New
Find
Notify
Tools

Tom Ondrus
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
Folks I was saddened to learn today that Tom passed awhile ago. I might have known or might not. With the memory problems I am having I dont know. Hell I was shocked to find out my grandmother passed away and grieved over that last week. She has been dead 6 or 7 years and I was at the funeral. Anyway, Tom was always helpful when I had questions about double rifle building, parts etc. Can someone tell me bout when he passed, I dont need an exact date. Also does anyone know what happened to all his inventory? I didnt really know where to post this but figured here was as good as any.

Happiness is a warm gun

Posts: 4106 | Location: USA | Registered: 06 March 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of MJines
posted Hide Post

Posts: 21719 | Registered: 03 January 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Tom passed on 4/14/2010 I believe. Coral called me from the hospital and asked that I post it on AR. It was my understanding from Coral that he left about everything to her. They had visited with us here in NC a few months earlier and Tom had two old doubles that he was showing to an individual out of Charlotte, NC.

Posts: 892 | Location: Central North Carolina | Registered: 04 October 2007Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Thank You All!

Happiness is a warm gun

Posts: 4106 | Location: USA | Registered: 06 March 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Darn shame - Tom was very pleasant to deal with and seemed like "One Of Us"...

...Hate to see another "Knight Of The Trigger" pass!

My condolences to family and friends,

JW

One of Us
Picture of retreever
posted Hide Post
Took Tom on his last trip before his health went.
He was a true gentleman.

Mike

Michael Podwika... DRSS bigbores and hunting www.pvt.co.za " MAKE THE SHOT " 450#2 Famars

Posts: 6768 | Location: Wyoming, Pa. USA | Registered: 17 April 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
He was a good guy.
Now somebody has stolen his email file.
I have been receiving many emails from his account about scam stuff.
To bad.
larry

Posts: 1571 | Location: New Mexico Texas Border | Registered: 29 March 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Yes, me too!

Jack

OH GOD! {Seriously, we need the help.}

Posts: 2791 | Location: USA - East Coast | Registered: 10 December 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of 577NitroExpress
posted Hide Post
Tom had what many would consider an "abrasive" attitude on AR. He all ways typed in caps and was very strong with his opinions.

He attended a DRSS hunt in Brady, Texas a few years ago and I can say, he was a true gentleman; I had the honor of sharing the hunting campfire with him. He knew his guns and he knew his hunting. I saw pictures of his hunts; he bagged four of the big five. He lived his life and did things many of us only dream about.

RIP, big Tom. You are now in the happy hunting grounds of your dreams....

577NitroExpress
Double Rifle Shooters Society
Francotte .470 Nitro Express

If stupidity hurt, a lot of people would be walking around screaming...

Posts: 2789 | Location: Bucks County, Pennsylvania | Registered: 08 June 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of MacD37
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by elk88101:
He was a good guy.
Now somebody has stolen his email file.
I have been receiving many emails from his account about scam stuff.
To bad.
larry

Me as well! I get two or three E-mails from his address per day. Subject line is always titled "NO SUBJECT"

....Mac >>>===(x)===> MacD37, ...and DUGABOY1
DRSS Charter member
"If I die today, I've had a life well spent, for I've been to see the Elephant, and smelled the smoke of Africa!"~ME 1982

Hands of Old Elmer Keith

Posts: 14634 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: 08 June 2000Reply With Quote