THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM DOUBLE RIFLES FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Rifles  Hop To Forums  Double Rifles    Photos of new large action 470NE Verney Carron with 25" barrels
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Photos of new large action 470NE Verney Carron with 25" barrels
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of ozhunter
posted

Posts: 5886 | Location: Sydney,Australia  | Registered: 03 July 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of MJines
posted Hide Post
Very nice. Time to go make some memories with it.

Mike

Posts: 21719 | Registered: 03 January 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of fla3006
posted Hide Post
excellent !

NRA Life Member, Band of Bubbas Charter Member, PGCA, DRSS.
Shoot & hunt with vintage classics.

Posts: 9487 | Location: Texas Hill Country | Registered: 11 January 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Very nice!

Posts: 20165 | Location: Very NW NJ up in the Mountains | Registered: 14 June 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Purty!

Posts: 4214 | Location: Southern Colorado | Registered: 09 October 2011Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Chris Lozano
posted Hide Post
Adam
Good looking rifle.
Heading back to Moz to get it broke in??

Posts: 761 | Location: Michigan USA | Registered: 27 September 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Todd Williams
posted Hide Post
Nice!

One of Us
Picture of ozhunter
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Chris Lozano:
Adam
Good looking rifle.
Heading back to Moz to get it broke in??

Cheers guys,
Would love to head back to Moz soon but more likely it will first be used as a guide gun in the Northern Territory.

Posts: 5886 | Location: Sydney,Australia  | Registered: 03 July 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Great looking rifle..Congrats

Posts: 11636 | Location: Wisconsin  | Registered: 13 February 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Nice rifle.How many doubles do you own now and what chamberings? Is the larger action better in any way?

Posts: 11651 | Location: Montreal | Registered: 07 November 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of ozhunter
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by shootaway:
Nice rifle.How many doubles do you own now and what chamberings? Is the larger action better in any way?

Not nearly enough.
Imo,The Large action gives more strength, better central balance and allowed for more taper in fore stock.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Looks great! Congratulations.

DRSS

Posts: 1975 | Location: Australia | Registered: 25 December 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Rusty
posted Hide Post
Beautiful!

Rusty
We Band of Brothers!
DRSS, NRA & SCI Life Member

"I am rejoiced at my fate. Do not be uneasy about me, for I am with my friends."
----- David Crockett in his last letter (to his children), January 9th, 1836
"I will never forsake Texas and her cause. I am her son." ----- Jose Antonio Navarro, from Mexican Prison in 1841
"for I have sworn upon the altar of god eternal hostility against every form of tyranny over the mind of man." Thomas Jefferson
Declaration of Arbroath April 6, 1320-“. . .It is not for glory, nor riches, nor honours that we are fighting, but for freedom - for that alone, which no honest man gives up but with life itself.”

Posts: 9797 | Location: Missouri City, Texas | Registered: 21 June 2000Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Absolutely supurb!!! Congrats on a gorgeous rifle!!

DRSS

Posts: 1168 | Location: Pamplico, SC USA | Registered: 24 August 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Adam,
Looking good mate. Love to see and compare with my VC's.
Let me know when it arrives and we'll hook up for a shot!!!

Cheers

Nick

Posts: 665 | Location: EU | Registered: 05 September 2010Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Lovely looking rifle.

Congratulations.

Cheers, Chris

DRSS

Posts: 1975 | Location: Australia | Registered: 25 December 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of ozhunter
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by nickh:
Adam,
Looking good mate. Love to see and compare with my VC's.
Let me know when it arrives and we'll hook up for a shot!!!

Cheers

Nick

Hey Nick, how about a VC Banteng/ Buff hunt?

One of Us
Picture of Nakihunter
posted Hide Post
Well done Adam!

"When the wind stops....start rowing. When the wind starts, get the sail up quick."

Posts: 11245 | Location: New Zealand | Registered: 02 July 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
A beautiful piece of work. May it make you many fond memories

Tim

one of us
posted Hide Post
How does it shoot?

Posts: 11651 | Location: Montreal | Registered: 07 November 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of fla3006
posted Hide Post
quote:
ozhunter: The Large action gives more strength, better central balance and allowed for more taper in fore stock.
Good points, VCs are looking more & more like classic British doubles.

NRA Life Member, Band of Bubbas Charter Member, PGCA, DRSS.
Shoot & hunt with vintage classics.

Posts: 9487 | Location: Texas Hill Country | Registered: 11 January 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
THAT is a gorgeous rifle my friend. Excellent choice!

Gary

Posts: 1970 | Location: NE Georgia, USA | Registered: 21 March 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of ozhunter
posted Hide Post
quote:
How does it shoot?

Will recive this one as a late Christmas present but if it is as accurate as my last VC 470NE the I will be very happy .

One of Us
Picture of ExpressYourself
posted Hide Post
Congrats on the nice looking new double Adam. I hope it serves you well! What barrel length did you decide upon for this .470?

Best always,
Shawn

Shawn Joyce
Diizche Safari Adventures
P.O. Box 1445
Lincoln, CA 95648
E-mail: shawn.joyce@diizchesafariadventures.net
Cell: (916) 804-3318

Shoot Straight, Live the Dream, and Keep Turning the Pages to Your Next Adventure!™
Website- www.DiizcheSafariAdventures.com
Blog- http://diizchesafari.blogspot.com/
Twitter- http://twitter.com/DiizcheSafari
YouTube- http://www.youtube.com/user/shawncjoyce
Facebook- http://on.fb.me/gYytdn
Instagram: diizchesafari_official

Posts: 874 | Location: Northern CA | Registered: 24 January 2010Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of ozhunter
posted Hide Post
First test run with quick off hand shots at 60m producing expected results. As expected the rear leaf requires filing down from the @6 o'clock sighting"

one of us
posted Hide Post
A higher front sight will not do? Do you plan on taking it to Africa soon if so to hunt what?

One of Us
Picture of ozhunter
posted Hide Post
quote:
A higher front sight will not do? Do you plan on taking it to Africa soon if so to hunt what?

I like the standard Recknagel fixed beed with flip up night beed and they do not come in different heights. Filling 1mm off the V is symple.
This season I will head up to the Northern Territory again.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Good going Adam tu2

A little bit of filing on the rear sight and all shall be good mate, my VC 500 shot the same, they like the 6 o'clock hold thing at the factory.

I did insist on my 600 to shoot dead on point of aim at 50mtrs , and they did deliver it as promised.

Looking forward to seeing/shooting her!! Particularly like the splinter forend , there best effort yet!!!

Cheers

Nick

Posts: 665 | Location: EU | Registered: 05 September 2010Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
As much as I like vintages English doublerifle these VCs are becomming more and more attractive.

DRSS: HQ Scandinavia. Chapters in Sweden & Norway

Posts: 2805 | Location: Denmark | Registered: 09 June 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
+1

Posts: 3974 | Location: Vell, I yust dont know.. | Registered: 27 March 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of ozhunter
posted Hide Post
Here is the 600 action compared to the standard 470 size;

Weighs 11lbs with interceptimg Sears

One of Us
Picture of fairgame
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ozhunter:
quote:

I like the standard Recknagel fixed beed with flip up night beed and they do not come in different heights. Filling 1mm off the V is symple.

Oz,

Are using centre of bead as point of aim or top of bead?

ROYAL KAFUE LTD
Email - kafueroyal@gmail.com
Tel/Whatsapp (00260) 975315144
Instagram - kafueroyal

Posts: 9982 | Location: Zambia | Registered: 10 April 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of ozhunter
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by fairgame:
quote:
quote:

Oz,

Are using centre of bead as point of aim or top of bead?

Bead on the target is my sight picture (less to think about when other thoughts are more important) Wink

One of Us
Picture of cal pappas
posted Hide Post
That rifle is so damn beautiful it should be a Playboy centerfold. After all, the best things come in twos.
Cal

Cal Pappas, Willow, Alaska
www.CalPappas.com
www.CalPappas.blogspot.com
1994 Zimbabwe
1997 Zimbabwe
1998 Zimbabwe
1999 Zimbabwe
1999 Namibia, Botswana, Zambia--vacation
2000 Australia
2002 South Africa
2003 South Africa
2003 Zimbabwe
2005 South Africa
2005 Zimbabwe
2006 Tanzania
2006 Zimbabwe--vacation
2007 Zimbabwe--vacation
2008 Zimbabwe
2012 Australia
2013 South Africa
2013 Zimbabwe
2013 Australia
2016 Zimbabwe
2017 Zimbabwe
2018 South Africa
2018 Zimbabwe--vacation
2019 South Africa
2019 Botswana
2019 Zimbabwe vacation
2021 South Africa
2021 South Africa (2nd hunt a month later)

Posts: 7281 | Location: Willow, Alaska | Registered: 29 June 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of sambarman338
posted Hide Post
Whatever the difference in ultimate quality, I think VC pips the opposition on style.

Posts: 5111 | Location: Melbourne, Australia | Registered: 31 March 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:

very nice rifle . how does the large action compare weight wise etc with the round body, or is there not much difference?

Posts: 81 | Location: uk and zambia | Registered: 27 December 2015Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of ozhunter
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by spike

very nice rifle . how does the large action compare weight wise etc with the round body, or is there not much difference?[/QUOTE]

This one weighs 11LBS with the addition of intercepting Sears

One of Us
Picture of ozhunter
posted Hide Post
Shooting the double;

A good average "off hand" group at 50m.
One flyer, two hand loads high ,a couple of Hornady factory loads and a coue hand loaded cup point on the mark. tu2
Note; this rifle was regulated with Norma but shoots well with Hornady which has a velocity of around 2050fps

One of Us
Picture of ozhunter
posted Hide Post
More 40m off hand quick 1 2

s

One of Us
Picture of DCS Member
posted Hide Post
I love how the fore end is slimmer and like a splinter. Such a beautiful gun. If I didn't see above, how long was the wait?

I meant to be DSC Member...bad typing skills.

Marcus Cady

DRSS

Posts: 3458 | Location: Dallas | Registered: 19 March 2008Reply With Quote