THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM DOUBLE RIFLES FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Rifles  Hop To Forums  Double Rifles    Issues with Kreighoff double rilfes?
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Issues with Kreighoff double rilfes?
 Login/Join

one of us
posted Hide Post
They seem to be well made, I have not owned one but I have shot more than a few of them without any hangups.

My only complaint is personal in that they don't feel right in my hands, they don't balance for me, the action seems too long and the stock too straight and I can't abide the safety set up..

Apparantly this does not seem to effect others.

Ray Atkinson
Atkinson Hunting Adventures
10 Ward Lane,
Filer, Idaho, 83328
208-731-4120

rayatkinsonhunting@gmail.com

Posts: 42176 | Location: Twin Falls, Idaho | Registered: 04 June 2000Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
When I was a university student in Germany in 1970 I ordered a double rifle from Krieghoff. Of course at the time Krieghoff made only over and under models, but they did build me a .458 Winchester Magnum, stocked to my dimensions, with interchangeable barrels in .375 H&H and 20 gauge 3" magnum.

The rifle was built on the same action used by Krieghoff for their shotguns and combination guns, not the one used for the K32 competition shotgun, which was based on the Remington Model 32. It was built on a 16 gauge action, since Krieghoff at the time offered no hunting guns in 12 gauge.

The double under lug, Kersten cross bolt action is exceedingly strong and is still as tight as when it was first delivered. The ejectors can be disabled by removing two coil springs, a task requiring only a screwdriver and a few minutes. I prefer to use it with a low power scope.

This was my suitcase gun for African hunting and I took it with me on each of my hunts. I took elephant and Cape buffalo with it using the .458 barrels and lion, leopard, greater and lesser kudu and eland using the .375 barrels. I used the shot barrels for sand grouse, guinea fowl and teal.

When Krieghoff first offered their side-by side African model .500 NE, I asked them to make me a barrel set in that caliber, using another larger 12 gauge action, but for reasons best known to themselves they demurred.

one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by xausa:
When I was a university student in Germany in 1970 I ordered a double rifle from Krieghoff. Of course at the time Krieghoff made only over and under models, but they did build me a .458 Winchester Magnum, stocked to my dimensions, with interchangeable barrels in .375 H&H and 20 gauge 3" magnum.

The rifle was built on the same action used by Krieghoff for their shotguns and combination guns, not the one used for the K32 competition shotgun, which was based on the Remington Model 32. It was built on a 16 gauge action, since Krieghoff at the time offered no hunting guns in 12 gauge.

The double under lug, Kersten cross bolt action is exceedingly strong and is still as tight as when it was first delivered. The ejectors can be disabled by removing two coil springs, a task requiring only a screwdriver and a few minutes. I prefer to use it with a low power scope.

This was my suitcase gun for African hunting and I took it with me on each of my hunts. I took elephant and Cape buffalo with it using the .458 barrels and lion, leopard, greater and lesser kudu and eland using the .375 barrels. I used the shot barrels for sand grouse, guinea fowl and teal.

When Krieghoff first offered their side-by side African model .500 NE, I asked them to make me a barrel set in that caliber, using another larger 12 gauge action, but for reasons best known to themselves they demurred.

xa,

That is a handsome looking rifle and an even better looking bull!

One of Us
posted Hide Post
I like the o/u and the old scope (Kahles?)!

Posts: 701 | Location: Germany | Registered: 24 February 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
The scope is a Lyman All American Perma Center 2 1/2X.