THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM DOUBLE RIFLES FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Rifles  Hop To Forums  Double Rifles    Got to shoot the new Sabatti
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Got to shoot the new Sabatti
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
470NE at 35 paces. This is the first time I ever fired a double rifle. Like most have stated, I think it's too light for a 470NE, but what do I know, it's also the first time I've shot a 470NE............

All the rounds were fired off shooting sticks with my hand on the sticks and the rifle in my hand. That's 10 shots, if the three hadn't got away from me it would be a pretty good group IMHO.

The bullet holes in the oval are the 470, my friend was plinking at my target with a 22 revolver.

I was shooting Hornady 500g DGS. I am sure a bit of practice will firm things up but I will be getting a better recoil pad and maybe a recoil reducer.

Posts: 41785 | Location: Crosby and Barksdale, Texas | Registered: 18 September 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of jorge
posted Hide Post
That's a very good group JTEX. Now what you have to discern is what barrel is shooting where and to see if they are crossing. Regardless, that's a good group! jorge

USN (ret)
DRSS Verney-Carron 450NE
Cogswell & Harrison 375 Fl NE
Sabatti Big Five 375 FL Magnum NE
DSC Life Member
NRA Life Member

Posts: 7145 | Location: Orange Park, Florida. USA | Registered: 22 March 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of DoubleDon
posted Hide Post
+1

Set up 2 targets. Shoot the right target with the right barrel. Shoot the left target with the left barrel. No mysteries...it's not that complicated.

Deo Vindice,

Don

Sons of Confederate Veterans Black Horse Camp #780

Posts: 1696 | Location: Virginia | Registered: 01 February 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of dpcd
posted Hide Post
Bring your girlfriend to the range. Use her lipstick and smear it on one bullet and load that one in the left barrel. You will know right away which one that is on the target. Or, she could just look through the spottinc scope and tell you.

Posts: 17118 | Location: USA | Registered: 02 August 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Bring your girlfriend to the range.

That's a great idea.....but what do I do if my wife finds out?????

Posts: 41785 | Location: Crosby and Barksdale, Texas | Registered: 18 September 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of peterdk
posted Hide Post

Posts: 1336 | Location: denmark | Registered: 01 September 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
jumping yuck yuck

Heck I just about pissed myself with that one

Walter Enslin
kwansafaris@mweb.co.za
DRSS- 500NE Sabatti
450 Rigby
416 Rigby

Posts: 512 | Location: South Africa, Mozambique, USA,  | Registered: 09 November 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of LionHunter
posted Hide Post
Walter,

How did your Sabatti 500 make it through the season and did you use it?

Mike
NRA Life
Sables Life
Mzuri
IPHA

"To be a Marine is enough."

Posts: 3577 | Location: Silicon Valley | Registered: 19 November 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of dpcd
posted Hide Post
It goes without saying; Never let your wife know about that arrangement.

Posts: 17118 | Location: USA | Registered: 02 August 2009Reply With Quote