THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM DOUBLE RIFLES FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Rifles  Hop To Forums  Double Rifles    NOT SAYING WHAT I'D LIKE TO IN MY 300th POST!!!
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

NOT SAYING WHAT I'D LIKE TO IN MY 300th POST!!!
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
I wish I could announce my own purchase of a BIG BORE DR right now in my 300th post, but mucho money is going toward college tuition for my 1st born.

I am sure you all support me in how I have PRIORITIZED things. Wink

Jack

OH GOD! {Seriously, we need the help.}

Posts: 2791 | Location: USA - East Coast | Registered: 10 December 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of ACRecurve
posted Hide Post
Priorities aren't always fun...keep the faith..you'll get you DR!

Good hunting,

Andy

-----------------------------
Thomas Jefferson: “To compel a man to furnish funds for the propagation of ideas he disbelieves and abhors is sinful and tyrannical.”

Posts: 6711 | Location: Oklahoma, USA | Registered: 14 March 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Been there. Done that. It WAS the right thing to do!

Congratulations on good sense and having you heart in the right place.

Mike

--------------
DRSS, Womper's Club, NRA Life Member/Charter Member NRA Golden Eagles ...
Knifemaker, http://www.mstarling.com

Posts: 6199 | Location: Charleston, WV | Registered: 31 August 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
A good education for your child is the absolutely the best investment you will ever make!

Geronimo

Posts: 816 | Location: Michigan | Registered: 14 April 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of MacD37
posted Hide Post
Family always comes first! However, don't fret, just look around and find a good 400, or 450 cal black powder double rifle to play with. They can be had for a fraction of the cost of a Nitro proofed rifle, and make very good deer rifles. I have a little Westley Richards hammerless ejector double rifle chambered for 500/450#1 Express that I only paid $2100 for, with it's fitted case, and brass and dies. So it can be done. you just have to do a lot of shopping, and hitting Gun shows! thumb beer

....Mac >>>===(x)===> MacD37, ...and DUGABOY1
DRSS Charter member
"If I die today, I've had a life well spent, for I've been to see the Elephant, and smelled the smoke of Africa!"~ME 1982

Hands of Old Elmer Keith

Posts: 14634 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: 08 June 2000Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of 577NitroExpress
posted Hide Post
BigFive:

You have your priorities in order. I too am in your boat with college savings for my 18 month old.

Glad I started with a life insurance policy and a 529 College savings plan when he was first born. For just $100 a month into my son's life insurance policy (with an investment vehicle), he'll have close to $80,000 by the time he finishes college. That and the $$$ we put into his 529 plan should cover most of the costs for his college.

That's the number one reason I haven't been to Africa nor am I planning on going anytime soon - priorities.

577NitroExpress
Double Rifle Shooters Society
Francotte .470 Nitro Express

If stupidity hurt, a lot of people would be walking around screaming...

Posts: 2789 | Location: Bucks County, Pennsylvania | Registered: 08 June 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Doc52
posted Hide Post
Jack,
Your doing the right thing my friend! Your turn will come, sooner than you think! Besides you can always shoot my Sons 500NE or my 577NE any time you want!
Hope to see you soon,

Doc52
B. Searcy & Co .577 NE
Double Rifle Shooters Society

"Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well armed lamb contesting the vote!"

Benjamin Franklin 1759

Posts: 241 | Location: Bucks County, Pennsylvania | Registered: 26 April 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of retreever
posted Hide Post
Jack, hang in there...many of us have had the same decisions to make...

Mike

Michael Podwika... DRSS bigbores and hunting www.pvt.co.za " MAKE THE SHOT " 450#2 Famars

Posts: 6767 | Location: Wyoming, Pa. USA | Registered: 17 April 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
cheers You guys are good for the spirit. Your generosity is tops. Keep the faith I shall. MacD37, wanna sell that black powder rifle? thumb

Jack

OH GOD! {Seriously, we need the help.}

Posts: 2791 | Location: USA - East Coast | Registered: 10 December 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Look at it this way, when you put your child through college and he/she gets that great job, he/she can buy you a double. cheers Big Grin

Cory

Still saving up for a .500NE double rifle(Searcy of course)

Posts: 189 | Location: Southern Maryland | Registered: 10 October 2005Reply With Quote