THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM DOUBLE RIFLES FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Rifles  Hop To Forums  Double Rifles    First loads crossing - Verney Carron follow ups, not a negative Searcy review
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

First loads crossing - Verney Carron follow ups, not a negative Searcy review
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of Mike Brooks
posted Hide Post
Just for a FYI gentlemen, Mr Wilde totally changed his post after the title was changed.

He ranted and called names. then supposedly quoteing conversations between KEBCO and Snowwolfe.
Unless he's tied in with Area 51 and had tapped into the email and phone lines theres no way that he could have known this unless he was fed the info by someone.

Let's just drop this whole thread.

(edited for typos not context)

NRA Life
ASSRA Life
DRSS

Today's Quote:
Give a man a fish and he eats for a day. Give a man a welfare check, a free cell phone with free monthly minutes, food stamps, section 8 housing, a forty ounce malt liquor, a crack pipe and some Air Jordan's and he votes Democrat for a lifetime.

Posts: 4096 | Location: Cherkasy Ukraine  | Registered: 19 November 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of jorge
posted Hide Post
Mike was (is) absolutely right we should drop this and I was until you started with that "VC Clique" bullshit.

You changed it because you got pissed. The searcy was not shooting to your liking as stated below (preserved just in case you got creative editing syndrome again) with the FACTORY AMMO it was regulated with. Since later you posted it was shooting great with 500gr Hornadys, one can only conclude it was still shooting not to specs with FACTORY ammo that is loaded with 480gr bullets vice 500.

Here is your quote for the record:

quote:
Originally posted by Snowwolfe:
Finally took my Searcy 450 NE to the range today to try her out. It is shooting 3-4 inches low which is a surprise since I specified it shoot 1 inch high at 50 yards when ordering it. But that should be an easy fit with either a lower rear sight blade or lower front sight bead.

Load was the regulation load supplied by Searcy which is 94 grains of IRM 4831 under a Hornady 500 grain soft point seated to a C.O.L. of 3.95-4 inches. Using good double resting techniques every 2 shot group crossed at 50 yards. Groups were about 1 - 1.5 inches with the right barrel hitting to the left and the left hitting to the right. Should be an easy fix to get them regulated and I suspect should drop the load by 2 grains and try that first. Thoughts?

Akmike did have some factory Hornadys loaded with solids and offered me a couple to try. They hit within 3/4 of an inch of each other and only crossed by about 3/8's of an inch. Which could of easily been my fault.

Very solid rifle with a slight learning curve to learning how to shoot it. Oh, and if you buy some Hornady brass make sure you run it through the sizer first because some were very difficult to chamber.

Crossing and off POI and it wasn't the rifle's fault as again Searcy's reputation for regulation is beyond reproach and you even state they crossed with factory loads {sic} about 3/8", so by immaculate conception, the rifle had an epiphamy and now shoots great.
The fact you changed the title of the thread is disingenous to the extreme and in and of itself speaks volumes. We'll part ways and good luck with all your rifles.

USN (ret)
DRSS Verney-Carron 450NE
Cogswell & Harrison 375 Fl NE
Sabatti Big Five 375 FL Magnum NE
DSC Life Member
NRA Life Member

Posts: 7149 | Location: Orange Park, Florida. USA | Registered: 22 March 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Not sure why you keep on bringing the Searcy rifle back into the mix after I repeatedly stated it was regulated perfectly.

You will not be missed. Enjoy your Verney Carron with it's changing elevation.

I made my last post on this thread so you guys can get in the last words and insult me all you like.

My biggest fear is when I die my wife will sell my guns for what I told her they cost.

Posts: 6644 | Location: Wasilla, Alaska | Registered: 22 February 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of DoubleDon
posted Hide Post
quote:
I would still consider them for a future rifle build knowing I was taken care of if the price was right."

Fat chance of that ever happening. You burned that bridge. Can't see them ever building a gun for you!! Do believe you have earned number 1 status on the "banned for life" list. Wink

Deo Vindice,

Don

Sons of Confederate Veterans Black Horse Camp #780

Posts: 1706 | Location: Virginia | Registered: 01 February 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of jorge
posted Hide Post
quote:
Not sure why you keep on bringing the Searcy rifle back into the mix after I repeatedly stated it was regulated perfectly.

I must admit English is my second language:

quote:
It is shooting 3-4 inches low which is a surprise since I specified it shoot 1 inch high at 50 yards when ordering it. But that should be an easy fit with either a lower rear sight blade or lower front sight bead.

Load was the regulation load supplied by Searcy which is 94 grains of IRM 4831 under a Hornady 500 grain soft point seated to a C.O.L. of 3.95-4 inches. Using good double resting techniques every 2 shot group crossed at 50 yards. [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]Originally posted by Snowwolfe:
Akmike did have some factory Hornadys loaded with solids and offered me a couple to try. They hit within 3/4 of an inch of each other and only crossed by about 3/8's of an inch. Which could of easily been my fault.

Your words, so which is it, regulation or your fault?

USN (ret)
DRSS Verney-Carron 450NE
DSC Life Member
NRA Life Member

Posts: 7149 | Location: Orange Park, Florida. USA | Registered: 22 March 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Mike Brooks
posted Hide Post
Jorge, They shot the same with me at the triggers. His hand loads were printing the same groupings as the factory shells. Both shot very high and crossed.

Again Gents.. lets drop this and hopefully the new owner will have it fixed or at the very least have better luck with it.

NRA Life
ASSRA Life
DRSS

Today's Quote:
Give a man a fish and he eats for a day. Give a man a welfare check, a free cell phone with free monthly minutes, food stamps, section 8 housing, a forty ounce malt liquor, a crack pipe and some Air Jordan's and he votes Democrat for a lifetime.

Posts: 4096 | Location: Cherkasy Ukraine  | Registered: 19 November 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of jorge
posted Hide Post
Mike, it's never been an issue of veracity. jorge

USN (ret)
DRSS Verney-Carron 450NE
DSC Life Member
NRA Life Member

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Mike Brooks:
Just for a FYI gentlemen, Mr Wilde totally changed his post after the title was changed.

He ranted and called names. then supposedly quoteing conversations between KEBCO and Snowwolfe.
Unless he's tied in with Area 51 and had tapped into the email and phone lines theres no way that he could have known this unless he was fed the info by someone.

Let's just drop this whole thread.

(edited for typos not context)

It was hardly a rant and the only name I called was I called Snowolf out as being a POS for what is obviously an attempt on his part to put VC and Kebco in a poor light by changing the thread title and his posting the crap about "there's that word again if people want to do a web search".

What I deleted from my post were some pretty unflattering details of your pal's conduct in his dealings in regards to the rifle. I agree with Jorge that I hope this controversy doesn't have a negative effect on Kebco as Ken is faultless in this mess.

I do agree with you on one point however, and that is that we drop it.

Posts: 179 | Location: Andromeda Galaxy | Registered: 02 March 2010Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of DoubleDon
posted Hide Post
I see that Randy has changed the topic yet again. What a loser!! Roll Eyes Stay tuned for the nut case's next topic change. Big Grin

Deo Vindice,

Don

One of Us
Picture of jorge
posted Hide Post
quote:
Finally took my Searcy 450 NE to the range today to try her out. It is shooting 3-4 inches low which is a surprise since I specified it shoot 1 inch high at 50 yards when ordering it. But that should be an easy fit with either a lower rear sight blade or lower front sight bead.

Load was the regulation load supplied by Searcy which is 94 grains of IRM 4831 under a Hornady 500 grain soft point seated to a C.O.L. of 3.95-4 inches. Using good double resting techniques every 2 shot group crossed at 50 yards. Groups were about 1 - 1.5 inches with the right barrel hitting to the left and the left hitting to the right. Akmike did have some factory Hornadys loaded with solids and offered me a couple to try. They hit within 3/4 of an inch of each other and only crossed by about 3/8's of an inch. Which could of easily been my fault.

Somehow his Searcy was allegedly crossing with both factory and hand loads, then by BFM (black fucking magic) it stopped yet the thread says it's about a VC. Wonderful thread about besmerching two great riflemakers..

Mskes for a good case study in all sorts of pathologies....

USN (ret)
DRSS Verney-Carron 450NE
DSC Life Member
NRA Life Member

One of Us
Picture of DoubleDon
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jorge:
quote:

Load was the regulation load supplied by Searcy which is 94 grains of IRM 4831 under a Hornady 500 grain soft point seated to a C.O.L. of 3.95-4 inches. Using good double resting techniques every 2 shot group crossed at 50 yards. Groups were about 1 - 1.5 inches with the right barrel hitting to the left and the left hitting to the right. Akmike did have some factory Hornadys loaded with solids and offered me a couple to try. They hit within 3/4 of an inch of each other and only crossed by about 3/8's of an inch. Which could of easily been my fault.

Somehow his Searcy was allegedly crossing with both factory and hand loads, then by BFM (black fucking magic) it stopped

Jorge, LMFAO!! jumping beer

Deo Vindice,

Don

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Deleted my comments as it is simply not worth my time.

Butch and I already discussed this thread and he knows the rifle he built for me shoots great.

My biggest fear is when I die my wife will sell my guns for what I told her they cost.

Posts: 6644 | Location: Wasilla, Alaska | Registered: 22 February 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of jorge
posted Hide Post
quote:
I made my last post on this thread so you guys can get in the last words and insult me all you like.

NOBODY doubted your Searcy shoots great, NOBODY. they are superb rifles.
What's at issue here is you incessant complaining about EVERYTHING, from promtness of correspondence, bad sights, regulation, etc you seem to have, if I'm wrong what was the ORIGINAL title and subsequent complaint about?

And while I think of it regarding the Hein fiasco, intelligence had nothing to do with it for as it has been pointed out, you asked for a refund WAY before there was even a hint of fraud. So follow your own advice, stop posting and stop digging, the hole's deep enough already.

Man I hate this...

USN (ret)
DRSS Verney-Carron 450NE
DSC Life Member
NRA Life Member