THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM DOUBLE RIFLES FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Rifles  Hop To Forums  Double Rifles    My Bailey Bradshaw aperature-sight
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

My Bailey Bradshaw aperature-sight
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of ledvm
posted
Below are some pics of my ghost-ring peep-sight Mr. Bailey Bradshaw built and installed on my Merkel .500 NE. I also had him put on a red fiber optic front bead.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
J. Lane Easter, DVM

A born Texan has instilled in his system a mind-set of no retreat or no surrender. I wish everyone the world over had the dominating spirit that motivates Texans.– Billy Clayton, Speaker of the Texas House

No state commands such fierce pride and loyalty. Lesser mortals are pitied for their misfortune in not being born in Texas.— Queen Elizabeth II on her visit to Texas in May, 1991.

Posts: 37873 | Location: Gainesville, TX | Registered: 24 December 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ledvm:
Below are some pics of my ghost-ring peep-sight Mr. Bailey Bradshaw built and installed on my Merkel .500 NE. I also had him put on a red fiber optic front bead.

Lane,

I think it looks great, and I love the fibre optic front sight as well. My eyes like the fibre optics more and more everyday, even though I try to keep convincing myself otherwise.

Sometimes change is good, and fibre optics on doubles can be a good change.

I hope you finally have your Merkel dialed in where you wanted it. I know bullet selection can often be a difficult decison, but accuracy is the name of the game. Best of luck with it.

Mike

JP Sauer Drilling 12x12x9.3x72
David Murray Scottish Hammer 12 Bore
Alex Henry 500/450 Double Rifle
Steyr Classic Mannlicher Fullstock 6.5x55
Steyr Classic Mannlicher Fullstock .30-06
Walther PPQ H2 9mm
Walther PPS M2
Cogswell & Harrison Hammer 12 Bore Damascus
And Too Many More

Posts: 1857 | Location: Chattanooga, TN | Registered: 10 August 2010Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Very nicely done indeed - which of course is to be expected !

The only comment I would make it the "shine" on the curved front of the base (Pic 3 from top) would annoy the F%&k out of me and draw my eye to it. It was the first thing I noticed when trying to see the fibre optic sight.

Posts: 3191 | Location: Victoria, Australia | Registered: 01 March 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
if he keep practicing Bailey will get it right some day rotflmo rotflmo looks like his standard work to me rotflmo rotflmo

Posts: 3818 | Location: kenya, tanzania,RSA,Uganda or Ethophia depending on day of the week | Registered: 27 May 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of ledvm
posted Hide Post
quote:
The only comment I would make it the "shine" on the curved front of the base (Pic 3 from top) would annoy the F%&k out of me and draw my eye to it. It was the first thing I noticed when trying to see the fibre optic sight.

Your eyes would not even notice it in real life. I hardly even see the ring. That is how Bailey says a a "true ghost-ring" should be...a ghost.

I took those pics with my IPhone. I will take some with a real camera soon and post.

J. Lane Easter, DVM

A born Texan has instilled in his system a mind-set of no retreat or no surrender. I wish everyone the world over had the dominating spirit that motivates Texans.– Billy Clayton, Speaker of the Texas House

No state commands such fierce pride and loyalty. Lesser mortals are pitied for their misfortune in not being born in Texas.— Queen Elizabeth II on her visit to Texas in May, 1991.

Posts: 37873 | Location: Gainesville, TX | Registered: 24 December 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
We look forward to your fist kill through this sight system!

Jack

OH GOD! {Seriously, we need the help.}

Posts: 2791 | Location: USA - East Coast | Registered: 10 December 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Very nice. Sights like that will allow us aging hunters another few years toting double rifles!

Posts: 20163 | Location: Very NW NJ up in the Mountains | Registered: 14 June 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of JCS271
posted Hide Post
That is the exact setup I have been wanting. That base with the flip up sight is outstanding. Is this a one time custom that he made for you or does he sell those as a stock item? My rib is predrilled so I would just need to check the screw spacing.

"The difference between adventure and disaster is preparation."
"The problem with quoting info from the internet is that you can never be sure it is accurate" Abraham Lincoln

Posts: 1626 | Location: Montana Territory | Registered: 27 March 2010Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of ledvm
posted Hide Post
Just PM Bailey and I bet he can build one to fit your rib.

J. Lane Easter, DVM

One of Us
posted Hide Post
NO Dont PM Him
He has no time fishing
He has many big projects to get out of the shop first. BOOM
LIKE MY DOUBLE.
Disconnect his phone and computer for 2 years.
OH SORRY BAILEY lol
Larry

Posts: 1571 | Location: New Mexico Texas Border | Registered: 29 March 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of ledvm
posted Hide Post
I saw your action in the rough.

J. Lane Easter, DVM

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Lane

It looks like you left the leaf sight on. do they both register? I would think there would be an elevation change.

SSR

Posts: 6725 | Location: central Texas | Registered: 05 August 2010Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of ledvm
posted Hide Post
Bailey milled off the fixed leaf and left the folding leaf. So...it has a folding rear leaf express sight or the folding ghost-ring aperture sight.

J. Lane Easter, DVM

One of Us
posted Hide Post
That'll work

Posts: 1700 | Location: USA | Registered: 04 January 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Bailey milled off the fixed leaf and left the folding leaf. So...it has a folding rear leaf express sight or the folding ghost-ring aperture sight.

Now thats COOL

SSR

Posts: 6725 | Location: central Texas | Registered: 05 August 2010Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of ROSCOE
posted Hide Post
That looks great!

R. Lee Ermey: "The deadliest weapon in the world is a Marine and his rifle."
We're going to be "gifted" with a health care plan we are forced to purchase and fined if we don't, Which purportedly covers at least ten million more people, without adding a single new doctor, but provides for 16,000 new IRS agents, written by a committee whose chairman says he doesn't understand it, passed by a Congress that didn't read it but exempted themselves from it, and signed by a President, with funding administered by a treasury chief who didn't pay his taxes, for which we'll be taxed for four years before any benefits take effect, by a government which has already bankrupted Social Security and Medicare, all to be overseen by a surgeon general who is obese, and financed by a country that's broke!!!!! 'What the hell could possibly go wrong?'

Posts: 2122 | Location: Arkansas | Registered: 03 June 2000Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:

OPTIONS are GREAT!

Jack

OH GOD! {Seriously, we need the help.}

Posts: 2791 | Location: USA - East Coast | Registered: 10 December 2005Reply With Quote