THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM DOUBLE RIFLES FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Rifles  Hop To Forums  Double Rifles    New Searcy 450/400 3inch in Houston
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

New Searcy 450/400 3inch in Houston
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of Rusty
posted
I got to lay hands on the latest Searcy 450/400 3 inch that came into town this week! Nice rifle! From what I saw of the two targets, it's a tack driver! As with all of Butch's rifles it had a beautiful piece of wood on it and handles very nicely!

Perhaps we can get the new owner to post some pictures?

Rusty
We Band of Brothers!
DRSS, NRA & SCI Life Member

"I am rejoiced at my fate. Do not be uneasy about me, for I am with my friends."
----- David Crockett in his last letter (to his children), January 9th, 1836
"I will never forsake Texas and her cause. I am her son." ----- Jose Antonio Navarro, from Mexican Prison in 1841
"for I have sworn upon the altar of god eternal hostility against every form of tyranny over the mind of man." Thomas Jefferson
Declaration of Arbroath April 6, 1320-“. . .It is not for glory, nor riches, nor honours that we are fighting, but for freedom - for that alone, which no honest man gives up but with life itself.”

Posts: 9797 | Location: Missouri City, Texas | Registered: 21 June 2000Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
The new owner should be ASHAMED that he has not yet posted pictures of his new arrival and is taunting us by his silence.,.

SCI Life Member
DSC Life Member

Posts: 2018 | Location: Colorado | Registered: 20 May 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Yeah! Damn that guy!!! stir

Congrats!!! thumb

JW

One of Us
Picture of 577NitroExpress
posted Hide Post
Who's the new owner?

577NitroExpress
Double Rifle Shooters Society
Francotte .470 Nitro Express

If stupidity hurt, a lot of people would be walking around screaming...

Posts: 2789 | Location: Bucks County, Pennsylvania | Registered: 08 June 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of MJines
posted Hide Post
Some people are just a-holes, what can I say.

Mike

Posts: 21392 | Registered: 03 January 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Wow. That is about the best looking Searcy I have seen! And that test target is incredible.

Congratulations, Mike!

SCI Life Member
DSC Life Member

Posts: 2018 | Location: Colorado | Registered: 20 May 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Hey, I know that a-hole Big Grin Now maybe somebody will finally SEND ME A FRIGGIN SLUG

Posts: 437 | Location: WY | Registered: 16 November 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Enjoy the new rifle, especially hunting with it!

Jack

OH GOD! {Seriously, we need the help.}

Posts: 2791 | Location: USA - East Coast | Registered: 10 December 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Hog Killer
posted Hide Post
Mike, I am looking forward to seeing if your Searcy will stop DWJs as fast as your Chapius did. clap

Knowing how well you shoot, that target proves how well Butch can regulate a set of barrels.

Thanks for posting thte picturtes,

Keith

IGNORE YOUR RIGHTS AND THEY'LL GO AWAY!!!
------------------------------------
We Band of Bubbas & STC Hunting Club, The Whomper Club

Posts: 4553 | Location: Walker Co.,Texas | Registered: 05 September 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Nice looking and shooting double.

How much does she weigh?

DOUBLE RIFLE SHOOTERS SOCIETY

Posts: 16134 | Location: Texas | Registered: 06 April 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of MJines
posted Hide Post
Weighs right at 10 pounds without the scope.

Thanks for the kind comments.

Mike

one of us
Picture of MacD37
posted Hide Post
Congratulations sir! There is one thing nobody can top Butch on. and that is the accuracy of his regulating of his rifles! You've got a Buffalo killer there Man! thumb

....Mac >>>===(x)===> MacD37, ...and DUGABOY1
DRSS Charter member
"If I die today, I've had a life well spent, for I've been to see the Elephant, and smelled the smoke of Africa!"~ME 1982

Hands of Old Elmer Keith

Posts: 14634 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: 08 June 2000Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of bwanamrm
posted Hide Post
Very nice, Mike. And she's a shooter to boot! Congrats.

On the plains of hesitation lie the bleached bones of ten thousand, who on the dawn of victory lay down their weary heads resting, and there resting, died.

If you can talk with crowds and keep your virtue,
Or walk with Kings - nor lose the common touch...
Yours is the Earth and everything that's in it,
And - which is more - you'll be a Man, my son!
- Rudyard Kipling

Life grows grim without senseless indulgence.

Posts: 7542 | Location: Victoria, Texas | Registered: 30 March 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I am supposed to have one within the month. The same as yours but the action will be engraved and case hardened.

Traded my fantasticly accurate .470 Searcy in on it..the gun that Butch won the Nationals with.

Ray Atkinson
Atkinson Hunting Adventures
10 Ward Lane,
Filer, Idaho, 83328
208-731-4120

rayatkinsonhunting@gmail.com

Posts: 41979 | Location: Twin Falls, Idaho | Registered: 04 June 2000Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
very nice!!! congrats to you!!

DRSS

Posts: 1155 | Location: Pamplico, SC USA | Registered: 24 August 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Wow ... a beautiful tack driver! Talk about the best of both worlds.

Looks to me like Butch really is reaching his stride with product like this!

Mike

--------------
DRSS, Womper's Club, NRA Life Member/Charter Member NRA Golden Eagles ...
Knifemaker, http://www.mstarling.com

Posts: 6199 | Location: Charleston, WV | Registered: 31 August 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of ozhunter
posted Hide Post
You are killing me Mad
My Searcy 400J Classic is ready. Just have to wait for those US export permits now... boohoo
What grade is that beautiful rifle?
ozhunter

Posts: 5886 | Location: Sydney,Australia  | Registered: 03 July 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of MJines
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ozhunter:
What grade is that beautiful rifle?
ozhunter

It is For-Sale-On-The-Internet grade. Butch advertised this rifle on the internet last week and I bought it the same day. I am like my kids, waiting a month, much less twelve months, is more than I can stand for anything.

Mike

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Maui-Wowi!!!

The wod alone would cost 2-3K....Good grab Mike!!!

Jack???? Any doubt a Searcy would fit the bill for you??? (you'd have an awesome rifle and 30K to spend on a safari to use it on!!!)

JW

One of Us
Picture of jimatcat
posted Hide Post
i see why you got rid of the heym and chapuis....congrats on the searcy.... beer... when i talked to dale sat night, he was waiting on customs to clear the chapuis so he could ship....he assured me i'd have it for the weekend....

go big or go home ........

DSC-- Life Member
NRA--Life member
DRSS--9.3x74 r Chapuis

Posts: 2833 | Location: dividing my time between san angelo and victoria texas.......... USA | Registered: 26 July 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
MJines, that is the prettiest wood I think I have ever seen on a Searcy. Great looking rifle!!

Posts: 929 | Location: southern illinois | Registered: 29 July 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Doc52
posted Hide Post
All I can say is SWEET!

Doc52
B. Searcy & Co .577 NE
Double Rifle Shooters Society

"Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well armed lamb contesting the vote!"

Benjamin Franklin 1759

Posts: 241 | Location: Bucks County, Pennsylvania | Registered: 26 April 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Charles_Helm
posted Hide Post

Posts: 8773 | Location: Republic of Texas | Registered: 24 April 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Very nice! Very nice! Very nice! clap jumping
Bill

Member DSC,DRSS,NRA,TSRA
A man who carries a cat by the tail learns something he can learn in no other way.
-Mark Twain
There ought to be one day - just one – when there is open season on Congressmen.
~Will Rogers~

Posts: 1132 | Location: Fort Worth, Texas | Registered: 09 May 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
MJ
I notice that on Mr. Butch's site that he's got a used Field Grade 470 for sale, was that yours as a trade in?

Lo do they call to me,
They bid me take my place
among them in the Halls of Valhalla,
Where the brave may live forever.

Picture of Canuck
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Doc52:
All I can say is SWEET!

That was exactly the same thought that first came to my mind.

Beautiful rifle.

My "lifetime to-do list" has one of those on it. Smiler I have learned, however, that a good cure for the need for instant gratification is "NSF" (non-sufficient funds). Wink

Cheers,
Canuck

Posts: 7121 | Location: The Rock (southern V.I.) | Registered: 27 February 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of MJines
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 475Guy:
MJ
I notice that on Mr. Butch's site that he's got a used Field Grade 470 for sale, was that yours as a trade in?

No. Not sure what the history is on that one. Call Butch is very open and candid in discussing such matters.

Mike

one of us
Picture of Bill/Oregon
posted Hide Post
That's my dream rifle you have there Mike. Just g=bloody gorgeous. I'd better keep buying lottery tickets.

There is hope, even when your brain tells you there isn’t.
– John Green, author

Posts: 16532 | Location: Sweetwater, TX | Registered: 03 June 2000Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of MJines
posted Hide Post
Bill,

Just let me know if you are ever in the area and we will haul it out the range and let you put it through its paces. Wink

Mike

One of Us
Picture of Gun toter
posted Hide Post
Mike,
that is a fine looking rig. Well done Butch!

Is this gun one of the guns Luxus Walnut was talking about building with Butch? It looks like what they were descibing in a post i read here on AR. I would like to know.
That looks like some of there wood.

Thats a lot of double rifle for the money.

I love my Avatar Too Fellas.

Posts: 190 | Location: Under my dancing Avatar | Registered: 01 June 2007Reply With Quote