THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM DOUBLE RIFLES FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Rifles  Hop To Forums  Double Rifles    Ken at Kebco is a bad bad man
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Ken at Kebco is a bad bad man
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
It's so easy, everyone needs one, just try this little one today, it will be fine, you can always quit. . He's like a pusher, but for double rifles. dancing

Look what showed up at for me today:

Chapius UGEX, 9.3x74mm

I'm incredibly impressed with this and the whole Kebco experience. I would definitely buy more. Right as soon as I make nice with the wife unit. Cool

Brian H
Longmont CO

Posts: 79 | Location: Longmont, CO, USA | Registered: 01 December 2010Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Welcome to the disease.

Very nice !!

Bob

DRSS
DSC
SCI
NRA & ISRA

Posts: 551 | Location: Northern Illinois,US | Registered: 13 May 2010Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of ROSCOE
posted Hide Post
I hate guys like Ken!

R. Lee Ermey: "The deadliest weapon in the world is a Marine and his rifle."
We're going to be "gifted" with a health care plan we are forced to purchase and fined if we don't, Which purportedly covers at least ten million more people, without adding a single new doctor, but provides for 16,000 new IRS agents, written by a committee whose chairman says he doesn't understand it, passed by a Congress that didn't read it but exempted themselves from it, and signed by a President, with funding administered by a treasury chief who didn't pay his taxes, for which we'll be taxed for four years before any benefits take effect, by a government which has already bankrupted Social Security and Medicare, all to be overseen by a surgeon general who is obese, and financed by a country that's broke!!!!! 'What the hell could possibly go wrong?'

Posts: 2122 | Location: Arkansas | Registered: 03 June 2000Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of JCS271
posted Hide Post
Nice rifle, did they have any with nice wood?

"The difference between adventure and disaster is preparation."
"The problem with quoting info from the internet is that you can never be sure it is accurate" Abraham Lincoln

Posts: 1626 | Location: Montana Territory | Registered: 27 March 2010Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Ken has a great price on the Ugex. Even after you get into the bigger bores, you'll find yourself using this one more than you would imagine. Great buy from a great shop!

Posts: 20086 | Location: Very NW NJ up in the Mountains | Registered: 14 June 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of tendrams
posted Hide Post
MUUUSSSTT....RESISSSSTTT.....URRRGEEEE.... to open...CHECKBOOOOK !

Great looking rifle!

One of Us
Picture of Rusty
posted Hide Post
Let me go ahead and say this now. . . Welcome to the DRSS!

Rusty
We Band of Brothers!
DRSS, NRA & SCI Life Member

"I am rejoiced at my fate. Do not be uneasy about me, for I am with my friends."
----- David Crockett in his last letter (to his children), January 9th, 1836
"I will never forsake Texas and her cause. I am her son." ----- Jose Antonio Navarro, from Mexican Prison in 1841
"for I have sworn upon the altar of god eternal hostility against every form of tyranny over the mind of man." Thomas Jefferson
Declaration of Arbroath April 6, 1320-“. . .It is not for glory, nor riches, nor honours that we are fighting, but for freedom - for that alone, which no honest man gives up but with life itself.”

Posts: 9797 | Location: Missouri City, Texas | Registered: 21 June 2000Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by JCS271:
Nice rifle, did they have any with nice wood?

bahahahaha

I know, isn't that amazing. That's not even the "upgraded" wood.

Brian H
Longmont CO

Posts: 79 | Location: Longmont, CO, USA | Registered: 01 December 2010Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Mike Brooks
posted Hide Post
So? What's it's big brother going to be?
This just getting your feeet damp.
Wait til you get wet!!!

NRA Life
ASSRA Life
DRSS

Today's Quote:
Give a man a fish and he eats for a day. Give a man a welfare check, a free cell phone with free monthly minutes, food stamps, section 8 housing, a forty ounce malt liquor, a crack pipe and some Air Jordan's and he votes Democrat for a lifetime.

Posts: 4096 | Location: Cherkasy Ukraine  | Registered: 19 November 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Thats a great rifle. Yes welcom to DRSS.
Will you be in Dallas for the DSC show and more importantly the DRSS get together.
Bill

Member DSC,DRSS,NRA,TSRA
A man who carries a cat by the tail learns something he can learn in no other way.
-Mark Twain
There ought to be one day - just one – when there is open season on Congressmen.
~Will Rogers~

Posts: 1132 | Location: Fort Worth, Texas | Registered: 09 May 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Dukescav
posted Hide Post
I have to agree with JSC271, for my first one, I would have had to wait for a little better piece of wood. But I have found that it is an affliction with no known cure. Welcome aboard.

Posts: 47 | Location: Houston | Registered: 07 July 2010Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
It is pretty... Looks like they quit putting english walnut on them... That looks like claro to me?

DM

Posts: 696 | Location: Upper Midwest, USA | Registered: 07 February 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Lone Cowboy:
It's so easy, everyone needs one, just try this little one today, it will be fine, you can always quit. . He's like a pusher, but for double rifles. dancing

Look what showed up at for me today:

Chapius UGEX, 9.3x74mm

I'm incredibly impressed with this and the whole Kebco experience. I would definitely buy more. Right as soon as I make nice with the wife unit. Cool

Great looking rifle. Congratulations and have fun with it. Mike

JP Sauer Drilling 12x12x9.3x72
David Murray Scottish Hammer 12 Bore
Alex Henry 500/450 Double Rifle
Steyr Classic Mannlicher Fullstock 6.5x55
Steyr Classic Mannlicher Fullstock .30-06
Walther PPQ H2 9mm
Walther PPS M2
Cogswell & Harrison Hammer 12 Bore Damascus
And Too Many More

Posts: 1857 | Location: Chattanooga, TN | Registered: 10 August 2010Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of wesley timmerman
posted Hide Post
Welcome to the addiction,soon you will look at those that do not own a double rifle much differently, almost like they are confused and lacking.lol
wesley

Posts: 672 | Location: south carolina | Registered: 08 December 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by wesley timmerman:
Welcome to the addiction,soon you will look at those that do not own a double rifle much differently, almost like they are confused and lacking.lol
wesley

You know, it's funny
When I told a couple people I wanted one, they are all saying "ohhh, what do you want that for? that's no good, you need whatever xyz brand/caliber of bolt action gun.
Ummm, everyone has a bolt action (me included)

but now that it's shown up

same person: "wow, that's pretty"
me: "wanna shoot it?"
person: "oh heck yes"

so, I'm thinking, perhaps they doth protest too much.

BTW, shot it yesterday, recoil isn't bad at all, i was somewhat worried initially, but nothing. Although I'm not going out to shoot 50 shots in a row, but really wasn't bad.

Brian H
Longmont CO

One of Us
posted Hide Post
cowboy you have been smitten by the d.r. addiction. welcome aboard.

one of us
posted Hide Post
Ken got me on a VC/Demas 450/400 a few years back....of course I was already suffering from the dreaded DRD....double rifle disease. He is a true gent and awesome to deal with.

Congrats on that fine piece of iron.

Gary
DRSS
NRA Lifer
SCI
DSC

Posts: 1970 | Location: NE Georgia, USA | Registered: 21 March 2002Reply With Quote
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by tendrams:
MUUUSSSTT....RESISSSSTTT.....URRRGEEEE.... to open...CHECKBOOOOK !

Great looking rifle!

This is the reason I have stopped visiting his website, it's too tempting....
Sean

Posts: 17 | Location: Kcmo | Registered: 13 November 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I am weak............to weak to resist. Ken sweet talked me into ordering a VC Safari standard in 450/400 built to my specs including the front trigger firing the left barrel as I am a lefty.
He really didnt play fair. I said, well, I dont like this or that. Answer was, we can change it to whatever you want or delete what you don't like and lower the price.
Smooth operator for sure. He knew my weak spots and took advantage of me.
That's my story and I'm stickin to itSmiler

Now I am considering selling my 9,3 Chapuis so I can order another built from the ground up for a lefty.

My biggest fear is when I die my wife will sell my guns for what I told her they cost.

Posts: 6604 | Location: Moving back to Alaska | Registered: 22 February 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Mike Brooks
posted Hide Post
Christmas came early to Eagle River. Now you can unwrap it in XXX months?

NRA Life
ASSRA Life
DRSS

Today's Quote:
Give a man a fish and he eats for a day. Give a man a welfare check, a free cell phone with free monthly minutes, food stamps, section 8 housing, a forty ounce malt liquor, a crack pipe and some Air Jordan's and he votes Democrat for a lifetime.

Posts: 4096 | Location: Cherkasy Ukraine  | Registered: 19 November 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Mike,
6-8 month lead time to have it built. Should be ready about the same time our snow melts

My biggest fear is when I die my wife will sell my guns for what I told her they cost.

Posts: 6604 | Location: Moving back to Alaska | Registered: 22 February 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Mike Brooks
posted Hide Post
Very nice! It'll miss the spring shoot but there's always the next time. I look forward to seeing this one!

NRA Life
ASSRA Life
DRSS

Today's Quote:

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Snowwolfe:
I am weak............to weak to resist. Ken sweet talked me into ordering a VC Safari standard in 450/400 built to my specs including the front trigger firing the left barrel as I am a lefty.
He really didnt play fair. I said, well, I dont like this or that. Answer was, we can change it to whatever you want or delete what you don't like and lower the price.
Smooth operator for sure. He knew my weak spots and took advantage of me.
That's my story and I'm stickin to itSmiler

Now I am considering selling my 9,3 Chapuis so I can order another built from the ground up for a lefty.

I thought your Chapuis was already LH? OR does it just have a LH stock?

I've been thinking of buying a LH Chapuis 9.3, as mine has a RH stock...

DM

Posts: 696 | Location: Upper Midwest, USA | Registered: 07 February 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
It neither, I guess. It does not have a cheek piece and the right trigger is in front.
But I recently found out from Ken that he can get me a Chapuis built from the ground up as far as triggers and stock design for a lefty. Costs more, but thats life.
Personally I think it would be important to have all my doubles set up the same way. That is, left trigger in front, firing the left barrel.
Most likely will put mine up for sale in Feb or so and go fromt here.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Is the stock straight then? OR bent for a right hander?

DM

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Straight, ordered it with no cast on/off. Fits pretty good but wished the comb was lower (to fit me anyhow) when using the iron sights. I don't have any trouble getting the sights lined up but after about 20 rounds at a session my cheek is puffy. Comb height would be perfect if I installed a scope but just like irons to much.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Snowwolfe:
Straight, ordered it with no cast on/off. Fits pretty good but wished the comb was lower (to fit me anyhow) when using the iron sights. I don't have any trouble getting the sights lined up but after about 20 rounds at a session my cheek is puffy. Comb height would be perfect if I installed a scope but just like irons to much.

I sent mine to JJ to have the stock straightened, he couldn't do it! That's why i "also" am thinking of buying a different DR. I just have to decide on what the heck i'm going to do, as i want to do something fairly soon.

DM

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Don't get me started guys Eeker I saw that nice little verney carron under & over 450-400 he was selling and when I made enquires found out it was sold. BUT now I am looking to see what i can empty out of the gun safe so i can order one and he isn't helping to stop me Big Grin

Posts: 896 | Location: Langwarrin,Australia | Registered: 06 September 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of ozhunter
posted Hide Post
Zhaba, Just do it and join the club. I just put my $ down.

Posts: 5886 | Location: Sydney,Australia  | Registered: 03 July 2005Reply With Quote