New
Find
Notify
Tools

Any chance of getting
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted

Any chance of getting these bad boys and will i be able to shoot these loads from it:
Buffalo Bore Ammunition 45-70 Magnum Levergun 500 Grain Full Metal Jacket Flat Nose Box of 20
500 grain FMJ ammo

Page for sparten specs

Posts: 68 | Location: Canyon Country CA | Registered: 07 October 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of MacD37
posted Hide Post
Adam, "IF" you ever see one of these little Russian shooter, I'd be very carefull what i shot in it! Remington was going to import these things, but they have been makeing excuses why they are not available for two years. and it looks like they will never be imported into the USA. It is little loss, however, because they are very poor quality, IMO! At $600 USD they can't be anything else. $600 will barely buy two boxes of REAL double rifle AMMO, and that amount of money wouldn't pay for installing quality iron sights!

If you do find one and buy it, the 45-70 model would be OK with factory ammo like the winchester 300 gr deer loads, but I'd not put any so-called HOT loads in it. The claims made those who sell that crap is highly suspect,and IMO, that little shooter is up to the pressures.

....Mac >>>===(x)===> MacD37, ...and DUGABOY1
DRSS Charter member
"If I die today, I've had a life well spent, for I've been to see the Elephant, and smelled the smoke of Africa!"~ME 1982

Hands of Old Elmer Keith

Posts: 14634 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: 08 June 2000Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Ok, u have a point, i didnt know they were russian made. Well ill just save my lunch money for my scearcy 470 in a few years.

Posts: 68 | Location: Canyon Country CA | Registered: 07 October 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of bulldog563
posted Hide Post
I think it would be fun to play around with. I hope they come out eventually.

Posts: 2153 | Location: Southern California | Registered: 23 October 2005Reply With Quote