THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM DOUBLE RIFLES FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Rifles  Hop To Forums  Double Rifles    Vintagers double rifle championships videos and pics under Paul Reed post
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Vintagers double rifle championships videos and pics under Paul Reed post
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of CCMDoc
posted Hide Post
Rhode Island, huh...
Maybe its good that I haven't been able to sell my house there yet ...

NRA Lifer; DSC Lifer; SCI member; DRSS; AR member since November 9 2003

Don't Save the best for last, the smile for later or the "Thanks" for tomorow

Posts: 3465 | Location: In the Shadow of Griffin&Howe | Registered: 24 November 2007Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Greetings AR Colleagues,

Brandon and I attended the Vintagers on Friday the 23rd and had a chance to meet a number of our AR brethren. Mike (Retreever) shot in the competition as did many others and I managed to capture some photos and videos for your review. It was good to meet Double Don, Mal, Marty (8Bore) and many others.

Mother Nature refused to cooperate and we had numerous rain storms and downpours making it difficult for all and the range was wet and muddy but still the gang persevered and the competition went on. I'll leave it to Mike and others to add comments and details.

Vendors were down in number and I truly felt sorry for them as the tents had some leaks, water ran through the center of the exhibitor tents in a full steady stream and it must have been hell trying to keep the $80K Holland and Holland's etc dry.

Here are some pictures:

VIDEOS-with apologies for the quality(taken on a small Canon) You can view them all while in my Photobucket account.

"Diligentia - Vis - Celeritas"
NRA Benefactor Member
Member DRSS

Posts: 1026 | Location: Southeastern PA, USA | Registered: 14 February 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Boy, I sure hope that the rumours about Robin Hollow are true! My good friend lives 20 minutes south of it. Also, Little Rhoddy is considerably closer for me than Pintail Point.

Posts: 386 | Location: Oshawa, Ontario, Canada | Registered: 01 February 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of retreever
posted Hide Post
Got home a while ago but I am bushed from shooting.
and the weather. Shot the stopping rifle well. All of my shots were patterned. No wild ones always in control of rifle.
Have to tell you arrived late damn new GPS sent me around the west side of the Chesapeake bay. The problem is that the shoot was on the eastern shore. A hundred miles of backtracking, not a happy camper. Don't leave home without map!!!
The weather was sour and shot 32 shots in 30 minutes. I usually shoot every morning and then afternoon.
I love the competition. AR members had a very good representation there this year and Place finishers. The winner was Jim B. It is the guy with the first pic I posted from last year. His 577 gato him last your and he made up with a first place finish this year.

Mike

Michael Podwika... DRSS bigbores and hunting www.pvt.co.za " MAKE THE SHOT " 450#2 Famars

Posts: 6768 | Location: Wyoming, Pa. USA | Registered: 17 April 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of foxfire
posted Hide Post
Here's the results.
I couldn't cut and paste with the scores the standings will have to do.
Congratulations to all that participated.

Stalking Rifle Shooters

Jim Clark
Mal MacGregor
Josh Weiner
Mal Macgregor
Michael Sands
Josh Weiner
Richard Sedlak
Haley Pearsall
Bob Spofford
Cyrus Smith
Joseph Hashim
David Weber
Donald Carpenter
Ron Toth

Stopping Rifle Shooters
Jim Burdacki
Josh Weiner
Jim Clark
Jim Clark
Josh Weiner
Mal MacGregor
Mal MacGregor
Michael Podwika
Mal MacGregor
Jim Burdacki
Richard Sedlak
Tony Masino
Steven Stravitz

Alex Henry Cup
Mal MacGregor
Josh Weiner
Josh Weiner
Mal MacGregor
Joseph Hashim
Michael Podwika
Haley Pearsall
Haley Pearsall
Richard Sedlak

Drilling Event
Haley Pearsall
Carl Harlan
Mal MacGregor
Mal MacGregor
Steven Stravitz
Richard Sedlak
David Montgomery

Cape Gun Event
Carl Harlan
Neil Wilkinson
Haley Pearsall
Paul Belpasso

No good deed goes unpunished.

Posts: 359 | Location: Long Island, New York | Registered: 28 November 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of retreever
posted Hide Post
Videos and pics added in Paul Reed's post and thank you Paul.

Mike

Michael Podwika... DRSS bigbores and hunting www.pvt.co.za " MAKE THE SHOT " 450#2 Famars

Posts: 6768 | Location: Wyoming, Pa. USA | Registered: 17 April 2003Reply With Quote