Find
Notify
Tools

Doublerifle at Champlins!
 Login/Join

one of us
Picture of JefferyDenmark
posted Hide Post
If a company does not deliver and live up to the goodwill they have, what is the goodwill then worth to the customer who only gets one bad deal!
This situation is unacceptable from my point of view.
Please remember that they promised to ship the rifle on the 4th when Jens spoke to them! Now they are not only way late with the shipping but also lying!

Cheers,

André

Always always use enough... GUN & KNIFE

Posts: 2293 | Location: The Kingdom of Denmark | Registered: 13 January 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I really just want that 10 bore doublerifle..thats all. I asked in the beginning:
"What is normal reponstime from other gunshops in america, when buying something, until you get it? "
I know something must have went wrong somehow in all this, but I am going after the ball, not the ballplayers....hahaha.
I would not be afraid to deal with champlins again, George IS an authority beyond me concerning doublerifles...but next time I just hope things will be a little faster, as I have been really excited to get my first DR. dancing Hopefully I get the DR before x-mas...in this year ofcouse...hahaha. Wink

DRSS: HQ Scandinavia. Chapters in Sweden & Norway

Posts: 2805 | Location: Denmark | Registered: 09 June 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jens poulsen:
I really just want that 10 bore doublerifle..thats all. I asked in the beginning:
"What is normal reponstime from other gunshops in america, when buying something, until you get it? "
I know something must have went wrong somehow in all this, but I am going after the ball, not the ballplayers....hahaha.
I would not be afraid to deal with champlins again, George IS an authority beyond me concerning doublerifles...but next time I just hope things will be a little faster, as I have been really excited to get my first DR. dancing Hopefully I get the DR before x-mas...in this year ofcouse...hahaha. Wink

Jens
The only problem is that you are playing soccer and they are playin American Fotball Big Grin
In American football you are allowed to go for the player if he has the ball.

I sure hope that you will end up with that rifle.
Hey with next-day delivery you could have the rifle before the end of this week. That is if they ship it coffee

Cheers,

André

Posts: 2293 | Location: The Kingdom of Denmark | Registered: 13 January 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
I know something must have went wrong somehow in all this,

This all strikes me as so far out of the norm for them that I think that has to be it. We just don't know what it is.
------------------------------------------------
"Serious rifles have two barrels, everything else just burns gunpowder."

Posts: 1742 | Location: Texas | Registered: 10 January 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by JefferyDenmark:
If a company does not deliver and live up to the goodwill they have, what is the goodwill then worth to the customer who only gets one bad deal!

I see. So, one bad Holland & Holland and every one ever built is junk, eh? What a bizarre view of the world.
-----------------------------------------------

One of Us
Picture of peterdk
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 400 Nitro Express:
quote:

I see. So, one bad Holland & Holland and every one ever built is junk, eh? What a bizarre view of the world.

come on

400NE i know you to be fair and educated man, with good responses to all regarding dbl rifles.
i know jens side and cant see how he could do things in anyother way, and still be the gentleman he is.
and yes i dont see any buisness that forget to ship a item in almost 6 months as anything other than crab.
this is an antique which means that the shipping is not hard from the us side at all.
even if jens get his money back then he will have a 20% hit because of the US$ slide in the last 6 months, that means roughly 4000$ because of the wait.
any buisness is there to make money and service there costumers, a gun not being sent for 6 months is a disservice to the costumer.
you know george well, please ask him to join the discussion and i will be the first to appoligise if i have spoken out of context. i hope i should.

regards

peter

Posts: 1336 | Location: denmark | Registered: 01 September 2007Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:

No not at all H&H make some very nice guns, I did not know that Champlin made guns to?
If you order a gun from H&H I am sure that they would answer you e-mails and return your calls. Maybe even elaborate on why things are not happening.
Fact is that Jens has NOT received his rifle or an explanation. That is just so unacceptable and the worst customer service I have ever heard off.
I am sure that someone at Champlin or someone that speaks to then has read or heard of this thread, and it puzzles me that they have not told Jens sorry and explained to him why he has not gotten his rifle.
If I was then I would ship the rifle TODAY and end all this. but I do not think that they will ship it today or tomorrow for that fact.
If you have known them for as long as you say, why don't you cal George and ask him? You could then fill us in and prove me wrong.

Cheers,

André

One of Us
Picture of peterdk
posted Hide Post
this mail have just been sendt:

dear sirs

there is a discussion on accuratereloading.com that involves your company and the service you provide or dont provide.
i would like to invite you to participate so we can get both sides of the story and shead som light on this.

the tread:

https://forums.accuratereloading.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/760101804/m/853102567

im looking forward to hear from you there.

regards

Peter als Nerving
Denmark

....@yahoo.com
www.axelved.com

lets see what will happen.

peter

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by peterdk:
and yes i dont see any buisness that forget to ship a item in almost 6 months as anything other than crab.

Because this is so far out of the ordinary for them, I think there's something more to it than that that we don't know about.

quote:
even if jens get his money back then he will have a 20% hit because of the US$ slide in the last 6 months, that means roughly 4000$ because of the wait.

You assume that he won't get his rifle. I don't.

And no, I'm not going to ask them to disclose something that is confidential by it's nature.
---------------------------------------------

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Fact is that Jens has NOT received his rifle or an explanation. That is just so unacceptable and the worst customer service I have ever heard off.

The quality of customer service isn't based on one transaction, but you've made it clear that you think it is. Something highly unusual happened here, and you, with no previous dealings with them whatsoever, assume that this instance is normal. You don't know what you're talking about.

quote:
I am sure that someone at Champlin or someone that speaks to then has read or heard of this thread,

That's an asinine assumption.

quote:
If I was then I would ship the rifle TODAY and end all this. but I do not think that they will ship it today or tomorrow for that fact.

You don't want Jens to get his gun, that much is crystal clear, so don't bullshit me with your maudlin concern. You just want a lynching.

one of us
Picture of husky
posted Hide Post
It would never happend on this side of the Pond!

Maybe Champlins wasn't avare of the US governmental bureaucracy in exporting firearms, and are trying to pull out of the deal?

Maybe they are waitning for Santa Claus to bring the rifle with him in his sleigh on Christmas day?

Yes, that must be the case!

dancing

Posts: 1134 | Location: Sweden | Registered: 28 December 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Michael Robinson
posted Hide Post
Unless I am mistaken, because this rifle is over .50 caliber, its export falls within the licensing jurisdiction of the State Department under AECA and ITAR, notwithstanding that it is an antique.

That could very well be the problem here.

At the very least, however, Champlins needs to be more responsive and provide an explanation to their customer, instead of just repeating empty promises.

Mike

Wilderness is my cathedral, and hunting is my prayer.

Posts: 13654 | Location: New England | Registered: 06 June 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:

The quality of customer service isn't based on one transaction, but you've made it clear that you think it is. Something highly unusual happened here, and you, with no previous dealings with them whatsoever, assume that this instance is normal. You don't know what you're talking about.

quote:
I am sure that someone at Champlin or someone that speaks to then has read or heard of this thread,

That's an asinine assumption.

quote:

You don't want Jens to get his gun, that much is crystal clear, so don't bullshit me with your maudlin concern. You just want a lynching.

You are so wrong!
I want Jens to get his rifle so that I can try it! Cool Jens lives 25K from my house!
I want this thread to show that Champlin are treating Jens in the worst way just because he is very fare away from their place of business.

If it was me I would get local legal representation and have a lawyer drive down and represent me and ask the questions that needs to be asked:

"What is the problem?"

"Why have you not shipped this rifle even when you told my client that you would?"

Oh yeah I would also have the lawyer see the rifle, so that I knew for a fact that it was not sold to someone else.

Fact is that only Champlin knows why they did not ship the rifle! I think that Jens has the right to know why to.

Cheers,

André

one of us
Picture of husky
posted Hide Post
Jens,
Any news from Champlins about delivery with Santa Claus?

Or...

Posts: 1134 | Location: Sweden | Registered: 28 December 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by husky:
Jens,
Any news from Champlins about delivery with Santa Claus?

Or...

I recieved an e-mail from them yesteday..It will be send within the first 14 days here in the new year. dancing

Merry x-mas and happy new year.

One of Us
Picture of peterdk
posted Hide Post

One of Us
Picture of Steve
posted Hide Post
quote:

I recieved an e-mail from them yesteday..It will be send within the first 14 days here in the new year. dancing

Jens,

What was the reason for the latest delay?

-Steve

--------

www.zonedar.com

If you can't be a good example, be a horrible warning
DRSS C&H 475 NE
--------

Posts: 2781 | Location: Hillsboro, Or-Y-Gun (Oregon), U.S.A. | Registered: 22 June 2000Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Steve:
quote:

Jens,

What was the reason for the latest delay?

-Steve

It seems like they are having a great diffeculty in finding an airline company to transport the cannon....Lufthansa would be the answer now. Smiler

One of Us
posted Hide Post
400 NE:
You are correct. I just concluded my fourth transaction (all successful) with George and I mentioned the thread in passing. He responded that he doesn't have time to read blogs or threads but to concentrate on business, i.e. getting ready for the Dallas and Reno shows. I have no doubt that Jens will receive his rifle as I know George is conscientious when it comes to his customers. He calls me after the sale to see that everything is as promised.

I have a business that requires shipping overseas and it is not as it was pre-9/11. The redtape is onerous. I can't even get the US mail to carry my products as they did pre-9/11.

Dutch

When there's lead in the air there is hope in the heart.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Luftwaffe(LuftHansa) called me here yesterday....the gun willl arrive this sunday, for me to pickup in the airport sunday aswell... dancing

one of us
Picture of Charles_Helm
posted Hide Post
Glad to hear it. Please post lots of pictures!

Posts: 8773 | Location: Republic of Texas | Registered: 24 April 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Guillermo Amestoy
posted Hide Post
Pictures Man, Pictures!!!

"Every ignored reallity prepares its revenge!"

Posts: 883 | Location: Provincia de Cordoba - Republica Argentina -Southamerica | Registered: 09 May 2007Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
He responded that he doesn't have time to read blogs or threads but to concentrate on business, i.e. getting ready for the Dallas and Reno shows.

So, once you have received an order, as well as the money, it is no longer "business"? I would have thought that an explanation as well as apologies might be in order. George might well be part of the "second coming", but reputations are built one step at a time and lost rather more quickly.
Peter.

Be without fear in the face of your enemies. Be brave and upright, that God may love thee. Speak the truth always, even if it leads to your death. Safeguard the helpless and do no wrong;

Posts: 10515 | Location: Jacksonville, Florida | Registered: 09 January 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I think you are comparing apples to oranges. If there were to be an apology then it is between the parties. He doesn't owe me or you any apology and his business isn't conducted here on this webcite. Do you feel somehow slighted that there was a delay in Jens getting his rifle? What dog did you have in this fight anyway? Do you have some knowledge about this transaction that the rest of us don't. I think we just had Jens side to it.

Dutch

Dutch

One of Us
Picture of H T
posted Hide Post
thumbHave dealt with a lot of gunmakers and firearms vendors. Champlin Arms is on my A list, and it's a pretty short one.

George sold me the most expensive firearm I'll ever buy, and that experience was absolutely satisfactory. He has it back at this time for new firing pins. I'll see him at DSC and ask how it's going. He'll be sure to get it to me on time, I have no doubt.

Sounds like something fell through the cracks with his outfit this time. This is not the way he has done business in the past.

Posts: 742 | Location: Kerrville, TX | Registered: 24 May 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Dutch, you are correct, we do only have Jens side. I have no dog in this fight. I do not approve of dog fighting. However, what I will do is to seriously consider this thread in any future dealings that I have with Champlins.
Peter.

Be without fear in the face of your enemies. Be brave and upright, that God may love thee. Speak the truth always, even if it leads to your death. Safeguard the helpless and do no wrong;

Posts: 10515 | Location: Jacksonville, Florida | Registered: 09 January 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Peter:
And that's how one should approach a matter such as this when there has been a question. However, I've been on the short end as a result of third party problems in shipping as well. George has always followed up with me on guns shipped to me. I think you would be well served in doing business with him and I know he would welcome any questions you would have.

Dutch

One of Us
posted Hide Post
I believe this transaction to be an aberration!

It's the first bad thing I've ever read about Champlins.

Jack

OH GOD! {Seriously, we need the help.}

Posts: 2791 | Location: USA - East Coast | Registered: 10 December 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Rusty
posted Hide Post
I may have this all wrong, but as I understand it Champlins was waiting on some custom brass for the rifle so that they could ship that too?

Apparently the rifle was shipped sans brass?

Is that true?

Rusty
We Band of Brothers!
DRSS, NRA & SCI Life Member

"I am rejoiced at my fate. Do not be uneasy about me, for I am with my friends."
----- David Crockett in his last letter (to his children), January 9th, 1836
"I will never forsake Texas and her cause. I am her son." ----- Jose Antonio Navarro, from Mexican Prison in 1841
"for I have sworn upon the altar of god eternal hostility against every form of tyranny over the mind of man." Thomas Jefferson
Declaration of Arbroath April 6, 1320-“. . .It is not for glory, nor riches, nor honours that we are fighting, but for freedom - for that alone, which no honest man gives up but with life itself.”

Posts: 9797 | Location: Missouri City, Texas | Registered: 21 June 2000Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Rusty:
I may have this all wrong, but as I understand it Champlins was waiting on some custom brass for the rifle so that they could ship that too?

Apparently the rifle was shipped sans brass?

Is that true?

Half truth! Wink

I asked/requested(june) champlins to make up a chambercast + slug the bore, which service natually I would pay for. But that never happened..so after to much waiting,I requested them to ship the gun in sept!. coffee
I asked them for for a chambercast because RMC would make the brass using the chambercast champlin should have made. Wink

Copy of e-mail..!

--- Jens Poulsen <rigbymauser@yahoo.dk> skrev:

> Hey George!
>
> Could you all help me out with the 10 gauge
> double?
>
> I have contacted Rocky mountain Cartridge for
> making
> up the 10 bore 3.25" brass. To make sure I am doing
> things right I would need a chambercast of the
> doublerifle, and have it mailed to David Casey at
> Rocky mountain Cartridge.
> I would also need to know the boredia(maybe
> .775cal?) if you could slug the barrel and find out
> the twistratio. I will natually pay for this
> service..
> i will wire you the rest of the money here at the
> end
> of the month.
> Please let me know if you can help ..?
>
> Sincerely jens
>

One of Us
Picture of Rusty
posted Hide Post
Thanks!

Posts: 9797 | Location: Missouri City, Texas | Registered: 21 June 2000Reply With Quote