THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM DOUBLE RIFLES FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Rifles  Hop To Forums  Double Rifles    Remington Spartan Discontinued
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Remington Spartan Discontinued
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
Well gents, it looks like the prophets knew what would happen, but we can only (GUESS?) the reason. Just recd. word from a guy in the Remington booth at a trade show in Las Vegas that the infamous Spartan side by side rifle is discontinued. Cheers

Posts: 363 | Location: pueblo, Co. USA | Registered: 01 July 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
That's terrible news ! CRYBABY I wanted so much to get one in 45-70 and take it to Africa to take the Big Five !! rotflmo ...I'll just have to stay home and use my 45-70 single shot on deer , they only take one round ! thumb

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Like many here, I am shocked to hear this. Wink

One of Us
Picture of Mike Brooks
posted Hide Post
Gee Whizz,,, (sniff, sniff) I'm sadddened.

Wink

NRA Life
ASSRA Life
DRSS

Today's Quote:
Give a man a fish and he eats for a day. Give a man a welfare check, a free cell phone with free monthly minutes, food stamps, section 8 housing, a forty ounce malt liquor, a crack pipe and some Air Jordan's and he votes Democrat for a lifetime.

Posts: 4096 | Location: Cherkasy Ukraine  | Registered: 19 November 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Well what sad news.

That just saved a heap of band width and pages
on AR, NE and other gun forums !!!

Posts: 3191 | Location: Victoria, Australia | Registered: 01 March 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Now the price on Spartans will skyrocket !

TOMO577
DOUBLE RIFLE SHOOTERS SOCIETY

Posts: 1144 | Location: west of erie, pa | Registered: 15 September 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Wink
posted Hide Post
I never even got to see one.

AR, where the hopeless, hysterical hypochondriacs of history become the nattering nabobs of negativisim.

Posts: 7046 | Location: Rambouillet, France | Registered: 25 June 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Wink:
I never even got to see one.

Don't worry, wasn't much to see anyway !!!

Much more important things in the world to
see that those.

Posts: 3191 | Location: Victoria, Australia | Registered: 01 March 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Mike Brooks
posted Hide Post
Does anyone want to venture a guess who'll be the next to give it a try? The ChiComs at Norinco? (Think cheaper labor than the Russians)

NRA Life
ASSRA Life
DRSS

Today's Quote:
Give a man a fish and he eats for a day. Give a man a welfare check, a free cell phone with free monthly minutes, food stamps, section 8 housing, a forty ounce malt liquor, a crack pipe and some Air Jordan's and he votes Democrat for a lifetime.

Posts: 4096 | Location: Cherkasy Ukraine  | Registered: 19 November 2005Reply With Quote
Picture of jeffeosso
posted Hide Post
yet another misconception ...

I am on the phone with rem RIGHT NOW ...
non-catalog item ... 30-06 are still coming in, 45/70 are still planned 1q/08

tom, how many did you buy up?

opinions vary band of bubbas and STC hunting Club

Information on Ammoguide about
the416AR, 458AR, 470AR, 500AR
What is an AR round? Case Drawings 416-458-470AR and 500AR.
476AR,
http://www.weaponsmith.com

Posts: 39686 | Location: Conroe, TX | Registered: 01 June 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Wasn't Remington just the importer of these? The implication is that someone else can import them instead of Remington.
Peter.

Be without fear in the face of your enemies. Be brave and upright, that God may love thee. Speak the truth always, even if it leads to your death. Safeguard the helpless and do no wrong;

Posts: 10515 | Location: Jacksonville, Florida | Registered: 09 January 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of jimatcat
posted Hide Post
savage-stevens.... stir

go big or go home ........

DSC-- Life Member
NRA--Life member
DRSS--9.3x74 r Chapuis

Posts: 2842 | Location: dividing my time between san angelo and victoria texas.......... USA | Registered: 26 July 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Spartan is the Remington version of the Russian rifle. In Russia, it is called Ñоздатель widow. Or женщина Ñупруг мертв от плохой винтовки.

SCI Life Member
DSC Life Member

Posts: 2018 | Location: Colorado | Registered: 20 May 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Thanks Jim shocker

Never rode a bull, but have shot some.

NRA life member
NRA LEO firearms instructor (retired)
NRA Golden Eagles member

Posts: 1510 | Location: Camp Verde, AZ | Registered: 13 December 2005Reply With Quote
Picture of jeffeosso
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Jim Manion:
Spartan is the Remington version of the Russian rifle. In Russia, it is called Ñоздатель widow. Or женщина Ñупруг мертв от плохой винтовки.

too funny
the spouse [of] The woman is dead from a bad rifle.

but isn't вдова widow?

"i didn't receive that which i thought i was purchasing, at a high price"
Я был ввернут, доверÑÑ Ñ‡Ð°Ñтной компании продавца нефти змеи

476AR,

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Jeffe

I thought вдова was an old woman, but you could be correct.

SCI Life Member
DSC Life Member

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Well since Remington pulled the plug,who's going to pick the ball and run? Ruger should but not going to.Maybe Browning no,well who? This is alway the problem just when the working class think they have good thing it not.So when will the working class hunter enjoy the good life? I knew this would happen anytime a group buy a company they pull the plug,will we ever see the so Spartan agin? This is my take.

Posts: 52 | Location: newcastle delaware | Registered: 09 January 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Mike Brooks
posted Hide Post
Ñоздатель widow.( Roughly means 'widow maker') женщина Ñупруг мертв от плохой винтовки.(Roughly means womans husband that was killed by bad rifle.) And вдова Does indeed mean widow. You guys are pretty good!( Even if you're Texans..)WinkWink

NRA Life
ASSRA Life
DRSS

Today's Quote:

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by n/a:
Well since Remington pulled the plug,who's going to pick the ball and run?

Who TF would want to ?

Seriously, with what people are wanting to do
to these guns and the "problems" already,
I think whoever would be leaving themselves
wide open.

Tha's my take on it.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
I heard the ACME company is looking into picking up the ball. At least that's what I heard from Wyle E. Coyote....

SCI Life Member
DSC Life Member

Picture of jeffeosso
posted Hide Post
remington is not dropping the spr22

the sky is falling... as tommy thought he could buy up all the 30-06s and make a mint...

remington has made damn certain they 45s will take at least 28K loads
and they will, but at "modern" loads, they were cracking ....

and, just a little QC, they are going to being in them spr22 in 45/70 that ACTUALLY is safe...

shesh... stop whistling in the dark... it aint gunna impact the price of ya'll high dolar guns... itll still be an eastern european cheap made rifle...

kind of like a CZ....

no wait...................

476AR,

Picture of jeffeosso
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by n/a:
I knew this would happen anytime a group buy a company they pull the plug,will we ever see the so Spartan agin? This is my take.

yeah, and this "group" just happens to have bought marlin .. yeah, they don't want guns in the hands of shooters...

and a simular group (very much, actually) just bought chrysler... think they are going to can the viper and the v-10 truck?

NO... niche products improve general sales.. and remington has NEVER, since brass cases, had this much interest in a rifle.

476AR,

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
So when will the working class hunter enjoy the good life?

After the revolution, Comrade!

DRSS

"If we're not supposed to eat animals, why are they made out of meat?"

"PS. To add a bit of Pappasonian philosophy: this single barrel stuff is just a passing fad. Bolt actions and single shots will fade away as did disco, the hula hoop, and bell-bottomed pants. Doubles will rule the world!"

Posts: 815 | Location: MT | Registered: 14 November 2004Reply With Quote