New
Find
Notify
Tools

.450/400-2 3/8" BPE
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
I have the opportunity to purchase a nice Daniel Fraser double rifle in this caliber. From what research I've done, it appears the
.450/400-2 3/8" is about as obsolete as you can get. Making cases would require extensive re-forming of .450/400 cases, including thinning the rims. Do any of you shoot this cartridge? Is it worth the effort and expense to form cases just to be able to shoot an 1880s era BPE double rifle? Help convince me to purchase this rifle!
Roger

Posts: 475 | Location: Fayetteville, GA | Registered: 12 August 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Brass is in stock

https://www.buffaloarms.com/45...-f-ber450400238.html

I do not own a rifle in that caliber but do have brass and dies as well as some partially formed cases. My dies are not for sale but I have some surplus brass.

Why not? It is Fraser, you will have fun with it.

Posts: 227 | Location: Boulder mountains | Registered: 09 February 2024Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of bpesteve
posted Hide Post
The other possible source of brass is the RWS stuff in 10,3x60R, which is the metric designation for the 450/400 2-3/8". The 10,3 version has been quite popular in Switzerland as a hunting cartridge. Huntington's used to have RWS 10,3x60R in stock regularly.

Posts: 969 | Location: paradise with an ocean view | Registered: 09 April 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of McKay
posted Hide Post
Does anyone know if there is anyone stocking RWS in the US anymore?

Mac

Posts: 1725 | Location: Salt Lake City, UT | Registered: 01 February 2007Reply With Quote