THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM DOUBLE RIFLES FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Rifles  Hop To Forums  Double Rifles    Westley Richards - nice folk!
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Westley Richards - nice folk!
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of CCMDoc
posted
We're always bitchin about someone who "didn't" or "wouldn't" but I'm happy to say that many people I've come across have been the opposite and gone out of their way to be helpful.

You've heard me speak so of Ken Buch of Kebco, Guillaume Verney-Carron of V-C, Wayne Jacobson of AHR, Rick Wallis of Cabelas and many of you who have been so helpful.

I'll add Westley Richards folk to the list.

I had emailed them regarding the 600NE round they sell. Asked if they could tell me which components were used as well as powder and charge. I didn't expect much more than an email saying "proprietary info kept only by Wolfgang Romey".

Instead I received a phone call from a gentleman who was quite courteous, apologetic and interested as well as interesting. He was apologetic for being unable to share the load info - he said they at Westley Richards had no information and Wolfgang Romey kept that info to himself. I said I understood completely and was expecting as much.

We had a very nice discussion about all things 600NE and double rifles in general. It was both surprising and refreshing.

I am sorry I didn't ask him to repeat his name - I'm terrible about that and have no idea with whom I was speaking but whoever he was, it was an unexpected pleasure.

Just thought it worth passing on.

NRA Lifer; DSC Lifer; SCI member; DRSS; AR member since November 9 2003

Don't Save the best for last, the smile for later or the "Thanks" for tomorow

Posts: 3462 | Location: In the Shadow of Griffin&Howe | Registered: 24 November 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of DoubleDon
posted Hide Post
Doc, did you call Birmingham or Montana? If Montana, you probably talked to Kevin Killday.

Deo Vindice,

Don

Sons of Confederate Veterans Black Horse Camp #780

Posts: 1697 | Location: Virginia | Registered: 01 February 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of CCMDoc
posted Hide Post
Hey Don,
I emailed them and someone called me. Just checked the phone number and the area code is Montana so probably the gentleman you mentioned. Had an enjoyable conversation.

paul

Posts: 3462 | Location: In the Shadow of Griffin&Howe | Registered: 24 November 2007Reply With Quote
<generalwar>
posted
Kevin Kilday

one of us
Picture of Palmer
posted Hide Post
+1 on Kevin being a nice guy to talk to.

ALLEN W. JOHNSON - DRSS

Into my heart on air that kills
From yon far country blows:
What are those blue remembered hills,
What spires, what farms are those?
That is the land of lost content,
I see it shining plain,
The happy highways where I went
And cannot come again.

A. E. Housman

Posts: 2251 | Location: Mo, USA | Registered: 21 April 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of retreever
posted Hide Post
If you called the gun room in Great Britain you may have spoken to Anthony Tragar aka Trigger
a friend of mine. I will introduce you to him at the DSC convention.

Mike

Michael Podwika... DRSS bigbores and hunting www.pvt.co.za " MAKE THE SHOT " 450#2 Famars

Posts: 6767 | Location: Wyoming, Pa. USA | Registered: 17 April 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of CCMDoc
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by retreever:
If you called the gun room in Great Britain you may have spoken to Anthony Tragar aka Trigger
a friend of mine. I will introduce you to him at the DSC convention.

Mike

Hi Mike,

They called me from Montana so probably Kevin Kilday if the gang here are correct.

BUT I'll take you up on the offer to meet Mr. Tragar at DSC. beer

Thanks,
Paul

One of Us
posted Hide Post
I agree, both Kevin and Trigger share the fun and excitement around new and vintage guns and rifles that we here all seem to share.
Great guys!

Cheers
Tinker

Posts: 802 | Location: Palomino Valley, NV | Registered: 26 April 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I'd like to add to the above. I was in Birmingham about two weeks ago and spent 4 hours at Westley Richards--GREAT folks!! Trigger looked up some data on my 425, built in 1922 I now know, then showed me around the work shop. Had a chance to talk with everyone and they were all great folks who love their jobs. The gun vaults, both finished and in progress, will make you light headed with the craftsmanship displayed. Rashid, the in house engraver, showed me some of his work and it's hard to do it justice with words. Talked with Steve a bit about reloading and some of their future ideas, again a great guy. Last, but far from least, I'd like to thank the shop manager, Corine. This lovely young lady didn't know me from Adam but gave me the run of the place so to speak and was the perfect hostess. I did note she appeared a bit relieved when my wife arrived to get me, long story about a candy factory there. Birmingham is about a 2 hour train ride from London, if I'd get the chance I'd go again in a heartbeat.

Posts: 367 | Location: South east Georgia | Registered: 16 September 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Yes, Kevin has helped me out on several occasions. Good representative for the brand.

Posts: 20119 | Location: Very NW NJ up in the Mountains | Registered: 14 June 2009Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Bought a 425 WR rifle from Kevin and he is a fine gent.....excellent to deal with.

Gary
DRSS
NRA Lifer
DSC

Posts: 1970 | Location: NE Georgia, USA | Registered: 21 March 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of BrettAKSCI
posted Hide Post
Kevin in Montana is a good guy. I have nothing, but good to say about the couple interactions I've had with him.

Brett

DRSS
Life Member SCI
Life Member NRA
Life Member WSF

Rhyme of the Sheep Hunter
May fordings never be too deep, And alders not too thick; May rock slides never be too steep And ridges not too slick.
And may your bullets shoot as swell As Fred Bear's arrow's flew; And may your nose work just as well As Jack O'Connor's too.
May winds be never at your tail When stalking down the steep; May bears be never on your trail When packing out your sheep.
May the hundred pounds upon you Not make you break or trip; And may the plane in which you flew Await you at the strip.
-Seth Peterson

Posts: 4551 | Location: Alaska | Registered: 21 February 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Guys, the lady at the shop is Karina Clode and she is the daughter of Simon Clode the owner of Westely Richards. They are all personal friends as well as Trigger and Stephen and I consider them to be the best of the best. I am confident I can get you the load data you request and if so will send you via PM. You should all make an effort to get by their store when you can. It is simply fantastic.

Larry

York, SC

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Larry,
Thanks for the correction on Karina's name, I'm afraid 36 years in the military has left my ears more decorative than useful. They are all fine folks and you are lucky to be able to count them as friends.
Take care.

Posts: 367 | Location: South east Georgia | Registered: 16 September 2005Reply With Quote