New
Find
Notify
Tools

Triple anyone?.......
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
made by Mathelon (French, not currently being imported), on gunbroker.......9.3x74R

xxxxxxxxxx
When considering US based operations of guides/outfitters, check and see if they are NRA members. If not, why support someone who doesn't support us? Consider spending your money elsewhere.

NEVER, EVER book a hunt with BLAIR WORLDWIDE HUNTING or JEFF BLAIR.

I have come to understand that in hunting, the goal is not the goal but the process.

Posts: 17099 | Location: Texas USA | Registered: 07 May 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Seems to be quite light for a triple.
Peter.

Be without fear in the face of your enemies. Be brave and upright, that God may love thee. Speak the truth always, even if it leads to your death. Safeguard the helpless and do no wrong;

Posts: 10515 | Location: Jacksonville, Florida | Registered: 09 January 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
If you went to GB and looked it up, you know as much about it as I do........here is Mathelon's site.....unfortunately the "English" link doesn't appear to work so it is in French, and, as far as I can tell, there are no prices listed. However, it looks like a quality operation. their site

xxxxxxxxxx
When considering US based operations of guides/outfitters, check and see if they are NRA members. If not, why support someone who doesn't support us? Consider spending your money elsewhere.

I have come to understand that in hunting, the goal is not the goal but the process.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
I am the current importer, if you have any questions I will try and answer them.
ken@kebcollc.com

Ken

DRSS, PP Chapter
Life NRA
Life SCI
Life DSC

Posts: 1327 | Location: PA | Registered: 06 August 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Ken:

That's interesting. Can you import a Manurhin M73 revolver?

The most obvious question about the Mathelon drilling is, how accurately are the 3 barrels regulated? What kind of 3 shot (one each barrel) groups can you expect at 50/100m?

xxxxxxxxxx

one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Can you import a Manurhin M73 revolver?

Yes! Inquiring minds want to know. And how much?
Peter.

Be without fear in the face of your enemies. Be brave and upright, that God may love thee. Speak the truth always, even if it leads to your death. Safeguard the helpless and do no wrong;

Posts: 10515 | Location: Jacksonville, Florida | Registered: 09 January 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
They are regulated for the Norma 286gr ORYX bullet, to shoot all 3 barrels within 6cm (2.3") at 50 meters.

Here is a discussion from last year.
http://forums.accuratereloadin...=220109609#220109609

Ken

DRSS, PP Chapter
Life NRA
Life SCI
Life DSC

Posts: 1327 | Location: PA | Registered: 06 August 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Of course, for birds you'll need a shotgun, such as this triple 12 at Bonhams.

Bob

DRSS

"If we're not supposed to eat animals, why are they made out of meat?"

"PS. To add a bit of Pappasonian philosophy: this single barrel stuff is just a passing fad. Bolt actions and single shots will fade away as did disco, the hula hoop, and bell-bottomed pants. Doubles will rule the world!"

Posts: 812 | Location: MT | Registered: 14 November 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Is that drilling currently for sale or auction?If so, where?

xxxxxxxxxx

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Gatogordo, the 12 above is at Bonhams July 29th, Lot 294:
link

Lot No: 294S2

A fine and rare Green patent 12-bore (2¾in) single-trigger three-barrelled boxlock ejector gun by Edwinson Green & Sons, no. 6748A
The gun incorporating E.C. Green's trigger patent no. 15307 of 9th July 1902, barrels of pyramidal configuration, the action-body and furniture with best bold foliate-scroll engraving, non-selective single-trigger, highly-figured stock (slight crack at right horn) with chequered side-panels and ebonite butt-plate (forend with some slight cracks), the ribless Krupp-Flussstahl barrels engraved Edwinson Green & Son, Makers, Cheltenham, Gloucester, Lyon & Lyon Calcutta, Winners of the two First Prizes at the last Field trials London
Weight 8lb. 5oz., 14½in. pull, 28in. barrels, approx. I.C., 3/8 & 3/8 choke, 2¾in. chambers, Birmingham nitro reproof (right and top barrel-thicknesses below recommended minimum, left barrel-thickness marginal)

Estimate: £15,000 - 20,000

I wonder how that would work for sporting clays?

DRSS

"If we're not supposed to eat animals, why are they made out of meat?"

"PS. To add a bit of Pappasonian philosophy: this single barrel stuff is just a passing fad. Bolt actions and single shots will fade away as did disco, the hula hoop, and bell-bottomed pants. Doubles will rule the world!"

Posts: 812 | Location: MT | Registered: 14 November 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Thanks for the link. I actually had glanced thru that auction but was mostly looking for interesting engraving patterns and missed this lot.

While I don't have that kind of spare cash right now, I've kind of wanted one of those, meaning a 3 or 4 barreled shotgun, for a while. However, I wouldn't buy that one due to the thin walled barrels.

xxxxxxxxxx