Find
Notify
Tools

Krieghoff .470 NE
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of PSmith
posted
Here is a target from this weekend. From fifty yards with a Barnes TSX as loaded by Safari Arms. The Krieghoff will be in Zimbabwe in three weeks!

I traded a Blaser S2 for this Krieghoff since the Blaser's left barrel shot 5 to 6 inches higher and 2 inches left of the right barrel. And that was after Blaser's gunsmith worked on it. I'm pretty happy with the accuracy of this Krieghoff.

Paul Smith
SCI Life Member
NRA Life Member
DSC Member
Life Member of the "I Can't Wait to Get Back to Africa" Club
DRSS
I had the privilege to fire E. Hemingway's WR .577NE, E. Keith's WR .470NE, & F. Jamieson's WJJ .500 Jeffery
I strongly recommend avoidance of "The Zambezi Safari & Travel Co., Ltd." and "Pisces Sportfishing-Cabo San Lucas"

"A failed policy of national defense is its own punishment" Otto von Bismarck

Posts: 2545 | Location: The 'Ham | Registered: 25 May 2007Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
You should be happy......that's a sweet left and right.

Gary
DRSS
NRA Lifer
SCI
DSC

Posts: 1970 | Location: NE Georgia, USA | Registered: 21 March 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Nothing wrong with that shooting.

I would shoot the Krieghoff at 100 yards, just in case you have to take a long shot.

DOUBLE RIFLE SHOOTERS SOCIETY

Posts: 16134 | Location: Texas | Registered: 06 April 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I absolutely cursed at and swore off the Krieghoff safe system. But really, it's OK. Basic Kreighofs can be plain to the eye and overweight, but I've neer seen one poorly made or of low quality, and they are built like a tank and are straight and solid tack drivers. It amazes me how svelte they are yet still on the heavy side, and they balance very well.

Posts: 1083 | Location: Texas Hill Country | Registered: 05 December 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Will
posted Hide Post
Paul,

Not that others are not, but my K 470 is a shooter too. I was also hesitant about the safety but it is inconsequential in the heat of the moment. It also makes a good gunbearer safety.

It can also be had lightweight, so to speak, as mine is whittled down to 9.7 lbs.

It would be nice to have ejectors but in reality most hunting is a one or two shot affair anyway.

Have fun in Zim.

-------------------------------
Will Stewart / Once you've been amongst them, there is no such thing as too much gun.
---------------------------------------
and, God Bless John Wayne.

NRA Benefactor Member, GOA, N.A.G.R.

"Elephant and Elephant Guns" $99 shipped
“Hunting Africa's Dangerous Game" $20 shipped.

red.dirt.elephant@gmail.com

Hoping to wind up where elephant hunters go.

Posts: 19319 | Location: Ocala Flats | Registered: 22 May 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Why are people hesitanat about the safety?

Posts: 1092 | Location: Florida | Registered: 14 August 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
The Krieghoff safety takes a little getting used to- but I love it. The lack of ejectors is also a minor pain, but with a bit of practice... At the last heavy rifle speed shoot held in Zim, Mike Payne used his Krieghoff .470 to win (6 centre hits in 13.2 seconds) beating Charlie Haley with his F.N. .458.

Have ordered a set of 20G barrels for mine and plan to shoot sporting and skiet with it in the off season- but starting with it de-cocked each time. Proably will not help my skiet scores but will be fun and get me up to Mikes proficiency with the 500/416

Posts: 3026 | Location: Zimbabwe | Registered: 23 July 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
It's a safe cocking mechanism by design. It's well described & diagrammed at the Krieghoff site.

Posts: 1083 | Location: Texas Hill Country | Registered: 05 December 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Will
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Ganyana:
Mike Payne used his Krieghoff .470 to win (6 centre hits in 13.2 seconds)

I want to see the video. That is pretty unbelievable! I can't get 4 out of my bolt that fast.

-------------------------------
Will Stewart / Once you've been amongst them, there is no such thing as too much gun.
---------------------------------------
and, God Bless John Wayne.

NRA Benefactor Member, GOA, N.A.G.R.

"Elephant and Elephant Guns" $99 shipped
“Hunting Africa's Dangerous Game" $20 shipped.

red.dirt.elephant@gmail.com

Hoping to wind up where elephant hunters go.

Posts: 19319 | Location: Ocala Flats | Registered: 22 May 2002Reply With Quote