Find
Notify
Tools

First time
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of PoppaW
posted
Well I shot a double today. It was my new to me very little used Baikal in 30-06. The sights have been upgraded to a brass bead front and shallow V rear. It shot straight enough to inspire confidence but the gun kicked pretty hard.( for a 30-06) I think it needs the comb taken down a bit and a new recoil pad. It has a 14" LOP but feels short. I have a calf moose draw open now and may bring this along to see how it handles in the bush.
I can see this leading to more doubles as it's a very fun gun to shoot.

WOODY
Everyone is allowed an opinion, even if its wrong.

Posts: 419 | Location: Alberta, Canada | Registered: 10 May 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Hmmm Scruffy sold one and you bought one! Congratulations to the both of you, I was tempted to buy it too but decided not to with everything going on around me lately.

cheers

One of Us
Picture of PoppaW
posted Hide Post
Yes this was Scruffy's

WOODY

Posts: 419 | Location: Alberta, Canada | Registered: 10 May 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Congratulations Woody,
I don't know what your LOP is on a bolt rifle but my LOP on a bolt rifle is 14 + inches and with the drop in the comb etc. on my shotguns and DR's my LOP is over 15 inches so you might need to increase LOP just put a slip on pad over what you have and see if it works. After you lengthen the LOP you will naturally lower the comb some.

"An individual with experience is never at the mercies of an individual with an argument"

Posts: 1827 | Location: Palmer AK & Prescott Valley AZ | Registered: 01 February 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of PoppaW
posted Hide Post
I was going to lengthen it with a new pad. I will try the slip on first. Easy to see how it works.

WOODY