THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM DOUBLE RIFLES FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Rifles  Hop To Forums  Double Rifles    Vintagers double rifle championships videos and pics under Paul Reed post
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Vintagers double rifle championships videos and pics under Paul Reed post
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of retreever
posted
Sept. 22 Pintail Point, Md. The double rifle event is Thursday and completes Friday. I will be arriving early Friday morning. The event is 32 shots and timed events with rapid reloading. There will be all kinds of doubles to see and hold. Last year there were 450 3.25, 450 #2, 500, 470, 577, 8 bore, 450/400, 45/70 375. Makes from Holland & Holland Royal down to a home made double.
Double shooters from PA., MD., N. J., VA., W.VA.
Double Don, Sam, Paul, come on and enjoy a friendly competition and shoot. I truly enjoy it. and look forward to it. Two years ago even Graem Wright came and shot with us.
www.vintagers.org
Last years pics I took link. couple video clips also

https://picasaweb.google.com/retreever/20100925

577 got away and bit back.

Michael Podwika... DRSS bigbores and hunting www.pvt.co.za " MAKE THE SHOT " 450#2 Famars

Posts: 6768 | Location: Wyoming, Pa. USA | Registered: 17 April 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of CCMDoc
posted Hide Post
Mike,
Trying to rearrange schedule to make it this year. Hopefully I will - need to see the pros at work!

NRA Lifer; DSC Lifer; SCI member; DRSS; AR member since November 9 2003

Don't Save the best for last, the smile for later or the "Thanks" for tomorow

Posts: 3465 | Location: In the Shadow of Griffin&Howe | Registered: 24 November 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Hopefully I will - need to see the pros at work!

I thought Mike was shooting??? :-)

Posts: 20165 | Location: Very NW NJ up in the Mountains | Registered: 14 June 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of DoubleDon
posted Hide Post
I'll be there Thursday and Friday. beer

Deo Vindice,

Don

Sons of Confederate Veterans Black Horse Camp #780

Posts: 1706 | Location: Virginia | Registered: 01 February 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I'd love to go but it will be hard for me to make it.

Sam

Posts: 2837 | Location: NC | Registered: 08 July 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of retreever
posted Hide Post
Biebs come on down and do some shooting with us.

Mike

Michael Podwika... DRSS bigbores and hunting www.pvt.co.za " MAKE THE SHOT " 450#2 Famars

Posts: 6768 | Location: Wyoming, Pa. USA | Registered: 17 April 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I will not be there this year as it conflicts with the Game Fair in Atlanta but have fun and take lots of pictures. I spoke to Josh yesterday and he is planning on winning the DR shoot again!

Ken

DRSS, PP Chapter
Life NRA
Life SCI
Life DSC

Posts: 1329 | Location: PA | Registered: 06 August 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Ken, see you at Hudson Farms instead.

Posts: 20165 | Location: Very NW NJ up in the Mountains | Registered: 14 June 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Mike, I just made res for Wed night and Thur. have to come home Fri about noon as I have a high school game to work Fri eve, and then to Pittsburgh sat for ND game. See everyone there.

Posts: 5338 | Location: Bedford, Pa. USA | Registered: 23 February 2002Reply With Quote
One Of Us
posted Hide Post
Where do you recommend staying back there for this event, never been?...that my wife will enjoy as well...
We'll have to fly into Dulles/National being married to Alaska Airlines awards program...drive over then maybe do some touring in New England and maybe Niagara before flying back??

470EDDY

Posts: 2677 | Location: The Other Washington | Registered: 24 March 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I just want to rent a room - Sleep Inn also the closest to the events.

Posts: 5338 | Location: Bedford, Pa. USA | Registered: 23 February 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of DoubleDon
posted Hide Post
Best Western, Grasonville (Kent Narrows), Md. 410-827-6767. About the closest to the events and within walking distance of several nice (seafood) restaurants and dock bars beer. Crabs will be nice and fat at that time of the year. The raw Chesapeake Bay oysters won't be too bad either Wink. Rooms $79 per night.

Deo Vindice,

Don

One of Us
Picture of retreever
posted Hide Post
Also towards Easton. Don there are some great seafood there in Kent Narrows.
The Fifteenth Annual Vintage Cup
September 22-25, 2011
Pintail Point in Queenstown, Maryland

Area Accommodations

Rooms have been blocked at the hotels listed below.
Be certain to mention Vintagers or The Vintage Cup to obtain special pricing (weekday/weekend).

Sleep Inn (closest)
Grasonville, MD 21638
410/827-5555

Best Western- Kent Narrows Inn
Grasonville, MD
410/827-6767
800/828-3381

Holiday Inn Express – Kent Narrows
Grasonville, MD 21638
410/827-4454
888/877-4454

Hilton Garden Inn Kent Island
Grasonville, MD
410-827-3877
Limited availability

Hampton Inn and Suites
Easton, MD 21601
410/822-2200

Holiday Inn Express
Easton, MD 21601
410/819-6500

Comfort Inn Easton
Easton, MD 21601
410/820-8333

For a more complete list of hotels, you may e-mail:
vintagersray@hotmail.com

Or go to the following websites:

www.discoverqueenannes.com

www.tourtalbot.org

One Of Us
posted Hide Post
Thanks Much...hope to see you there?

470EDDY

Posts: 2677 | Location: The Other Washington | Registered: 24 March 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of DoubleDon
posted Hide Post
Mike, truth be known, I'm going for the wonderful fresh caught seafood!! Big Grin

Deo Vindice,

Don

One of Us
Picture of retreever
posted Hide Post
Don bring lots of ammo, i want to shoot that bespoke. dancing

Mike

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Hello all,

Josh may have his plans changed.

I just got back from the range with my "new" .470, and it shoots pretty well!

All the best,
Mal MacGregor

Posts: 29 | Location: Northeast USA | Registered: 31 July 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of retreever
posted Hide Post
Mal how about we tease Josh as he is shooting. Put the pressure on him.

Mike

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Hey guys, I know this isn't Dallas, but would anyone like to get together for dinner on Thursday evening?

One Of Us
posted Hide Post
What is the aftermath of the big Hurricane and all of the nasty weather coming up into the Gulf and blowing all the way to NY going to do to the Vintagers shoot?? Never seen such a weather pattern...is it worth coming back with this chain of events??

470EDDY

One of Us
Picture of retreever
posted Hide Post
Hi guys,

Just got back home after working cleaning out the cabin of ours with my brother. We raised it to Fema specs to get it out of the flood plane. Ground floor is at 14feet. River went up to 48feet.
Ground level is 31 feet river measurment. To water line was 17 feet above ground. So 31 +17 = 48 feet of Raging Susquehanna river. Just under 3 feet inside of cabin.

Anyway will speak to Ray about the Vintagers tomorrow.

Mike

One of Us
Picture of Rusty
posted Hide Post
Mike,
Sorry to hear about the flooding. Wish there was a pipeline from y'all to us, we could use the water!

Rusty
We Band of Brothers!
DRSS, NRA & SCI Life Member

"I am rejoiced at my fate. Do not be uneasy about me, for I am with my friends."
----- David Crockett in his last letter (to his children), January 9th, 1836
"I will never forsake Texas and her cause. I am her son." ----- Jose Antonio Navarro, from Mexican Prison in 1841
"for I have sworn upon the altar of god eternal hostility against every form of tyranny over the mind of man." Thomas Jefferson
Declaration of Arbroath April 6, 1320-“. . .It is not for glory, nor riches, nor honours that we are fighting, but for freedom - for that alone, which no honest man gives up but with life itself.”

Posts: 9797 | Location: Missouri City, Texas | Registered: 21 June 2000Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of retreever
posted Hide Post
Storm damage minimal at Pintail Point. Only branches knocked off trees.

ITS A GO ELEPHANT GUNS TO THE RANGE...

Mike

One Of Us
posted Hide Post
SUPER, thanks much!!

470EDDY

one of us
Picture of Bill/Oregon
posted Hide Post
This left coaster is praying for outstanding visual and written reports.

There is hope, even when your brain tells you there isn’t.
– John Green, author

Posts: 16654 | Location: Las Cruces, NM | Registered: 03 June 2000Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of retreever
posted Hide Post
this is what I had to put up last week after the hurricane and tropical depression here in N.E.PA.

One of Us
Picture of DoubleDon
posted Hide Post
With all the fresh water runoff, the local raw oysters will not be as salty Frowner

Deo Vindice,

Don

One of Us
posted Hide Post
OK, I can't attend this year's event! (lucky for you Mike!! LOl )

BUT, I am going to offer-up a Winner takes all "Grand Prize Stuff" Package:

Texas Hunt Co. PH Belt Set complete
Safari Gaiters
THE Pack
THE Wallet (Holds passport)
Universal Gun Case
Ammo Master
Master Blaster Rifle sling

Package valued at 700.00 shocker

Mike: Please e-mail me the address and Belt and Gaiters size of the lucky winner. (We would send up the package for the event, but some of the items are size specific)

Good luck everybody!

Safe shooting,

Jeff Wemmer

One of Us
Picture of CCMDoc
posted Hide Post
Wow Jeff - very generous of you! beer

Unfortunately I can't make it with flood cleanup ongoing but considering Josh will be there, I had no chance of winning it anyway. homer

Very cool - I'll have to buy some of those things before heading to Namibia. tu2

NRA Lifer; DSC Lifer; SCI member; DRSS; AR member since November 9 2003

Don't Save the best for last, the smile for later or the "Thanks" for tomorow

Posts: 3465 | Location: In the Shadow of Griffin&Howe | Registered: 24 November 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Rusty
posted Hide Post
You Da Man, Jeff!

Rusty
We Band of Brothers!
DRSS, NRA & SCI Life Member

"I am rejoiced at my fate. Do not be uneasy about me, for I am with my friends."
----- David Crockett in his last letter (to his children), January 9th, 1836
"I will never forsake Texas and her cause. I am her son." ----- Jose Antonio Navarro, from Mexican Prison in 1841
"for I have sworn upon the altar of god eternal hostility against every form of tyranny over the mind of man." Thomas Jefferson
Declaration of Arbroath April 6, 1320-“. . .It is not for glory, nor riches, nor honours that we are fighting, but for freedom - for that alone, which no honest man gives up but with life itself.”

Posts: 9797 | Location: Missouri City, Texas | Registered: 21 June 2000Reply With Quote
posted Hide Post
Mike
Wax the barrels and bring rain gear. Report is 40% chance rain and possible thunderstorms Thurs and Fri. Dan may need to laminate the targets... See you Friday. -Richard

one of us
Picture of foxfire
posted Hide Post
I'm all packed and ready, I'll be there Thursday for the first half of the stopping gun event. I'm also shooting the drilling event. I can't wait I love this show. I'll be there until sunday
Crabs and guns this is gonna be great.
Hoping to see you guys again.

No good deed goes unpunished.

Posts: 359 | Location: Long Island, New York | Registered: 28 November 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of foxfire
posted Hide Post
Today was the first day of the stopping gun event. I shot lousy but I had fun. I love shooting that 470. I hope I shoot better tomorrow.

Posts: 359 | Location: Long Island, New York | Registered: 28 November 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of retreever
posted Hide Post
Leaving tomorrow morning early.. Look out here I come. Hope I shoot straight. Eeker animal

Mike

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Went yesterday, if not a participant it doesn't take long to see everything. I only stayed a couple of hrs.

One of Us
Picture of retreever
posted Hide Post
Well the vintagers is coming to a close tomorrow. Exhibitors were down this year, economy must be an issue. Friend shoot an interesting side by side. A 16 gauge rifled double barrel J.P.Sauer in the stalking rifle event.
The stopping rifle event was a hoot rain stopped while I was shooting.

Mike

Will continue later.

One of Us
Picture of DoubleDon
posted Hide Post
IMO, the exhibitor turnout being substatially down is the result of SCI Game Fair in Atlanta on the same weekend. Hopefully this was not intentional. Good seeing you Mike and meeting some other AR members.

Deo Vindice,

Don

One Of Us
posted Hide Post
Well, maybe it was well that Biz intervened...here I am sitting in the first wind and rain of Fall in the Great Northwest...just thinking about doubles!! Interesting to hear the reports from SCI Epic Game Fair. I sure enjoy the CLA Game Fair in UK...I hope they move Vintagers back to NY...I hear it was a better venue??...and not overlap Game Fair...

470EDDY

one of us
Picture of foxfire
posted Hide Post
Scuttlebutt says it's going to rhode island next year. They said it started there and now it's going back. This year was disappointing. The shooting was great but the show with the vendors was poor and boring.

One of Us
Picture of DoubleDon
posted Hide Post
quote:
This year was disappointing. The shooting was great but the show with the vendors was poor and boring.

100% agree. Was a pleasure meeting y'all. I heard that it's a done deal...going to the grounds of Robbin Hollow Outfitters in R.I. next year.

Deo Vindice,

Don