THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM DOUBLE RIFLES FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Rifles  Hop To Forums  Double Rifles    REMINGTON BAIKAL DOUBLE RIFLE
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

REMINGTON BAIKAL DOUBLE RIFLE
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
NOTE :

listed on gunsinternational.com is a new side x side BAIKAL double rifle for $999,95 plus $25 shipping

TOMO577
DOUBLE RIFLE SHOOTERS SOCIETY

Posts: 1144 | Location: west of erie, pa | Registered: 15 September 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
could not find it

Posts: 159 | Location: Salt Lake City, Utah | Registered: 15 February 2006Reply With Quote
posted Hide Post
Search for 'Baikal'. It's chambered for .30-06.

George

Posts: 14623 | Location: San Antonio, TX | Registered: 22 May 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of El Deguello
posted Hide Post
The MSRP on the 2008 Remington Arms site is around $750.00. I saw one on GB for that, and three more for 1K.... all '06's, no .45/70's.

"Bitte, trinks du nicht das Wasser. Dahin haben die Kuhen gesheissen."

Posts: 4386 | Location: New Woodstock, Madison County, Central NY | Registered: 04 January 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Mike Brooks
posted Hide Post
There was one listed as a Remmy but it looked like an EAA 12 ga conversion because of the slide in barrel tubes and nuts on the muzzle end.

NRA Life
ASSRA Life
DRSS

Today's Quote:
Give a man a fish and he eats for a day. Give a man a welfare check, a free cell phone with free monthly minutes, food stamps, section 8 housing, a forty ounce malt liquor, a crack pipe and some Air Jordan's and he votes Democrat for a lifetime.

Posts: 4096 | Location: Cherkasy Ukraine  | Registered: 19 November 2005Reply With Quote
Picture of jeffeosso
posted Hide Post
i talked to remmie last week, still a few 30-06 coming in and the 45/70 "next quarter"

#dumptrump

opinions vary band of bubbas and STC hunting Club

Information on Ammoguide about
the416AR, 458AR, 470AR, 500AR
What is an AR round? Case Drawings 416-458-470AR and 500AR.
476AR,
http://www.weaponsmith.com

Posts: 38612 | Location: Conroe, TX | Registered: 01 June 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of El Deguello
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jeffeosso:
i talked to remmie last week, still a few 30-06 coming in and the 45/70 "next quarter"

"next quarter" of a century? A millenium? An epoch?? What??

"Bitte, trinks du nicht das Wasser. Dahin haben die Kuhen gesheissen."

Posts: 4386 | Location: New Woodstock, Madison County, Central NY | Registered: 04 January 2005Reply With Quote
Picture of jeffeosso
posted Hide Post
Eon
I'll take double or nothing that they have it by the first day of the next eon

#dumptrump

opinions vary band of bubbas and STC hunting Club

Information on Ammoguide about
the416AR, 458AR, 470AR, 500AR
What is an AR round? Case Drawings 416-458-470AR and 500AR.
476AR,
http://www.weaponsmith.com

Posts: 38612 | Location: Conroe, TX | Registered: 01 June 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of foxfire
posted Hide Post
Here it is on auction arms

No good deed goes unpunished.

Posts: 359 | Location: Long Island, New York | Registered: 28 November 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of NMcollektor
posted Hide Post
This one in 45-70 sold last week on Gunbroker:

https://www.gunbroker.com/item/785362782

"Brevity is the sole of wit." - Rudyard Kipling.

Posts: 111 | Location: Rio Rancho, NM | Registered: 28 November 2017Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of cal pappas
posted Hide Post
My grandfather told me one gets what one pays for.
A double rifle for under 1000$ speaks volumes.
Cal

Cal Pappas, Willow, Alaska
www.CalPappas.com
www.CalPappas.blogspot.com
1994 Zimbabwe
1997 Zimbabwe
1998 Zimbabwe
1999 Zimbabwe
1999 Namibia, Botswana, Zambia--vacation
2000 Australia
2002 South Africa
2003 South Africa
2003 Zimbabwe
2005 South Africa
2005 Zimbabwe
2006 Tanzania
2006 Zimbabwe--vacation
2007 Zimbabwe--vacation
2008 Zimbabwe
2012 Australia
2013 South Africa
2013 Zimbabwe
2013 Australia
2016 Zimbabwe
2017 Zimbabwe
2018 South Africa
2018 Zimbabwe--vacation
2019 South Africa
2019 Botswana
2019 Zimbabwe vacation
2021 South Africa
2021 South Africa (2nd hunt a month later)

Posts: 7281 | Location: Willow, Alaska | Registered: 29 June 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I saw 2 of them a couple of years ago, one of them had gunsmith adjusted triggers, good sights, the other one was stock , triggers were horrible.

I saw a picture of a Pedersoli in .450 Ne and .450-400 with hammers, that one looked very good.a few thousand dollars more, but good option i think.

was mr Rigby before a pc crash

Posts: 158 | Location: Kristiansand, Norway | Registered: 05 August 2009Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of MacD37
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by cal pappas:
My grandfather told me one gets what one pays for.
A double rifle for under 1000$ speaks volumes.
Cal

I agree fully! One of our members brought one of those doubles down to the 4K hunt a few years ago. At that time they were selling for $700, and I was not ready for what I saw when he pulled the little rifle out of the soft case. I fully expected to see something far more bailing wire type of work than I did. For $700 the little Remington/Biakal was a pleasant surprise. The wood was better than some of the field grade doubles that costs thousands more, and rust blue was fairly well done.

Of course this might have been one out of several hundred that was simply a fluke that just happened to get the best of the parts on the assembly line at Biakal. I have no idea how the thing shot, because nobody shot it at that get together of the DRSS after the Dallas Safari show. But again That one rifle did surprise me, but not enough to get me to buy one! If one was available chambered for 22 Hornet I might be tempted however!

…………………………………………………... Cool old

....Mac >>>===(x)===> MacD37, ...and DUGABOY1
DRSS Charter member
"If I die today, I've had a life well spent, for I've been to see the Elephant, and smelled the smoke of Africa!"~ME 1982

Hands of Old Elmer Keith

Posts: 14634 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: 08 June 2000Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of vlwtx348
posted Hide Post
I had one in .45-70.
It was ugly as sin but shot well. Even had a scope mount with it.

Posts: 310 | Location: NE Texas | Registered: 12 February 2012Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of JCS271
posted Hide Post
I have one in 30-06 I bought about 6 or 7 years ago.$600 out the door from the gun shop. Slim Trim and shoots great. It has been a pleasant surprise! Threw a Skinner aperture sight on it and it is a great little field gun.

"The difference between adventure and disaster is preparation."
"The problem with quoting info from the internet is that you can never be sure it is accurate" Abraham Lincoln

Posts: 1626 | Location: Montana Territory | Registered: 27 March 2010Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of D R Hunter
posted Hide Post
FYI - This thread was started by a fellow who has been deceased for several years now.

D/R Hunter

Correct bullet placement, combined with the required depth of bullet penetration, results in an anchored animal...

Posts: 997 | Location: Florida - A Little North of Tampa  | Registered: 07 August 2012Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of dpcd
posted Hide Post
Ok, here is a personal report; I own 3 of them; two 06s and one 45-70. Yes, the wood is plain, and triggers around 5 pounds, but they shoot better than most of mine that cost ten to 15 times more. As in, into one inch at 50 yards, and have been totally reliable. I restocked one.
I only have one other one that shoots as well as the Baikals; a new Chapuis x4 9.3.
So, don't poo poo them unless you have actually owned one and fired it. They are not fancy but very serviceable.
Get what you pay for? In this case, many times more. I have owned doubles that would not come anywhere close in regulation.
Not suitable for everyone though, obviously.

Posts: 17181 | Location: USA | Registered: 02 August 2009Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Fjold
posted Hide Post
I have one in 45.70 that I bought for $700. The left barrel shoots three shots int 3/4" at 50 yards and the right barrel will hold an inch but the two groups are 8" apart in elevation.

The adjustment spring assembly broke years ago and I was considering sending it to a smith to fix but haven't gotten around to it.

Frank

"I don't know what there is about buffalo that frightens me so.....He looks like he hates you personally. He looks like you owe him money."
- Robert Ruark, Horn of the Hunter, 1953

NRA Life, SAF Life, CRPA Life, DRSS lite

Posts: 12600 | Location: Kentucky, USA | Registered: 30 December 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Bill/Oregon
posted Hide Post
I briefly owned one in .45-70 several years ago, back when guys were talking about reaming them to .45-120. Jeffe, didn't I sell it to you?
Wow that thing was light. Running the Remington 405s at more than 1800 was distinctly unpleasant.

There is hope, even when your brain tells you there isn’t.
– John Green, author

Posts: 16532 | Location: Sweetwater, TX | Registered: 03 June 2000Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of dpcd
posted Hide Post
Yes, the 45-70s are very light.
Your barrels can be fixed, and are easily adjusted/regulated by soldering the front band on instead of it being pinned to one barrel..

Posts: 17181 | Location: USA | Registered: 02 August 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of NMcollektor
posted Hide Post
My friend owns one in 45-70 and it is very pleasant to shoot. It's well made for the price.

The trigger is very basic but the groupings are solid (enough) at 50 yards - probably 2 inch groups with 3" in elevation difference left to right.

"Brevity is the sole of wit." - Rudyard Kipling.

Posts: 111 | Location: Rio Rancho, NM | Registered: 28 November 2017Reply With Quote