THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM DOUBLE RIFLES FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Rifles  Hop To Forums  Double Rifles    Originally posted by MJines: "One can never own too many .500's..."
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Originally posted by MJines: "One can never own too many .500's..."
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
Why is that? Count the ways.

Posts: 4799 | Location: Lehigh county, PA | Registered: 17 October 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of MJines
posted Hide Post
The Top Ten List:

10. Share with your friends and learn new expletives
9. The empty cartridges make good trash cans
8. Save on reloading dies: one cartridge, one world to hunt
7. Who needs a rainy day, make your own thunder
6. Officer asks, "Have you been drinking sir?" Offender replies, "Nope, just a little dizzy from a trip to the range."
5. How many cartridges can you say hurt more on the giving end than the receiving end
4. It's a phallic thing, and boy am I glad I do not shoot a .223
3. Lots of great things come in 500's, the Indy 500, the Daytona 500 . . . why not the Heym 500
2. Come on, aren't you a country music fan, as Alan Jackson would say, Too Much of a Good Thing is a Good Thing
1. Remember the famous saying, staying alive means hunting with a caliber that begins with a five

Mike

Posts: 21200 | Registered: 03 January 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
The only problem here is the lack of 7's...... 5 with 7s = .577..... To much is is just right!.

If you own a gun and you are not a member of the NRA and other pro 2nd amendment organizations then YOU are part of the problem.

Posts: 1226 | Location: South Texas | Registered: 12 July 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Nemo .450
posted Hide Post
yuck

------------------------------------------------------------------------

He that believeth on the Son hath everlasting life: and he that believeth not the Son shall not see life; but the wrath of God abideth on him. -- John 3:36

http://www.accurateinnovations.com - http://aigunstocks.com/home-2/

NRA Life Member
DSC
SCI
DRSS - STILL waiting on MY "Taksdale" .450NE or a refund... coffee

"Young knight, learn to love God and revere women, so that your honour grows. Practice knighthood and learn the Art that dignifies you, and brings you honour in wars." (Johannes Liechtenauer, 14th century)

Posts: 279 | Location: North-East Georgia | Registered: 12 November 2010Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of CCMDoc
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by MJines:
The Top Ten List:

10. Share with your friends and learn new expletives
9. The empty cartridges make good trash cans
8. Save on reloading dies: one cartridge, one world to hunt
7. Who needs a rainy day, make your own thunder
6. Officer asks, "Have you been drinking sir?" Offender replies, "Nope, just a little dizzy from a trip to the range."
5. How many cartridges can you say hurt more on the giving end than the receiving end
4. It's a phallic thing, and boy am I glad I do not shoot a .223
3. Lots of great things come in 500's, the Indy 500, the Daytona 500 . . . why not the Heym 500
2. Come on, aren't you a country music fan, as Alan Jackson would say, Too Much of a Good Thing is a Good Thing
1. Remember the famous saying, staying alive means hunting with a caliber that begins with a five

"Remember the famous saying, staying alive means hunting with a caliber that begins with a five"

That "with" should be changed to "at"

NRA Lifer; DSC Lifer; SCI member; DRSS; AR member since November 9 2003

Don't Save the best for last, the smile for later or the "Thanks" for tomorow

Posts: 3460 | Location: In the Shadow of Griffin&Howe | Registered: 24 November 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of JabaliHunter
posted Hide Post
I'd rather have one really good rifle than more than one lesser rifles in the same calibre... the only exception being if I only planned to take a pair of identical rifles on safari

Posts: 712 | Location: England | Registered: 01 January 2010Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of PD999
posted Hide Post
.505 Gibbs Magnum for me.

One planet, one rifle...

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
“A man can never have too much red wine, too many books, or too much ammunition” ― Rudyard Kipling

Posts: 1231 | Location: London, UK | Registered: 02 April 2010Reply With Quote