Find
Notify
Tools

Red Dot on my 500?
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of Slider
posted
I am thinking about puting a Red Dot on my 500. What is the latest way to mount one?

Posts: 2328 | Location: East Wenatchee | Registered: 18 August 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
What rifle?

Posts: 20086 | Location: Very NW NJ up in the Mountains | Registered: 14 June 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Slider
posted Hide Post
Merkel Safari 500 NE SxS

Posts: 2328 | Location: East Wenatchee | Registered: 18 August 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Brain1
posted Hide Post
Trijicon makes a rib mount for their RMR reflex sights. I have one and it works fine.

You can borrow money, but you can't borrow time. Don't wait, go now.
Savannah Safaris Namibia
Otjitambi Trails & Safaris
DRSS
NRA
SCI
DSC
TSRA
TMPA

Posts: 1241 | Location: Bridgeport, Tx | Registered: 20 May 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Slider
posted Hide Post
quote:
Trijicon makes a rib mount for their RMR reflex sights

Is any Mill work nessasry? Do you have an Image?

One of Us
Picture of Brain1
posted Hide Post
Slider, PM and I will email a few pics. I am not proficient at posting pics here.

You can borrow money, but you can't borrow time. Don't wait, go now.
Savannah Safaris Namibia
Otjitambi Trails & Safaris
DRSS
NRA
SCI
DSC
TSRA
TMPA

Posts: 1241 | Location: Bridgeport, Tx | Registered: 20 May 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
It’s a bolt on mount I have one for my merkel. Not super easy to find but they are out there

White Mountains Arizona

Posts: 2847 | Registered: 31 December 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Slider
posted Hide Post
I ended up calling JJ at Champlin Arms and he recommended I send the Double to him and he will mount a RMR for me. I needed some other work done anyway. Cool

One of Us
posted Hide Post
I second JJ. He did RMR mounts for my Heyms and I am quite happy.

Posts: 159 | Location: Dallas area | Registered: 07 October 2012Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of ledvm
posted Hide Post
JJ did mine on my .500 NE Merkel. Works great.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
J. Lane Easter, DVM

A born Texan has instilled in his system a mind-set of no retreat or no surrender. I wish everyone the world over had the dominating spirit that motivates Texans.– Billy Clayton, Speaker of the Texas House

No state commands such fierce pride and loyalty. Lesser mortals are pitied for their misfortune in not being born in Texas.— Queen Elizabeth II on her visit to Texas in May, 1991.

Posts: 36621 | Location: Gainesville, TX | Registered: 24 December 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Slider
posted Hide Post
I received my Double back and am very pleased with the results. I also had JJ re-regulate it with Federal Premium 570gr Hydro Solids.

one of us
posted Hide Post
Oh my God, please not on a double, Its criminal and against all thats holy! sofa

Ray Atkinson
Atkinson Hunting Adventures
10 Ward Lane,
Filer, Idaho, 83328
208-731-4120

rayatkinsonhunting@gmail.com

Posts: 41859 | Location: Twin Falls, Idaho | Registered: 04 June 2000Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Slider
posted Hide Post
Relax one Screw removes it.

one of us
posted Hide Post
ONe screw!! wow, that does not justify a sinful act ole chap! CRYBABY rotflmo

Ray Atkinson
Atkinson Hunting Adventures
10 Ward Lane,
Filer, Idaho, 83328
208-731-4120

rayatkinsonhunting@gmail.com

Posts: 41859 | Location: Twin Falls, Idaho | Registered: 04 June 2000Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Todd Williams
posted Hide Post
Slider, I had JJ put the RMR on my VC 500NE also. Used it on my recent buffalo hunt. Works great with my aging eyes.

As you said, one screw and it comes off, then returns to zero when you put it back on. It's the way to go!!

One of Us
Picture of 470Evans
posted Hide Post
I had JJ install one on my 470. The mounts grips the side of the rib and when the mount is off you would never know it was done.

I wish I had mine earlier.

Posts: 1309 | Location: Texas | Registered: 29 August 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Slider
posted Hide Post
I can't wait to put my Red Dot on an Ele!!!

One of Us
posted Hide Post
I'm with Ray .....

Posts: 1615 | Location: Vermont | Registered: 27 March 2006Reply With Quote