Notify
Tools

GRANDDAUGHTERS RAFFLE
 Login/Join

one of us
posted Hide Post
I am sending a check this evening.
Art S.

Posts: 1233 | Location: Lexington, Kentucky, USA | Registered: 04 February 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of ramrod340
posted Hide Post
quote:
As of Sept. 4 we have received 38 tickets. Just a reminder, one guy sent a $100.00 check. You will get your ticket as soon as you send an additional $50.00. Also do not forget to include your address so we can send you a ticket.

homer That be me. I sent you a PM. For some reason my mind was seeing 150 tickets at 100. Must be old age. The other $50 went in the mail last weekend. There was an address on both of the enclosed letters. Confused

As usual just my $.02
Paul K

Posts: 12881 | Location: Mexico, MO | Registered: 02 April 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
You got one inbound from Guam.

"Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life." Terry Pratchett.

Posts: 3507 | Location: Wyoming | Registered: 25 February 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
As of the end of Sept. 2 the booster club has received 58 ticket sales.
Also just to let you know. My services are donated as well.

One of Us
Picture of CCMDoc
posted Hide Post
You're a good man, Butch.

Can you tell us a little about the B.Y.A.B. and what they have done or are involved with doing?

Thank you again for the opportunity to support our future and our children as well as for the opportunity to have a pice of your craftmanship.

Sincerely,
Paul

NRA Lifer; DSC Lifer; SCI member; DRSS; AR member since November 9 2003

Don't Save the best for last, the smile for later or the "Thanks" for tomorow

Posts: 3460 | Location: In the Shadow of Griffin&Howe | Registered: 24 November 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
CCMDoc,
A couple of years ago some parents of football players wanted to donate money to the football team. The principle informed them that the money would be put in a general fund and used as he deamed fit.
This didn't sit well with the parents so they formed an independent parents booster club to help the teams they wanted to help without school bureaucracy interferring.
The girls softball team won there league and had 5 freshmen playing first team last year. The uniforms are six years old and allot has come up missing and the ones they have arn't in good shape. The buget this year is terrible for the girls.

By the way the last raffle for my grandaughers travel ball team (Xplosion) allowed them to compete in the Triple Crown World Series and they came in 9th out of 80 teams.

Thank all of you that has participated

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Sports are good for kids. This is a good cause.

Posts: 11995 | Location: Orlando, FL | Registered: 26 January 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Fjold
posted Hide Post
I received my raffle ticket in the mail today.

Frank

"I don't know what there is about buffalo that frightens me so.....He looks like he hates you personally. He looks like you owe him money."
- Robert Ruark, Horn of the Hunter, 1953

NRA Life, SAF Life, CRPA Life, DRSS lite

Posts: 12552 | Location: Kentucky, USA | Registered: 30 December 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Butch, just wondering if the current raffle has any more room for another contestant?

Posts: 98 | Location: NW Missouri | Registered: 26 June 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Are their any tickets left. If so will get a check in the mail tomorrow.

Posts: 555 | Location: the Mississippi Delta | Registered: 05 October 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
There's about 38 left. I'll check with Melissa and post the exact # this afternoon.
I've picked out a nice piece of Turkish walnut for the rifle and will try and post it later. If I can't, Rusty I know can do it for me.
searcy@ccis.com

one of us
posted Hide Post
Check sent.

Posts: 1051 | Registered: 02 November 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of nitro450exp
posted Hide Post
Butch

Got my ticket in the mail today.

Thanks
Graeme

"Man is a predator or at least those of us that kill and eat our own meat are. The rest are scavengers, eating what others kill for them." Hugh Randall
DRSS, BASA
470 Krieghoff, 45-70 inserts, 12 ga paradox, 20 ga DR Simson/Schimmel, 12 ga DR O/U Famars, 12 ga DR SXS Greener

Posts: 813 | Location: USA / RSA | Registered: 14 January 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Got my winning ticket today Big Grin

Posts: 243 | Location: Kansas | Registered: 06 December 2008Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of MacD37
posted Hide Post
Got mine today as well!

....Mac >>>===(x)===> MacD37, ...and DUGABOY1
DRSS Charter member
"If I die today, I've had a life well spent, for I've been to see the Elephant, and smelled the smoke of Africa!"~ME 1982

Hands of Old Elmer Keith

Posts: 14634 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: 08 June 2000Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I got mine today also.

Thanks.

Posts: 41786 | Location: Crosby and Barksdale, Texas | Registered: 18 September 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
My ticket arrived today. It smelled like....victory.

Posts: 1978 | Location: South Dakota | Registered: 22 August 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of nitro450exp
posted Hide Post
Sorry Fella's

Got to inform you, since I have the winning ticket that you may as well just send them to me for scrap Big Grin dancing

Nitro

"Man is a predator or at least those of us that kill and eat our own meat are. The rest are scavengers, eating what others kill for them." Hugh Randall
DRSS, BASA
470 Krieghoff, 45-70 inserts, 12 ga paradox, 20 ga DR Simson/Schimmel, 12 ga DR O/U Famars, 12 ga DR SXS Greener

One of Us
Picture of Oday450
posted Hide Post
Letter dropped at the Post Office last night.

"Cleverly disguised as a responsible adult."

Posts: 1313 | Location: The People's Republic of Maryland, USA | Registered: 05 August 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Butch,

I mailed my check today. Good luck with the team. Mike

JP Sauer Drilling 12x12x9.3x72
David Murray Scottish Hammer 12 Bore
Alex Henry 500/450 Double Rifle
Steyr Classic Mannlicher Fullstock 6.5x55
Steyr Classic Mannlicher Fullstock .30-06
Walther PPQ H2 9mm
Walther PPS M2
Cogswell & Harrison Hammer 12 Bore Damascus
And Too Many More

Posts: 1857 | Location: Chattanooga, TN | Registered: 10 August 2010Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of CCMDoc
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by nitro450exp:
Sorry Fella's

Got to inform you, since I have the winning ticket that you may as well just send them to me for scrap Big Grin dancing

Nitro

Oh darn ...

I will send you my ticket right after I pick up my new Classic Double that I win from Butch.

Posts: 3460 | Location: In the Shadow of Griffin&Howe | Registered: 24 November 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of nitro450exp
posted Hide Post
CCMDoc

Since you have offred to hand deliver my new rifle to me, I will get the stock dimension off the you right away. Cool

Is your delivery service free ?

Nitro

DRSS, BASA

One of Us
Picture of CCMDoc
posted Hide Post
quote:
CCMDoc

Since you have offred to hand deliver my new rifle to me, I will get the stock dimension off the you right away. Cool

Nitro

Strangely enough, your stock dimensions are EXACTLY the same as my own - which will be determined tomorrow between 1 and 3PM at the Griffin & Howe Farm. tu2

quote:
Is your delivery service free ?

Nitro

Of course it is free. Seeing that I will be holding, shooting, hunting with that rifle it would be silly for me to charge myself a delivery fee every time I take it out and put it back into my safe! Wink

one of us
Picture of Fjold
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Butch Searcy:
There's about 38 left. I'll check with Melissa and post the exact # this afternoon.
I've picked out a nice piece of Turkish walnut for the rifle and will try and post it later. If I can't, Rusty I know can do it for me.
searcy@ccis.com

Butch, you can start building that left handed stock.

Frank

"I don't know what there is about buffalo that frightens me so.....He looks like he hates you personally. He looks like you owe him money."
- Robert Ruark, Horn of the Hunter, 1953

NRA Life, SAF Life, CRPA Life, DRSS lite

Posts: 12552 | Location: Kentucky, USA | Registered: 30 December 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
got my ticket Big Grin Butch tell your grand daughter thank you for me Big Grin

Posts: 3818 | Location: kenya, tanzania,RSA,Uganda or Ethophia depending on day of the week | Registered: 27 May 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Vanderhoef
posted Hide Post
Just put my check in the mail!
Hope there's a ticket left...

Thanks Butch!!

Regards,
Scott

"....but to protest against all hunting of game is a sign of softness of head, not of soundness of heart."
Theodore Roosevelt

Posts: 466 | Location: Just west of Cleo, TX | Registered: 20 February 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Rusty
posted Hide Post
Got my ticket yesterday!

Rusty
We Band of Brothers!
DRSS, NRA & SCI Life Member

"I am rejoiced at my fate. Do not be uneasy about me, for I am with my friends."
----- David Crockett in his last letter (to his children), January 9th, 1836
"I will never forsake Texas and her cause. I am her son." ----- Jose Antonio Navarro, from Mexican Prison in 1841
"for I have sworn upon the altar of god eternal hostility against every form of tyranny over the mind of man." Thomas Jefferson
Declaration of Arbroath April 6, 1320-“. . .It is not for glory, nor riches, nor honours that we are fighting, but for freedom - for that alone, which no honest man gives up but with life itself.”

Posts: 9797 | Location: Missouri City, Texas | Registered: 21 June 2000Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of nitro450exp
posted Hide Post
Butch

Looking for latest sales figures.
Please update when you get a chance.

Nitro

DRSS, BASA

One of Us
posted Hide Post
65 tickets have been sold to date.

Picture of jeffeosso
posted Hide Post
i'll fly up for the fitting -- can we go ahead and get started on my 550 flanged?

#dumptrump

opinions vary band of bubbas and STC hunting Club

Information on Ammoguide about
the416AR, 458AR, 470AR, 500AR
What is an AR round? Case Drawings 416-458-470AR and 500AR.
476AR,
http://www.weaponsmith.com

Posts: 38513 | Location: Conroe, TX | Registered: 01 June 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of CCMDoc
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jeffeosso:
i'll fly up for the fitting -- can we go ahead and get started on my 550 flanged?

Now now Jeffe,

No need to fly up just to watch Butch fit my new double to me. Besides, I just had G&H do my fitting yesterday so I need only send Butch the form. I appreciate your willingness to cheer me on, though Big Grin

One of Us
Picture of Vanderhoef
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Butch Searcy:
65 tickets have been sold to date.

Make that 66 Big Grin

"....but to protest against all hunting of game is a sign of softness of head, not of soundness of heart."
Theodore Roosevelt

Posts: 466 | Location: Just west of Cleo, TX | Registered: 20 February 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Butch
Would there be any issue with any of us Canadians buying a ticket on such a fine rifle?

I am aware of some of the paperwork BS involved to get a firearm into Canada, but I'd gladly put up with it, should I be holding the lucky ticket.

Posts: 132 | Location: Fort Nelson, BC | Registered: 19 November 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
wsquared,
no problem with anyone buying as long as the winner pays for the shipping, insurance,and export cost.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
A USD $150 money order will be heading your way shortly.

Posts: 132 | Location: Fort Nelson, BC | Registered: 19 November 2005Reply With Quote
Picture of jeffeosso
posted Hide Post
check is in the mail!

#dumptrump

opinions vary band of bubbas and STC hunting Club

Information on Ammoguide about
the416AR, 458AR, 470AR, 500AR
What is an AR round? Case Drawings 416-458-470AR and 500AR.
476AR,
http://www.weaponsmith.com

Posts: 38513 | Location: Conroe, TX | Registered: 01 June 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Butch could you tell me how the draw will be conducted?

thanks

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Received ticket. Hope that I may change that .470 NE to a 450/400 if I should be so lucky as to win.

Go Cowboys whoop them Bears

Posts: 6725 | Location: central Texas | Registered: 05 August 2010Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Rusty
posted Hide Post
I just hope we don't shoot ourselves in the foot like we did last Sunday. Gonna be a long season if we do.

Rusty
We Band of Brothers!
DRSS, NRA & SCI Life Member

"I am rejoiced at my fate. Do not be uneasy about me, for I am with my friends."
----- David Crockett in his last letter (to his children), January 9th, 1836
"I will never forsake Texas and her cause. I am her son." ----- Jose Antonio Navarro, from Mexican Prison in 1841
"for I have sworn upon the altar of god eternal hostility against every form of tyranny over the mind of man." Thomas Jefferson
Declaration of Arbroath April 6, 1320-“. . .It is not for glory, nor riches, nor honours that we are fighting, but for freedom - for that alone, which no honest man gives up but with life itself.”

Posts: 9797 | Location: Missouri City, Texas | Registered: 21 June 2000Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
The REAL winning ticket arrived at my house yesterday. I want to thank everybody for participating. Wink