THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM DOUBLE RIFLES FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Rifles  Hop To Forums  Double Rifles    Searcy Field Grade has been upgraded
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Searcy Field Grade has been upgraded
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Very nice !!!
LH setup available?

Bob

DRSS
DSC
SCI
NRA & ISRA

Posts: 551 | Location: Northern Illinois,US | Registered: 13 May 2010Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Brad aka Pill Shooter
posted Hide Post
Butch:

Great news! I am happy to see that you are have resumed production. This is an excellent rifle and for someone like myself the only afforable HIGH quaility double within reach. I'm very pleased with my 450-400. I don't think most people understand what a deal your rifle is when compared to what's out there as far as newer guns under 20k. Someday I hope to afford another but that will most likely be a while. Keep up the great work and excellent customer service.

Brad Smiler

Posts: 619 | Location: Sherwood, Oregon USA | Registered: 07 August 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of CCMDoc
posted Hide Post
WOW!
Great deal - I'd love to own one!

NRA Lifer; DSC Lifer; SCI member; DRSS; AR member since November 9 2003

Don't Save the best for last, the smile for later or the "Thanks" for tomorow

Posts: 3460 | Location: In the Shadow of Griffin&Howe | Registered: 24 November 2007Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Butch,

A like your upgrade option, it looks very nice. Question, what is the purpose of the screw that is visible at the forward top part of the rear stock just under the top lever?

It looks like it might be a trigger hinge pin?

Greg

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Greg, It's there to reinforce the stock, nothing more.
Bob, left or right, no price change for either.

one of us
posted Hide Post
Thanks Butch so it's like a cross bolt then?

One of Us
Picture of McKay
posted Hide Post
Butch do you use a different action on the classic from the field grade? Just wondering why the need for the crossbolt on the field grade and not on the classic?
Thanks
Mac

Mac

Posts: 1725 | Location: Salt Lake City, UT | Registered: 01 February 2007Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of MacD37
posted Hide Post
That is a classy little rifle Butch! I looked Roskoe's rifle over down at The 4K ranch DRSS get together, and was pleasently impressed! tu2

....Mac >>>===(x)===> MacD37, ...and DUGABOY1
DRSS Charter member
"If I die today, I've had a life well spent, for I've been to see the Elephant, and smelled the smoke of Africa!"~ME 1982

Hands of Old Elmer Keith

Posts: 14634 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: 08 June 2000Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of ROSCOE
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by MacD37:
That is a classy little rifle Butch! I looked Roskoe's rifle over down at The 4K ranch DRSS get together, and was pleasently impressed! tu2

Notice he says he looked at it.....I would not let Mac put his hands on my rifle due to that wood rasp comment on another thread!
Big Grin

R. Lee Ermey: "The deadliest weapon in the world is a Marine and his rifle."
We're going to be "gifted" with a health care plan we are forced to purchase and fined if we don't, Which purportedly covers at least ten million more people, without adding a single new doctor, but provides for 16,000 new IRS agents, written by a committee whose chairman says he doesn't understand it, passed by a Congress that didn't read it but exempted themselves from it, and signed by a President, with funding administered by a treasury chief who didn't pay his taxes, for which we'll be taxed for four years before any benefits take effect, by a government which has already bankrupted Social Security and Medicare, all to be overseen by a surgeon general who is obese, and financed by a country that's broke!!!!! 'What the hell could possibly go wrong?'

Posts: 2122 | Location: Arkansas | Registered: 03 June 2000Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of MacD37
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ROSCOE:
quote:
Originally posted by MacD37:

Notice he says he looked at it.....I would not let Mac put his hands on my rifle due to that wood rasp comment on another thread!
Big Grin

Butch rarely makes a mistake on his rifles, but If he had put the cheek piece on the proper side of the stock the wood rasp wouldn't be needed! old

....Mac >>>===(x)===> MacD37, ...and DUGABOY1
DRSS Charter member
"If I die today, I've had a life well spent, for I've been to see the Elephant, and smelled the smoke of Africa!"~ME 1982

Hands of Old Elmer Keith

Posts: 14634 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: 08 June 2000Reply With Quote