THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM DOUBLE RIFLES FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Rifles  Hop To Forums  Double Rifles    HEYM 88B Deluxe Grade Photos
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

HEYM 88B Deluxe Grade Photos
 Login/Join

One Of Us
Picture of new_guy
posted
Here are a couple photos from the "Deluxe" grade 88B. Will get some more soon.

www.heymusa.com

HSC Booth # 306
SCI Booth # 3947

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Show-off !!!! :-)

Posts: 20155 | Location: Very NW NJ up in the Mountains | Registered: 14 June 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Mike Brooks
posted Hide Post
That is some fancy chisel work!

NRA Life
ASSRA Life
DRSS

Today's Quote:
Give a man a fish and he eats for a day. Give a man a welfare check, a free cell phone with free monthly minutes, food stamps, section 8 housing, a forty ounce malt liquor, a crack pipe and some Air Jordan's and he votes Democrat for a lifetime.

Posts: 4096 | Location: Cherkasy Ukraine  | Registered: 19 November 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
wow.....nice!!

DRSS

Posts: 1162 | Location: Pamplico, SC USA | Registered: 24 August 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Here are more fine Heym Doubles http://www.feine-jagdwaffen.de...ex.php?Doppelbuchsen

Nec Timor Nec Temeritas

<generalwar>
posted
Really like the pattern on the fences and bolsters.

One Of Us
Picture of new_guy
posted Hide Post
Here are some more photos. I'll post details on this model ASAP, but this is not the typical "Safari" grade HEYM.

www.heymusa.com

HSC Booth # 306
SCI Booth # 3947

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Wow! Stunning to say the least. I would almost be to afraid to take a rifle like that hunting.
AlmostSmiler

My biggest fear is when I die my wife will sell my guns for what I told her they cost.

Posts: 6639 | Location: Wasilla, Alaska | Registered: 22 February 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of CCMDoc
posted Hide Post
VERY nice! tu2

NRA Lifer; DSC Lifer; SCI member; DRSS; AR member since November 9 2003

Don't Save the best for last, the smile for later or the "Thanks" for tomorow

Posts: 3465 | Location: In the Shadow of Griffin&Howe | Registered: 24 November 2007Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of RAC
posted Hide Post
Beautiful!

I hunt, not to kill, but in order not to have played golf....

DRSS

Posts: 839 | Location: LA | Registered: 28 May 2002Reply With Quote
<generalwar>
posted
Excellent contrast in themes, wonderful piece.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Outstanding "except" that buffalo has a compassionate look in his eyes. Need to work on those eyes and put some anger in them.

EZ

Posts: 3256 | Location: Texas | Registered: 06 January 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Slider
posted Hide Post
Purdy!!!

Posts: 2410 | Location: East Wenatchee | Registered: 18 August 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Cane Rat
posted Hide Post
Nice rifle but what is it with the Germans and their damned fetish for carving, whether on wood or metal? I would prefer traditional engraving of the buff rather than his being carved into the metal and the same goes for the leaves on the rib. I can't tell you how many nice stocks on German rifles I have seen that were ruined by having damned leaves, berries, birds, stags, woodchoppers heading off to work, and everything else under the sun carved into the wood when simple checkering is all that is necessary. Some of them look like damn cuckoo clocks with barrels. Just my opinion, excuse my rant. Beautiful rifle but I would prefer a more understated, English style.

Posts: 2767 | Location: The Peach State | Registered: 03 March 2010Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of DoubleDon
posted Hide Post
Chris, looks pretty damn good to me!! Wink tu2

Deo Vindice,

Don

Sons of Confederate Veterans Black Horse Camp #780

Posts: 1701 | Location: Virginia | Registered: 01 February 2009Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Cane Rat:
Nice rifle but what is it with the Germans and their damned fetish for carving, whether on wood or metal? I would prefer traditional engraving of the buff rather than his being carved into the metal and the same goes for the leaves on the rib. I can't tell you how many nice stocks on German rifles I have seen that were ruined by having damned leaves, berries, birds, stags, woodchoppers heading off to work, and everything else under the sun carved into the wood when simple checkering is all that is necessary. Some of them look like damn cuckoo clocks with barrels. Just my opinion, excuse my rant. Beautiful rifle but I would prefer a more understated, English style.

Ditto,

It's a Teutonic gene to do nothing with elegance or understatement.

It is one of the more well done German engraving jobs that I've seen however. It's very well executed it's just not in my preferred style.

One of Us
Picture of Steve Ahrenberg
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Cane Rat:

Dang Andy,
There you go, peeing lesser members again. You may be onto something though........Double Rifles with cuckoo clocks coming out of the stock.
fishing

Formerly "Nganga"

Posts: 3513 | Location: Phoenix, Arizona | Registered: 26 April 2010Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Nakihunter
posted Hide Post
What a beautiful rifle. Even that buffalo seems to so impressed that it has lost all its aggression! Big Grin

"When the wind stops....start rowing. When the wind starts, get the sail up quick."

Posts: 11090 | Location: New Zealand | Registered: 02 July 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Hi from Germany.
:-)

First:
This is an nice Forum, with great experts and informations.

Second:
Some statements to:
It's a Teutonic gene to do nothing with elegance or understatement.
or
Nice rifle but what is it with the Germans and their damned fetish for carving
This have nothing to do with Germany.
This beautifull gun is an bespoken gun. You cn get it with whatever you want. With nothing, with light engraving, hard engraving (with naked girls if you want, and pay :-)) or an hard bling-bling weapon.
Our wepon-culture is state of the art, function and tradition. The graving is from nothing to ..., thats your decision.

I prefere nothing.
...okay, an good wood. :-

One of Us
posted Hide Post
I will try to post some photos.

This will show the Heym 88, an special version, with some of the best (and realistic) engraving I have ever seen.

One of Us
posted Hide Post

One of Us
posted Hide Post
The Heym double rifle is very accurate too.

Please have an look at the german, Frankonia Homepage, there are some results...

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Because I´m a poor forester, I use a standard 88B nearly without engraving and a standard wood. It is my working rifle in automne and winter!

But it is right, there is really a difference between a teutonic handcrafted rifle and a yankee tupper rifle! Wink

Posts: 561 | Location: northern Germany | Registered: 26 February 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post

One of Us
posted Hide Post

One of Us
posted Hide Post

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Or you can have the "cheaper version", the Modell PH, with "nothing".

Here you can see the rifle from the great PH Ivan Carter and one of his storys with the gun.

I have the honor to test these gun (in function, technical styl and presision) after 10 years of hard hunting and an refresh in German.

I you want, I can posed the results here.

One of Us
posted Hide Post

One of Us
Picture of Cane Rat
posted Hide Post
Thanks for posting the pics Dr. FM but the style of engraving in your pics is exactly what I was referring to. That carved, deep relief, Teutonic style is not to my liking just as I don't care for leaves and birds and what not carved into rifle stocks when checkering will suffice.

To each his own, I just don't care for it, I prefer something more understated but that's just my opinion.

Here is an example of what I consider to be tasteful engraving. Nganga's .500 NE

Posts: 2767 | Location: The Peach State | Registered: 03 March 2010Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Steve Ahrenberg
posted Hide Post
"Thats outright plagiarism" dancing

I gotta wonder, is that deep relief engraving actually engraving or some sort of lost wax process?

Formerly "Nganga"

Posts: 3513 | Location: Phoenix, Arizona | Registered: 26 April 2010Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Those Heyms are Very Nice.

As Dr. FM stated, you can get it done your way.

DOUBLE RIFLE SHOOTERS SOCIETY

Posts: 16134 | Location: Texas | Registered: 06 April 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of RAC
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by eezridr:
Outstanding "except" that buffalo has a compassionate look in his eyes. Need to work on those eyes and put some anger in them.

EZ

Maybe it is a compassionate buffalo. Wink

I hunt, not to kill, but in order not to have played golf....

DRSS

Posts: 839 | Location: LA | Registered: 28 May 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Here you can see an Heym 88, without "anything".
You can have it blank (silver) or black.
It costs from 10.000 - 15.000 Euro, depending on the extras.

It is an nice, an working gun.
(Like Ivan Carter use it since decades.)

One of Us
posted Hide Post

One of Us
posted Hide Post

One of Us
posted Hide Post
I think it is darn amazing what they can do with a rusty nail and a claw hammer. jumping
Welcom to the forum Dr.FM
Bill

Member DSC,DRSS,NRA,TSRA
A man who carries a cat by the tail learns something he can learn in no other way.
-Mark Twain
There ought to be one day - just one – when there is open season on Congressmen.
~Will Rogers~

Posts: 1132 | Location: Fort Worth, Texas | Registered: 09 May 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Dr. FM:

This is good! Maybe even something more subtle than the coin finish and ZERO engraving ...??

Disregard Andy's commentary, he wears plaid hats and drives an Austin Healy.

tu2

Posts: 13301 | Location: On the Couch with West Coast Cool | Registered: 20 June 2007Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Dr.FM.

I simply don't care for traditional Teutonic rifle styling. I am not implying that it is poorly done or somehow takes less skill or talent.

My tastes tend more towards a traditional tight British rose and scroll. Thanks for posting those photos.

PS

I didn't know you guys did Bling in Germany! I thought that was an American only thing.. Wink

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by eezridr:

EZ

That look is actually very accurate. That's the look they have when they're deciding on how they want to die. I think the one in the engraving is leaning toward "old age".

Don't worry, Chris will provide the "like you owe him money" look. Still give me chills....

SCI Life Member
DSC Life Member

Posts: 2018 | Location: Colorado | Registered: 20 May 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of bwanamrm
posted Hide Post
You guys are right... crappy engraving kills the value on this gun! Hey Chris, I will take this one off your hands for pennies on the dollar to save you the embarassment of having to post the rifle pictures on a public forum... after all what self-respecting buffalo would agree to being shot with such a rifle. Wink

On the plains of hesitation lie the bleached bones of ten thousand, who on the dawn of victory lay down their weary heads resting, and there resting, died.

If you can talk with crowds and keep your virtue,
Or walk with Kings - nor lose the common touch...
Yours is the Earth and everything that's in it,
And - which is more - you'll be a Man, my son!
- Rudyard Kipling

Life grows grim without senseless indulgence.

Posts: 7551 | Location: Victoria, Texas | Registered: 30 March 2003Reply With Quote