIB. Got my plaything a few weeks back. Good luck!
Rick

DRSS

Posts: 709 | Location: Gulf coast SW Fla. USA | Registered: 21 December 2006Reply With Quote
Picture of jeffeosso
posted Hide Post
Rick
give us a review of yours, please

opinions vary band of bubbas and STC hunting Club

Information on Ammoguide about
the416AR, 458AR, 470AR, 500AR
What is an AR round? Case Drawings 416-458-470AR and 500AR.
476AR,
http://www.weaponsmith.com

Posts: 39685 | Location: Conroe, TX | Registered: 01 June 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Looking forward to it. The recent weather here hasn't allowed a chance to shlog through snow up to your waist to walk into the range. Living in civilization really stinks sometimes. Around here, if you shoot a pellet gun in the back yard the flatlanders are calling the cops in minutes. When growing up, all I'd have to do is take a stroll out to the second or third pasture behind the house and go at it. Anyhow, it's driving me nuts sitting in the safe, and I'll let all know as soon as I can.
Rick

DRSS

Posts: 709 | Location: Gulf coast SW Fla. USA | Registered: 21 December 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Congrats, foxhound. Hope she's gentle on your shoulder. Looking forward to your report.
Bfly

Work hard and be nice, you never have enough time or friends.

Posts: 1195 | Location: Lake Nice, VA | Registered: 15 March 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
foxhound,
Any guidance on load selection will be appreciated.

It would be neat if a 200 to 220-grainer at 2150 fps would shoot well. Sort of a Nitro Express with training wheels that way, and pressures low, but a good deer and hog rifle for woods work.

I would be leery of factory loads that might be around 60Kpsi.

I was thinking of starting with H1000 and 200-grain bullet at the Hodgdon manual starting load, whatever that is.

Posts: 28032 | Location: KY | Registered: 09 December 2001Reply With Quote