THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM DOUBLE RIFLES FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Rifles  Hop To Forums  Double Rifles    Finally, 9.3 load for Mozambique
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Finally, 9.3 load for Mozambique
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
Yesterday PM, finally came up with workable load for Buff and Bush Pig for my trip to Mozambique. I wanted a Solid and Expander to shoot to a reasonable POI in, yes, my Sabatti 9.3 x 74R double rifle. Seems I have two choices now for this little gun.

The upper right is a CEB 255gr Safari Raptor, the lower right is a 286gr Barnes TSX and both of the left side, almost same hole, is a CEB 280gr Solid using Varget powder. Shot this group at 50yds with a Burris Fastfire III. Now it's all practice and a long wait until September before I get back to Africa. Can't wait to get the little Sabatti into some Africa action.

Thanks to all who helped get this "newbie" to double guns on the right track.

Larry Sellers
SCI(International)Life Member
Sabatti 'trash' Double Shooter
R8 Blaser
DRSS

PS - Biebs will be posting a pic shortly for me. Thanks Jon.

Posts: 3460 | Location: Jemez Mountains, New Mexico | Registered: 09 February 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Larry,

Hello! Was there not supposed to be a target with this post.

BTW I just bought a Fastfire III. Why would anybody use open sights?

Mark

MARK H. YOUNG
MARK'S EXCLUSIVE ADVENTURES
7094 Oakleigh Dr. Las Vegas, NV 89110
Office 702-848-1693
Cell, Whats App, Signal 307-250-1156 PREFERRED
E-mail markttc@msn.com
Check us out on https://www.facebook.com/pages...ures/627027353990716

Posts: 12893 | Location: LAS VEGAS, NV USA | Registered: 04 August 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Here's Larry's target.

Posts: 20106 | Location: Very NW NJ up in the Mountains | Registered: 14 June 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Mark - I think the target pic is up thanks to Beibs. I agree that open sights are a thing of the past for me. The 3MOA dot on the Fastfire does cover quite a bit of target and takes a little getting used to. I am used to Trijicon scopes with the triangle/post that provides "knats" ass precision aiming. On my little double gun and shooting "minute of Buffalo" should work just fine. What did you put your Fastfire on?

Larry Sellers
R8 Blaser
DRSS

quote:
Originally posted by MARK H. YOUNG:
Larry,

Hello! Was there not supposed to be a target with this post.

BTW I just bought a Fastfire III. Why would anybody use open sights?

Mark

Posts: 3460 | Location: Jemez Mountains, New Mexico | Registered: 09 February 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of mouse93
posted Hide Post
Larry 2 q's:

1. How fast are you pushing those loads?

2. How many reloads through this brass - marked on pic might show beginning of the brass head separation or is it a sizing die mark? ...not saying...just a heads up!

Posts: 2027 | Location: Slovenia | Registered: 28 April 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Haven't run any through a crony, but the book says the Barnes 286TSX should be running around 2,200 and the 250gr Barnes Solid should be around 2,350.

These cases have been loaded three or four times depending on batch and I believe the ring present is the die marking as it showed up the very first time it was sized. Sharp eyes you have. Smiler

Appreciate the questions and have a great day.

Larry Sellers
R8 Blaser
DRSS

quote:
Originally posted by mouse93:
Larry 2 q's:

1. How fast are you pushing those loads?

2. How many reloads through this brass - marked on pic might show beginning of the brass head separation or is it a sizing die mark? ...not saying...just a heads up!