THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM DOUBLE RIFLES FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Rifles  Hop To Forums  Double Rifles    Southern side by side shoot North Carolina
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Southern side by side shoot North Carolina
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of retreever
posted
Boy did we do some shooting.
A 450 3.25in. Verney Carron was loaded to us for use and Hornady supplied the ammo. What a fine shooting double.
We had around 20 to 30 doubles in attendance throughout the 3 day event. I have to admit I shot well. The hit of the event was the big Bwana Moja buf target.
AR members from Pa., Canada, North Carolina, Virginia, and Maryland were there and friends also came with some outstanding Vintage Black Powder Doubles. Two H&H Royal 500 and 500/450 and I have to admit they still shoot right on target where you aim.

Michael Podwika... DRSS bigbores and hunting www.pvt.co.za " MAKE THE SHOT " 450#2 Famars

Posts: 6768 | Location: Wyoming, Pa. USA | Registered: 17 April 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Great stuff Mike and Company,

I can smell the gunpowder. Thanks for posting. It looks like everyone had a great time I had a business trip planned to NC but had to change at the last minute...there is always next year.

Paul

"Diligentia - Vis - Celeritas"
NRA Benefactor Member
Member DRSS

Posts: 1026 | Location: Southeastern PA, USA | Registered: 14 February 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Hog Killer
posted Hide Post
Muke, ;ooks ;ole a feal fun shoot.

WOW, two "herds" of tuskless ele DWJs, (5 gal). rotflmo

Keith

IGNORE YOUR RIGHTS AND THEY'LL GO AWAY!!!
------------------------------------
We Band of Bubbas & STC Hunting Club, The Whomper Club

Posts: 4553 | Location: Walker Co.,Texas | Registered: 05 September 2003Reply With Quote
Picture of jeffeosso
posted Hide Post
Looks like a GREAT time ..
Wow, Keith -- your backyard started all this DWJ blasting!

opinions vary band of bubbas and STC hunting Club

Information on Ammoguide about
the416AR, 458AR, 470AR, 500AR
What is an AR round? Case Drawings 416-458-470AR and 500AR.
476AR,
http://www.weaponsmith.com

Posts: 39679 | Location: Conroe, TX | Registered: 01 June 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Mike,
You forgot to mention that on Saturday we had THREE .450 #2 NE's in attendance, mine, yours, and I disremember the other owner. It doesn't get any better than that, except when we blew up the three jugs with them at the same instant!

Posts: 386 | Location: Oshawa, Ontario, Canada | Registered: 01 February 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of DoubleDon
posted Hide Post
Ron
How can you forget me so soon. Wink I had what became the .450 No.3(?) and you shot my .577 Nitro. Don

Deo Vindice,

Don

Sons of Confederate Veterans Black Horse Camp #780

Posts: 1706 | Location: Virginia | Registered: 01 February 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Don, I certainly did not forget YOU, I just forgot who owned that third .450 #2. It was either a "senior citizen's moment" or a "brain fart", or both. And thanks again for the oportunity to shoot your .577 NE, a lovely rifle and an absolute "pussycat" to shoot. I could have fired 20/30 rounds easily the felt recoil was so low. After firing my .303 British, my .450 #2 NE, and your .577 NE, my friend Claudio is hooked. He has the bug! I won't say more than that about it as I don't want to spoil his surprise.

Posts: 386 | Location: Oshawa, Ontario, Canada | Registered: 01 February 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of retreever
posted Hide Post
No guys ours were larger then yours by three gallons Eeker
It was a hoot and showing new guys how to shoot and control a double and leaving the range with a good feeling, maybe even go home and purchase a double.
Bwana Moja that buf target is a hoot, love it, and thank you.
Mike

Michael Podwika... DRSS bigbores and hunting www.pvt.co.za " MAKE THE SHOT " 450#2 Famars

Posts: 6768 | Location: Wyoming, Pa. USA | Registered: 17 April 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
How did I miss this ... Frowner

And DSC, and .... life on the road just plain @#$$ some days.

Best Regards,
Sid

All those who seek to destroy the liberties of a democratic nation ought to know that war is the surest and shortest means to accomplish it.
Alexis de Tocqueville

The American Republic will endure until the day Congress discovers that it can bribe the public with the public's money.
Alexis de Tocqueville

Posts: 602 | Location: East Texas, USA | Registered: 16 June 2008Reply With Quote