New
Find
Notify
Tools

How about a Triple Rifle
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
It really a rifle drilling but was unusual enough I thought I would post a few pics.
Maker is Mathelon, all 3 barrels are 9.3X74R, barrels are 21.5", LOP 14 3/4", and weight is 122oz or only 7.63lb. The front trigger is mechanical, and fires the right barrel and then the left, the second trigger fires the bottom barrel.

Ken

DRSS, PP Chapter
Life NRA
Life SCI
Life DSC

Posts: 1329 | Location: PA | Registered: 06 August 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Brain1
posted Hide Post
OK so how much $$$'s.

You can borrow money, but you can't borrow time. Don't wait, go now.
Savannah Safaris Namibia
Otjitambi Trails & Safaris
DRSS
NRA
SCI
DSC
TSRA
TMPA

Posts: 1265 | Location: Bridgeport, Tx | Registered: 20 May 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of packrattusnongratus
posted Hide Post
Go ahead and scare us. Or at least some of us. Packy

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:

Maker is Mathelon, all 3 barrels are 9.3X74R, barrels are 21.5", LOP 14 3/4",
and weight is 122oz or only 7.63lb. The front trigger is mechanical, and fires
the right barrel and then the left, the second trigger fires the bottom barrel.

It looks good - is the maker in Germany?

Jack

OH GOD! {Seriously, we need the help.}

Posts: 2791 | Location: USA - East Coast | Registered: 10 December 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
The maker is in France and is mentioned in the new Drilling book. Additional pics can be seen at www.kebcollc.com click on firearms and then rifles. It has a interesting locking system that can be seen in the pics.
Price is $11,800

Ken

DRSS, PP Chapter
Life NRA
Life SCI
Life DSC

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Brain1:
OK so how much $$$'s.

You looking for the first "tripling"? Wink

SCI Life Member
DSC Life Member

Posts: 2018 | Location: Colorado | Registered: 20 May 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
hey ken. what kind of accuracy are they getting and how does a scope work? seems like it would be nice to have that extra round

Posts: 1396 | Registered: 24 September 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
They are regulated for the Norma 286gr ORYX bullet, to shoot all 3 barrels within 6cm (2.3") at 50 meters. I bought one for myself to play with and will have it out tomorrow, report to follow.

Ken

DRSS, PP Chapter
Life NRA
Life SCI
Life DSC

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Kebco:
It really a rifle drilling ...

Typo. "Rifled drilling". Might be some confusion.

Posts: 1083 | Location: Texas Hill Country | Registered: 05 December 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of MacD37
posted Hide Post
quote:
It really a rifle drilling but was unusual enough I thought I would post a few pics.
Maker is Mathelon, all 3 barrels are 9.3X74R, barrels are 21.5", LOP 14 3/4", and weight is 122oz or only 7.63lb. The front trigger is mechanical, and fires the right barrel and then the left, the second trigger fires the bottom barrel.

Now that is a fine looking rifle! If it shoots as good as it looks and the triggers work as advertized, it would be a fine hunting rifle for sure!

That has always been my idea of the way a three barrel rifle's triggers should work! the right trigger work the right barrel, and the back trigger work the left barrel on the first pull,and the lower barrel on the second pull! Here a single trigger for two barrels makes sence, if the single trigger fails, you still have a working single shot, with the right barrel. If a single trigger fails on a double rifle, you are out of business!

The thing I'd like is to find the balla nce point on this TRIPLE rifle. Though the barrels are short, they will be heavier than a pair the same length. ???????? Balanced, or barrel heavy?????????????

Looks good, and something I might be interested in if it regulates well, and ballances! From the looks of it, I say........ thumb

....Mac >>>===(x)===> MacD37, ...and DUGABOY1
DRSS Charter member
"If I die today, I've had a life well spent, for I've been to see the Elephant, and smelled the smoke of Africa!"~ME 1982

Hands of Old Elmer Keith

Posts: 14634 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: 08 June 2000Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Shot mine today. Overall I am pleased. I did not have any of the 286 Norma Oryx that the gun is regulated with but did shoot some 286 Norma Alaska, 285 RWS, and 291 RWS. At 50 yards, firing 6 round groups (all 3 barrels 2x), I was getting groups of 2.25" (5.5 cm) to just under 3"(7cm). I shot 40 rounds and was getting tired but as I get more practice with the gun I do not think it will difficult to regularly keep groups in the low 2" or better.

Ken

DRSS, PP Chapter
Life NRA
Life SCI
Life DSC

one of us
Picture of Will
posted Hide Post
quote:
Here a single trigger for two barrels makes sence

Holy cow! I figured under no circumstances I would ever hear this out of you. Smiler Why not just 3 triggers?

-------------------------------
Will Stewart / Once you've been amongst them, there is no such thing as too much gun.
---------------------------------------
and, God Bless John Wayne.

NRA Benefactor Member, GOA, N.A.G.R.

"Elephant and Elephant Guns" $99 shipped
“Hunting Africa's Dangerous Game" $20 shipped.

red.dirt.elephant@gmail.com

Hoping to wind up where elephant hunters go.

Posts: 19369 | Location: Ocala Flats | Registered: 22 May 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I love it! Ejectors or extractor ??

Posts: 460 | Location: Auburn CA. | Registered: 25 March 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Posted 11 August 2008 03:15 Hide Post

quote:

Holy cow! I figured under no circumstances I would ever hear this out of you. Smiler Why not just 3 triggers?

But but but but but

Posts: 13462 | Location: faribault mn | Registered: 16 November 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of MacD37
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Will:
quote:

Will, the second trigger working as a single trigger for the left, and bottom barrel is far better, and much quicker than a selector switch usually found on these three barrel guns, and still leaves one barrel completely indipendant from the multi barrel trigger, while still leaving you with a working single shot if the back trigger fails.

quote:
origenally posted by SWD:
I love it! Ejectors or extractor ??

This rifle is an extractor rifle. Ejectors would be a difficult thing for this type rifle!

DRSS Charter member
"If I die today, I've had a life well spent, for I've been to see the Elephant, and smelled the smoke of Africa!"~ME 1982

Hands of Old Elmer Keith

One of Us
posted Hide Post
The maker uses the same frame to make several types of drillings including more conventional rifle/shotgun (ie 20x20x9.3 or 9.3 x 9.3 x20) and mixed rifle cal guns (ie 8mmx8mmx9.3) and even 2 barrel sets, as a result the top two barrels are always the same cal or guage and the bottom barrel can be the same or something very different. That is why the bottom barrel is on a different trigger and the first trigger works as a single trigger for the right and left barrel.

In this case where all three barrels are the same even if you forget and pull the first trigger once and then go to the second trigger you will still have 2 shots and can always go back and pull the first trigger a second time for the third shot. However, the gun is regulated to shoot the right, left and bottom barrel in that order

Ken

DRSS, PP Chapter
Life NRA
Life SCI
Life DSC

one of us
Picture of MacD37
posted Hide Post
quote:
The maker uses the same frame to make several types of drillings including more conventional rifle/shotgun (ie 20x20x9.3 or 9.3 x 9.3 x20) and mixed rifle cal guns (ie 8mmx8mmx9.3) and even 2 barrel sets, as a result the top two barrels are always the same cal or guage and the bottom barrel can be the same or something very different. That is why the bottom barrel is on a different trigger and the first trigger works as a single trigger for the right and left barrel.

In this case where all three barrels are the same even if you forget and pull the first trigger once and then go to the second trigger you will still have 2 shots and can always go back and pull the first trigger a second time for the third shot. However, the gun is regulated to shoot the right, left and bottom barrel in that order

That is opposite what I thought, but would still leave one indipendant single shot in case of the single trigger for two of the barrels failed. The only thing would be to use the single shot it would be slower to reload that bottom barrel, but it would work either way!

One more question, is this rifle fitted with an automatic safety, or a manual? If an Auto, can the auto feature be made manual?

DRSS Charter member

Hands of Old Elmer Keith

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
The maker is in France and is mentioned in the new Drilling book. Additional pics can be seen at www.kebcollc.com click on firearms and then rifles. It has a interesting locking system that can be seen in the pics.
Price is $11,800

$11.8K is a friggin steal for that rifle!

Posts: 18352 | Location: Salt Lake City, Utah USA | Registered: 20 April 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
The safety does not automatically come on as the gun is opened.

The front trigger is mechanical, and will fire the second barrel with a second pull of the trigger. Unlike the inertia type single trigger that requires the recoil of the first shot to "set" the trigger for the second shot the mechanical trigger will work for the second barrel even if the first barrel fails to fire (empty chamber, bad cartridge, etc)

Ken

DRSS, PP Chapter
Life NRA
Life SCI
Life DSC