Find
Notify
Tools

4K Antlered Doe
 Login/Join

One Of Us
Picture of new_guy
posted
For all the guys that have been to the 4K on the hog hunts, Brad just emailed me a photo of a doe with antlers they recently took.

http://www.4klandandcattle.com/index.html

www.heymusa.com

HSC Booth # 306
SCI Booth # 3947

Picture of jeffeosso
posted Hide Post
Awesome, btw, that is called a Hind, not a doe, when it is an antlered doe of a species that dosn't have antlered females.

it is, without a doubt, a genetic chimera, and interestingly enough, would have DIFFERENT dna on its head than in it's reporductive organs.

no, i aint kiddin

#dumptrump

opinions vary band of bubbas and STC hunting Club

Information on Ammoguide about
the416AR, 458AR, 470AR, 500AR
What is an AR round? Case Drawings 416-458-470AR and 500AR.
476AR,
http://www.weaponsmith.com

Posts: 38612 | Location: Conroe, TX | Registered: 01 June 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of jimatcat
posted Hide Post
what was she like on the inside??? male or female??/.. hermorphadite???

go big or go home ........

DSC-- Life Member
NRA--Life member
DRSS--9.3x74 r Chapuis

Posts: 2833 | Location: dividing my time between san angelo and victoria texas.......... USA | Registered: 26 July 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
To tell for sure you need to determinw whether it has testes or ovaries. The testes could not have desended and be degenerate or rthe ovaries could be degenerate.

465H&H

Posts: 5686 | Location: Nampa, Idaho | Registered: 10 February 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
SOME KINDA STRANGE !!!

ONLY IN TEXAS......

TOMO577
DOUBLE RIFLE SHOOTERS SOCIETY

Posts: 1144 | Location: west of erie, pa | Registered: 15 September 2006Reply With Quote
Picture of jeffeosso
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by tomo577:
SOME KINDA STRANGE !!!

ONLY IN TEXAS......

or ancient greece.. one of the tasks of heracles...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ceryneian_Hind

oh well

#dumptrump

opinions vary band of bubbas and STC hunting Club

Information on Ammoguide about
the416AR, 458AR, 470AR, 500AR
What is an AR round? Case Drawings 416-458-470AR and 500AR.
476AR,
http://www.weaponsmith.com

Posts: 38612 | Location: Conroe, TX | Registered: 01 June 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of MacD37
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by tomo577:
SOME KINDA STRANGE !!!

ONLY IN TEXAS......

That is the first one I've ever heard of in Texas, or on a whitetail. However, these things are not "ONLY IN TEXAS" as tom says!

In the state of New Mexico, there is a strip about 20 miles accross, and about 90 miles long, of MALAPAI (lava flow ) from about 20 miles north od CARIZOZO, NM, and between that town, and San Antone, NM, that flows down to almost Alomogordo, NM,beteen the Sacrminto Mountains, and the Stallion , San Andreas Mountains. This is where the first atom bomb was set off,and the Muledeer in that malapai flow have a large number of antlered Muledeer does come out of there every year. They have been seen trailing fawns as well! So at least all of them are not sterile.

That doe at 4K looks healthy, but it is debatable whether she is fertile or not!

....Mac >>>===(x)===> MacD37, ...and DUGABOY1
DRSS Charter member
"If I die today, I've had a life well spent, for I've been to see the Elephant, and smelled the smoke of Africa!"~ME 1982

Hands of Old Elmer Keith

Posts: 14634 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: 08 June 2000Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Every year or so one shows up at a check station in SW Idaho. Not all that rare but not common by any means. Just yesterday a local F&G biologist brought over a pheasant he shot for me to look at. It had a white ring around the neck, red above the eyes, green feathers on the head and some rooster feathers on the neck. The rest of the bird was typical hen color and feather pattern. It had two ovaries (but very small) and one small teste.

465H&H

Posts: 5686 | Location: Nampa, Idaho | Registered: 10 February 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Mike Brooks
posted Hide Post
I hear that these sightings are very common in San Fransisco too.

NRA Life
ASSRA Life
DRSS

Today's Quote:
Give a man a fish and he eats for a day. Give a man a welfare check, a free cell phone with free monthly minutes, food stamps, section 8 housing, a forty ounce malt liquor, a crack pipe and some Air Jordan's and he votes Democrat for a lifetime.

Posts: 4096 | Location: Cherkasy Ukraine  | Registered: 19 November 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Mike Brooks:
I hear that these sightings are very common in San Fransisco too.

rotflmo

Jack

OH GOD! {Seriously, we need the help.}

Posts: 2791 | Location: USA - East Coast | Registered: 10 December 2005Reply With Quote
One Of Us
Picture of new_guy
posted Hide Post
Sorry that I can't provide any more details on the physical / reproductive characteristics... what you see is what you get, but if I hear more I'll let you know.

www.heymusa.com

HSC Booth # 306
SCI Booth # 3947

one of us
Picture of Fjold
posted Hide Post
The doe I shot in Idaho ws running with a group of does and one of them was a small spike. I'm betting that it was her fawn and wouldn't bet against it being another doe.

Frank

"I don't know what there is about buffalo that frightens me so.....He looks like he hates you personally. He looks like you owe him money."
- Robert Ruark, Horn of the Hunter, 1953

NRA Life, SAF Life, CRPA Life, DRSS lite

Posts: 12600 | Location: Kentucky, USA | Registered: 30 December 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
What more could you want, drags easy and eats like a doe. (Its just the cajun in me)
JD

DRSS
9.3X74 tika 512
9.3X74 SXS
Merkel 140 in 470 Nitro

one of us
Picture of Dr. Lou
posted Hide Post
San Francisco is in Southern California. Big Grin

NRA Life Benefactor Member

Posts: 3313 | Location: USA | Registered: 15 November 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Mike Brooks
posted Hide Post
Kind'a seems that anywhere south of Seattle is getting to be San Fransiscoized.

NRA Life
ASSRA Life
DRSS

Today's Quote:
Give a man a fish and he eats for a day. Give a man a welfare check, a free cell phone with free monthly minutes, food stamps, section 8 housing, a forty ounce malt liquor, a crack pipe and some Air Jordan's and he votes Democrat for a lifetime.

Posts: 4096 | Location: Cherkasy Ukraine  | Registered: 19 November 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Actually not that uncommon at all, a number of them are shot each year..Just a genetic screw up. Hyeanas are an example of nature gone heywire, but probably for a reason.

Ray Atkinson
Atkinson Hunting Adventures
10 Ward Lane,
Filer, Idaho, 83328
208-731-4120

rayatkinsonhunting@gmail.com

Posts: 41979 | Location: Twin Falls, Idaho | Registered: 04 June 2000Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Reminds me of the old Texas saying..

"All hat and no cattle"

DB Bill aka Bill George

Posts: 4360 | Location: Sunny Southern California | Registered: 22 May 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Tyler Kemp
posted Hide Post
There was a 20-some point doe shot near me in Missouri last year. It was on the radio alot, but I never got to see it. I heard Basspro bought it, but I'm not sure if that is true.

Love shooting precision and long range. Big bores too!

Recent college grad, started a company called MK Machining where I'm developing a bullpup rifle chassis system.

Posts: 2598 | Location: Missouri | Registered: 29 March 2006Reply With Quote