NitroExpress?
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Hi Peter!

wave

Cheers
Tinker

Posts: 802 | Location: Palomino Valley, NV | Registered: 26 April 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of peterdk
posted Hide Post
hi mate

are you close to your skype connection ?

cheers

peter

Posts: 1336 | Location: denmark | Registered: 01 September 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I'll work on that.

Let's see...

Cheers
Tinker

Posts: 802 | Location: Palomino Valley, NV | Registered: 26 April 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of peterdk
posted Hide Post
see what a great tool it is Smiler

thanks for the chat.

peter

Posts: 1336 | Location: denmark | Registered: 01 September 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Sarg
posted Hide Post
YES ! That is great to see , Im truly missing NitroEx !

Cheers to John .

Thanks !

Posts: 461 | Location: New Zealand - Australia - South Africa | Registered: 14 October 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Peter-

It was great to burn some time with you on the wire!

Sarg-

I too am missing John's site. Cheers to him indeed!
Some progress is good progress I say, and I'll keep looking in to see how the ISP does on restoration for him.

Cheers
Tinker

one of us
Picture of MacD37
posted Hide Post
I still can't get to anything past the main page that was already in my hard drive!

I don't go there too often but I do visit it on occasion! However frankly lately when I do go there I don't exactly feel welcome there. Maybe that is why I can't log back on?

.................. bewildered

....Mac >>>===(x)===> MacD37, ...and DUGABOY1
DRSS Charter member
"If I die today, I've had a life well spent, for I've been to see the Elephant, and smelled the smoke of Africa!"~ME 1982

Hands of Old Elmer Keith

Posts: 14634 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: 08 June 2000Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of DoubleDon
posted Hide Post
It's now back up!!!!!!!!!! Big Grin

Deo Vindice,

Don

Sons of Confederate Veterans Black Horse Camp #780

Posts: 1696 | Location: Virginia | Registered: 01 February 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of NitroX
posted Hide Post
Sorry I have taken it back down.

98% fixed. The forum s/w backups by the ISP were faulty ie a few files were missing, but I think a couple of important ones were just MISSED by the support people. Restored the files which were a problem myself once I identified the missing ones (actually restored everything, just to be sure).

The ISP support staff left a lot of loose ends with new paths, server names etc, which they never told me about and I had to find out the hard way! And modify in the actual script files as the usual easy mechanisms weren't accessible.

Some minor issues left to fix, and probably best it is inaccessible until they are fixed. Hopefully a day or two only, maybe more if I need support from useful support people. Spent a lot of time working on them today, but need some support to fix the last bits, and not available tomorrow.

When it is fully functioning again, it will be shifted somewhere else.

As for the database for the forums, seems to have no issues whatsoever. I don't think they were affected and there WERE backups of them anyway.

John H.

NitroExpress.com - the net's double rifle forum

Posts: 10138 | Location: Wine Country, Barossa Valley, Australia | Registered: 06 March 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Sarg
posted Hide Post
Bugger !

Oh well !

Posts: 461 | Location: New Zealand - Australia - South Africa | Registered: 14 October 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Mike Brooks
posted Hide Post
It's up and online! Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin

NRA Life
ASSRA Life
DRSS

Today's Quote:
Give a man a fish and he eats for a day. Give a man a welfare check, a free cell phone with free monthly minutes, food stamps, section 8 housing, a forty ounce malt liquor, a crack pipe and some Air Jordan's and he votes Democrat for a lifetime.

Posts: 4096 | Location: Cherkasy Ukraine  | Registered: 19 November 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of DoubleDon
posted Hide Post
Back off...again. Frowner

Deo Vindice,

Don

Sons of Confederate Veterans Black Horse Camp #780

Posts: 1696 | Location: Virginia | Registered: 01 February 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Almost a month now, wow.

Posts: 108 | Location: USA, Surrey, Loire France  | Registered: 03 March 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of NitroX
posted Hide Post
Sinner

Thank you for your continual "best" wishes ...

John H.

Posts: 10138 | Location: Wine Country, Barossa Valley, Australia | Registered: 06 March 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of NitroX
posted Hide Post
For other people interested. The forums are up but some back issue problems. One was fixed but resulted in posts now not working ...

I will post when it is open and available for posting.

Thanks to AR for allowing this thread.

John H.

Picture of Mark
posted Hide Post
John,

It is still not working for me, either right now or when I checked it a couple hours ago, just FYI. I tried reloading the page thinking it may have been an old cached page but it didn't change.

In case you have had a couple of different page headings, here is what I get (italics are mine):

Temporary index file for Forums.NitroExpress.com. The forums were hacked on Christmas Day, and the forums software was restored and the database seemingly unaffected. The work to fix the forums is 98% done, but a couple of minor problems. The forums were up for a few hours today, but I have taken them back offline until the final minor problems are fixed. Hopefully within a day or two, everything will be back up. Thanks to everyone for their patience. 18/01/2011

for every hour in front of the computer you should have 3 hours outside

Posts: 7763 | Location: Between 2 rivers, Middle USA | Registered: 19 August 2000Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by NitroX:
Sinner

Thank you for your continual "best" wishes ...

PM sent.

Posts: 108 | Location: USA, Surrey, Loire France  | Registered: 03 March 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of NitroX
posted Hide Post
FINALLY it seems to be working again.

I tracked down some permissions which had changed when the directories were restored.

For any members interested, posts, searches, reading threads etc all seems to be working again.

Thanks to everyone for their patience.

John H.

one of us
Picture of MacD37
posted Hide Post
That's good news John! beer

Sorry you had to pay so some jerk could play!

....Mac >>>===(x)===> MacD37, ...and DUGABOY1
DRSS Charter member
"If I die today, I've had a life well spent, for I've been to see the Elephant, and smelled the smoke of Africa!"~ME 1982

Hands of Old Elmer Keith

Posts: 14634 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: 08 June 2000Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Von Gruff
posted Hide Post
Just been on NE and it is a great relief to see that the data hes been saved. Good one John. Now we can all get our NE fix again.

Von Gruff.

Von Gruff.

http://www.vongruffknives.com/

Gen 12: 1-3

Exodus 20:1-17

Acts 4:10-12

Posts: 2684 | Location: South Otago New Zealand. | Registered: 08 February 2009Reply With Quote
posted Hide Post
Cheers John

Buchseman

Posts: 11 | Location: Wisconsin | Registered: 01 August 2009Reply With Quote