New
Find
Notify
Tools

Chapuis Scope Mount
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
Could someone who owns a Chapuis with the factory pivot mount measure the ring spacing inside and outside and report it? Thanks!

Posts: 1236 | Location: Lexington, Kentucky, USA | Registered: 04 February 2003Reply With Quote
One Of Us
Picture of new_guy
posted Hide Post
Art - the swing off (pivot) mounts typically have an extension for the front ring (see photo below). These are available in different lengths to move the front ring rearward and accommodate different scopes.

What make & model of scope are you trying to mount on your Chapuis?

www.heymusa.com

HSC Booth # 306
SCI Booth # 3947

one of us
posted Hide Post
I am thinking of a Trijicon 1.25-4. They have the best eye relief and non-criticality of positioning of any of the new scopes I have tried (specs are worthless for this kind of comparison; I have found no correlation between eye relief specs and the actual usefulness of the scope). It is a small scope but does have a slightly expanded objective bell, which makes ring positioning more critical. I was hoping someone with a Chapuis and stock factory mounts would measure what they provide.

Posts: 1236 | Location: Lexington, Kentucky, USA | Registered: 04 February 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Art,

I have a Chapuis 9,3x74R with 1.5-6 S&B scope. The scope has a rather large front bell. The ring is mounted on that bell. The mount is a factory pivot on the front but latches onto a fitting secured to the scope's rail in the rear.

Do you really want dimensions of such an installation?

Mike

--------------
DRSS, Womper's Club, NRA Life Member/Charter Member NRA Golden Eagles ...
Knifemaker, http://www.mstarling.com

Posts: 6199 | Location: Charleston, WV | Registered: 31 August 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Chapuis has a mount for a Bushnell Holosight. It is a QD pivot mount. I have one here, somewhere, but I have not used it. I use a Trijicon Reflex sight on my Krieghoff, using a mount that I sell for the Krieghoff Classic. I don't know what the Trijicon scope you are wanting to use requires. I would guess it needs a picatinney(sp) rail or weaver type rail. Send me an email to Euroguns@aol.com

Posts: 72 | Location: Houston Texas USA | Registered: 24 March 2006Reply With Quote