THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM DOUBLE RIFLES FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Rifles  Hop To Forums  Double Rifles    How many .600NE Double owners do we have here?
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

How many .600NE Double owners do we have here?
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of SAFARIKID
posted
I am now "Heavy" into the BIG Bores and wondering how many .600NE Double owners are here and what types do you own(Holland,Westley,Jeffery,etc) and your experiences with it on what game and how you like it?I have a 1915 Osborne and love it,taking it to Tanzania this October....Thanks!

"That's not a knife..THIS is a KNIFE" !

Posts: 6572 | Location: NEW ORLEANS / CAJUN COUNTRY!!! | Registered: 05 September 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of baboon
posted Hide Post
Euroguns has a Heym Jumbo Ivory Hunter in .600 N.E. due in in July.I am concdering it for a birthday present to myself.

Cry 'Havoc,' and let slip the dogs of war;
That this foul deed shall smell above the earth
With carrion men, groaning for burial.

Posts: 1107 | Location: Houston Texas | Registered: 06 March 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Hi Tom

Gow are you getting on with the Osborne, have you got a load figured out or are you sticking with the Kynoch?

My own .600 is slowly coming along, still a 15 plus month lead time, saw the barrels in the whoite at Trevor's workshop last week, weight with unfinished lumps is at 8 lbs so should have no problem getting the all up weight inot the 15 + lbs class, just carryig it will be the problem.

Any nearer with your Owen 4 bore yet?

Trevor Proctors web-site is now up and running, although still subkect to some final tweeking around.

Hope you are keeping well, look forward to your hunt report with the Osborne.

Regards

Jonathan

Posts: 342 | Location: York / U.K | Registered: 14 April 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of SAFARIKID
posted Hide Post
Hello Jonathan,Good to hear from you!Yes,120grs of RE15 does it right and she shoots 1 1/2" at 50yds,dead on!Also,just got a awesome Westley .577 and working on loads for it now.The 4 bore is but a few months away and after its done and played with,then off to the engraver.Its going to Tanzania in Oct with the .600 or the .577?(need a light gun,you know!) : )
Keep me posted on your .600,I am sure it will be worth the wait!....Safarikid

Posts: 6572 | Location: NEW ORLEANS / CAJUN COUNTRY!!! | Registered: 05 September 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of woodsracer
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by baboon:
Euroguns has a Heym Jumbo Ivory Hunter in .600 N.E. due in in July.I am concdering it for a birthday present to myself.

Phew!!!Eeker You go dude!!! clap

"They who would give up an essential Liberty for Temporary Security, deserves neither Liberty or Security." ---Benjamin Franklin

"SIC SEMPER TYRANNUS"

Posts: 693 | Location: Middle Tennessee | Registered: 16 October 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Don In Colorado
posted Hide Post
The relative absence of postings for this thread is enlightening in that I had read that not too many 600s were built in the early part of the 20th century, but with Heym manufacturing them currently and Searcy making them at least in the recent past (and possibly still now as a special order???) I would have thought that more folks might report having them.

Best of all he loved the Fall....

E. Hemingway

Posts: 198 | Location: Brighton, Michigan | Registered: 22 November 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of 577NitroExpress
posted Hide Post
I talk to Butch every couple of months. I think it was in Ealy November that he said he was building a .600 at that point. I have no idea how many he has built since he has been in business.

577NitroExpress
Double Rifle Shooters Society
Francotte .470 Nitro Express

If stupidity hurt, a lot of people would be walking around screaming...

Posts: 2789 | Location: Bucks County, Pennsylvania | Registered: 08 June 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post

I would lay a wager that Butch has built not more than 6 rifles in .600 NE. And I would lay a big wager that he has built no more than 10 of them.

For some perverse reason, there is more demand for .700 NE than for .600 NE.

Posts: 18352 | Location: Salt Lake City, Utah USA | Registered: 20 April 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of 577NitroExpress
posted Hide Post
500grains:

You are probably right. I know of only two: the one he was building when we spoke and the other for the Movie Jurassic Park.

I'll ask him how many the next time I'm on the phone with him.

577NitroExpress
Double Rifle Shooters Society
Francotte .470 Nitro Express

If stupidity hurt, a lot of people would be walking around screaming...

Posts: 2789 | Location: Bucks County, Pennsylvania | Registered: 08 June 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
so im a perverse bastard am i.......lol.......

i cant wait for my 505 to come in.......im still stuck on what im gonna do for a back up rifle.......

probably have searcy build me a 500 ne double ph.

or a another bolt action but in 458 lott built on a waffen hien action id much prefer a double that way i have one of each.

Posts: 2095 | Location: B.C | Registered: 31 January 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of SAFARIKID
posted Hide Post
Hey 700,Wondering what was up?My .600OK bolt is due very soon and the 4 Double in June! Got me a sweet 600dbl and a gorgeous 577dbl recently,luv em all!Alaska for Brown bear next month with the 500 Smith...When is Africa for you?...We are headed to Tanz in Oct...Sold the 700 to a great guy a few months back....

one of us
posted Hide Post
i call you tonight and we can chat for a bit.....

i just bought a new toy.....a chevy impala ss with the small block v8 303hp.

Posts: 2095 | Location: B.C | Registered: 31 January 2002Reply With Quote