THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM DOUBLE RIFLES FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Rifles  Hop To Forums  Double Rifles    Merry Christmas from John Rigby London
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Merry Christmas from John Rigby London
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of peterdk
posted
We would like to wish all AR members and wiewers, a merry christmas and a happy new year.

so we desided to give a quick prewiew of a Rising third bite double rifle action ( 450 NE class) in the works at this moment. Enjoy Smiler

Sorry about the picture quality Frowner

warm regards

peter

Posts: 1336 | Location: denmark | Registered: 01 September 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Peter, great to see a timeless classic re-incarnated (re-steeled? Smiler). Have you established projected prices for the Rising third bite DRs?

One of Us
Picture of peterdk
posted Hide Post
quote:
Peter, great to see a timeless classic re-incarnated (re-steeled? ). Have you established projected prices for the Rising third bite DRs?

6.5 yes the A-class double rifles start at 50.000 £ and the best gun double rifles start at 65.000 £

best

peter

Posts: 1336 | Location: denmark | Registered: 01 September 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Merry Christmas to you as well Smiler

My dream rifle, next step being able to afford one Big Grin

Posts: 11636 | Location: Wisconsin  | Registered: 13 February 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by peterdk:
quote:
Peter, great to see a timeless classic re-incarnated (re-steeled? ). Have you established projected prices for the Rising third bite DRs?

6.5 yes the A-class double rifles start at 50.000 £ and the best gun double rifles start at 65.000 £

best

peter

You are going to do wonders for the price of 1900 vintage Rigby Bissell Rising Third Bite double rifles.

Posts: 3191 | Location: Victoria, Australia | Registered: 01 March 2007Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Peter,

A bit of a surprise that the action does not have bushed strikers?

Best for the New Year,
Tim

Posts: 1320 | Location: Washington, DC | Registered: 17 March 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Tim-

There are quite a few things that action doesn't have yet.
You'll see bushings (and a whole lot more) on the finished rifles.

Either way, it's great to see it coming together for the JR crew!

Happy Holidays Rigby!

Cheers
Tinker

Posts: 802 | Location: Palomino Valley, NV | Registered: 26 April 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
whether we can personally aspire to own one is almost immaterial compared to the fact that the name has been restored to a position of respect and a product like this is forthcoming.

God Bless and best wishes.

Rich

Posts: 23062 | Location: SW Idaho | Registered: 19 December 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Idaho Sharpshooter:
whether we can personally aspire to own one is almost immaterial compared to the fact that the name has been restored to a position of respect ......

Rich

+ 1

Absolutely

Posts: 3191 | Location: Victoria, Australia | Registered: 01 March 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Thank you and same to all of you!

Now is this from the "real Rigby" in California or the other one in England?
quote:
Originally posted by peterdk:
We would like to wish all AR members and wiewers, a merry christmas and a happy new year.

so we desided to give a quick prewiew of a Rising third bite double rifle action ( 450 NE class) in the works at this moment. Enjoy Smiler

Sorry about the picture quality Frowner

warm regards

peter

Posts: 6080 | Location: New York City "The Concrete Jungle" | Registered: 04 May 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Leopardtrack:

LMAO

Real Rigby and California in the same sentance, that is so funny, even though I know which way you lean.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
I couldn't resist that one!

Actually, IMO the "real" Rigby is neither, and that the only "real" one is the origional Rigby from long ago.

With that said, I would love to own one of either "modern" Rigby's double's.
quote:
Originally posted by 500N:
quote:
Originally posted by Leopardtrack:

LMAO

Real Rigby and California in the same sentance, that is so funny, even though I know which way you lean.

Posts: 6080 | Location: New York City "The Concrete Jungle" | Registered: 04 May 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Resurrecting an old topic, but any updates on how the new Rigby rifles are working out?

One of Us
posted Hide Post
The current iteration of Rigby is owned By the same company that owns Blaser, Mauser and Sauer. I saw some of their magazine rifles at the SCI show....quite nice. If nothing else, it will bring down the price point of the Mauser 98 Magnum action due to its being used both for Mauser and Rigby.

Posts: 20139 | Location: Very NW NJ up in the Mountains | Registered: 14 June 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Aaron Little
posted Hide Post
I am acquintances with the action maker Rigby is using to produce the actions. I know he has begun working on the first rising bite action, not sure if it has been completed as I havent seen pics in a while. I can say one thing, the machinist an ex-purdey machine shop foreman does exceptional work. I know it will yield a top notch rifle.

http://www.facebook.com/profil...p?id=100001646464847

A.M. Little Bespoke Gunmakers LLC
682-554-0044
Michael08TDK@yahoo.com

Posts: 1023 | Location: Mineola, TX | Registered: 15 October 2010Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Rusty
posted Hide Post
A couple of weeks ago I was fortunate to get the chance to hold and look at the Rigby double that the rifles above were modeled from. Damn beautiful rifle!

Rusty
We Band of Brothers!
DRSS, NRA & SCI Life Member

"I am rejoiced at my fate. Do not be uneasy about me, for I am with my friends."
----- David Crockett in his last letter (to his children), January 9th, 1836
"I will never forsake Texas and her cause. I am her son." ----- Jose Antonio Navarro, from Mexican Prison in 1841
"for I have sworn upon the altar of god eternal hostility against every form of tyranny over the mind of man." Thomas Jefferson
Declaration of Arbroath April 6, 1320-“. . .It is not for glory, nor riches, nor honours that we are fighting, but for freedom - for that alone, which no honest man gives up but with life itself.”

Posts: 9797 | Location: Missouri City, Texas | Registered: 21 June 2000Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Chris Lozano
posted Hide Post
Just remember that anything said by PeterDk is a lie. He is a fraud and a cheat. Hopefully in jail by now.

While in Mozambique a fellow hunter had a Cali Rigby in 500. It was quite nice and he took a dandy buffalo with it.

Posts: 758 | Location: Michigan USA | Registered: 27 September 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Chris Lozano:
Just remember that anything said by PeterDk is a lie. He is a fraud and a cheat. Hopefully in jail by now.

While in Mozambique a fellow hunter had a Cali Rigby in 500. It was quite nice and he took a dandy buffalo with it.

Wait what?

One of Us
posted Hide Post
PM Chris for all the gory details.This has been going on for a while.Quite a heated thread here 2-3 yrs ago.

Posts: 877 | Location: Louisiana | Registered: 03 June 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Chris Lozano
posted Hide Post
He stole over $30,000.00 worth of deposits from 10 members here on AR.

He was charged with fraud on 12/27/13

Want more info just PM me.

Posts: 758 | Location: Michigan USA | Registered: 27 September 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Rusty
posted Hide Post
IS this the guy with the high dollar horse farm? The guy who stole all the customer's deposits?

Rusty
We Band of Brothers!

"I am rejoiced at my fate. Do not be uneasy about me, for I am with my friends."
"I will never forsake Texas and her cause. I am her son." ----- Jose Antonio Navarro, from Mexican Prison in 1841
"for I have sworn upon the altar of god eternal hostility against every form of tyranny over the mind of man." Thomas Jefferson
Declaration of Arbroath April 6, 1320-“. . .It is not for glory, nor riches, nor honours that we are fighting, but for freedom - for that alone, which no honest man gives up but with life itself.”

Posts: 9797 | Location: Missouri City, Texas | Registered: 21 June 2000Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
It has always puzzled me a little when a burgler walks into someones home to steal. That must be the biggest risk in the world..not knowing What kind of people they might face. The same parralle can be drawn here of someone who commits fraud. They don´t know who they are cheating. Some day the cheater might meet someone they have cheated.
Not good wisdom in life to cheat, lie or fool to anyone.

DRSS: HQ Scandinavia. Chapters in Sweden & Norway

Posts: 2805 | Location: Denmark | Registered: 09 June 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Rusty:
IS this the guy with the high dollar horse farm? The guy who stole all the customer's deposits?

Yes

Ken

DRSS, PP Chapter
Life NRA
Life SCI
Life DSC

Posts: 1327 | Location: PA | Registered: 06 August 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of BrettAKSCI
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Rusty:
A couple of weeks ago I was fortunate to get the chance to hold and look at the Rigby double that the rifles above were modeled from. Damn beautiful rifle!

Rusty,

That's a friend of mine's rifle. It's pretty impressive. He has ordered the first rising bite in .500 and another friend has ordered a .416 to be made a look alike to his original pre war .416 Rigby. They should be nice.

Brett

DRSS
Life Member SCI
Life Member NRA
Life Member WSF

Rhyme of the Sheep Hunter
May fordings never be too deep, And alders not too thick; May rock slides never be too steep And ridges not too slick.
And may your bullets shoot as swell As Fred Bear's arrow's flew; And may your nose work just as well As Jack O'Connor's too.
May winds be never at your tail When stalking down the steep; May bears be never on your trail When packing out your sheep.
May the hundred pounds upon you Not make you break or trip; And may the plane in which you flew Await you at the strip.
-Seth Peterson

Posts: 4551 | Location: Alaska | Registered: 21 February 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Rusty
posted Hide Post
Hope I wiped off all the drool marks!

Rusty
We Band of Brothers!

One of Us
Picture of Rusty
posted Hide Post
Gee! I wonder where our peterdk scurried off to?

Rusty
We Band of Brothers!

One of Us
Picture of Chris Lozano
posted Hide Post
Oh Oh I know i know.

I will let you all know next month what is going on.

One of Us
Picture of Rusty
posted Hide Post
WTG, Chris! tu2

Rusty
We Band of Brothers!

One of Us
Picture of Rusty
posted Hide Post
Chris Lozano,

Any updates on our thief peterdk?

Rusty
We Band of Brothers!

One of Us
Picture of Chris Lozano
posted Hide Post
His court date was scheduled for mid November. It was postponed till the first week of January.

I just sent the prosecutor another email asking for the outcome.

As soon as i have the facts i will inform everyone.

One of Us
Picture of CCMDoc
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Chris Lozano:
His court date was scheduled for mid November. It was postponed till the first week of January.

I just sent the prosecutor another email asking for the outcome.

As soon as i have the facts i will inform everyone.

Thanks Chris

NRA Lifer; DSC Lifer; SCI member; DRSS; AR member since November 9 2003

Don't Save the best for last, the smile for later or the "Thanks" for tomorow

Posts: 3464 | Location: In the Shadow of Griffin&Howe | Registered: 24 November 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Rusty
posted Hide Post
Any News Chris?

Rusty
We Band of Brothers!

One of Us
posted Hide Post
I am interested as well.

Let's not forget that this guy stole from a kid.

Posts: 12019 | Location: Orlando, FL | Registered: 26 January 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Chris Lozano
posted Hide Post
The prosecutor is on holiday till next week.
Hopefully he will answer me when he returns.

Stay tuned

One of Us
Picture of Chris Lozano
posted Hide Post
Here is what i got today.

Dear Mr. Lozano

I have written a detailed statement for you and the other victims, which is about to get translated to English.

I will send it to you and the other victims as soon as its ready. Expect it at the end of this month.

Hopefully we get some justice.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
FINALLY!!Well done team!

Posts: 877 | Location: Louisiana | Registered: 03 June 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
tu2

"Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life." Terry Pratchett.

Posts: 3507 | Location: Wyoming | Registered: 25 February 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I can't see the pictures.

I've been dying to see a wood and steel version of this project since seeing the solid model in previous posts.

Is there a way that someone can post the photos so that I can see them..........please !!

Posts: 348 | Location: queensland, australia | Registered: 07 August 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Mike Brooks
posted Hide Post
Go to Searcy's website for pictures of a real one that won't involve a scam.

NRA Life
ASSRA Life
DRSS

Today's Quote:
Give a man a fish and he eats for a day. Give a man a welfare check, a free cell phone with free monthly minutes, food stamps, section 8 housing, a forty ounce malt liquor, a crack pipe and some Air Jordan's and he votes Democrat for a lifetime.

Posts: 4096 | Location: Cherkasy Ukraine  | Registered: 19 November 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Searcy websitedon't offer a rendition of the Bissell Rising Bite action anymore,
Theres no longer anything on his website showing or referring to it.
Searcys version was never quite the precise copy of an orig. BRB action anyway.

Posts: 9434 | Location: Here & There- | Registered: 14 May 2008Reply With Quote