Find
Notify
Tools

custom rifle maker
 Login/Join

one of us
Picture of byf42
posted
looking for info on a guy a friend had talked to a few years back. we cannot remember his name, except he makes custom rifles, bolt action and double rifles, and he is from north or south carolina. was hoping someone on here might have a possible lead. thanks!

*We Band of 45-70er's*

"Far better it is to dare mighty things, to win glorious triumphs even though checkered by failure, than to rank with those poor spirits who neither enjoy nor suffer much because they live in the gray twilight that knows neither victory nor defeat." -Theodore Roosevelt-

Posts: 497 | Location: Illinois | Registered: 27 May 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Is there any chance that you are thinking of Ken

Owen, whose rifles are marked MK Owen, of

Moscow Tenn, which is very near to Nashville?

He's NOT an internet guy at all, NO web site.

901-877-6853 is his contact number. He spec-

ializes in 577NE and 600NE doubles as far as

his rifle making work goes. He has made some 4

bore double rifles too.

Jack

OH GOD! {Seriously, we need the help.}

Posts: 2791 | Location: USA - East Coast | Registered: 10 December 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of byf42
posted Hide Post
Jack-

thanks for the reply. the guy i am thinking of is Michael Merker, out of Hendersonville, N.C. thanks anyway! beer

*We Band of 45-70er's*

"Far better it is to dare mighty things, to win glorious triumphs even though checkered by failure, than to rank with those poor spirits who neither enjoy nor suffer much because they live in the gray twilight that knows neither victory nor defeat." -Theodore Roosevelt-

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Jack,

Just in case you go looking for him Moscow is a lot closer to Memphis than Nashville, just down the road from Grand Junction, serious bird dog country.

"If you’re innocent why are you taking the Fifth Amendment?”- Donald Trump

Posts: 9580 | Location: Tennessee | Registered: 09 December 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Jefffive:
Jack,

Just in case you go looking for him Moscow is a lot closer to Memphis than
Nashville, just down the road from Grand Junction, serious bird dog country.

Yes, MEMPHIS, I typed Nashville because I was thinking of
www.gruhn.com another interest of mine.

Jack

OH GOD! {Seriously, we need the help.}

Posts: 2791 | Location: USA - East Coast | Registered: 10 December 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Michael is a great gunsmith, I don't believe he is into making DR's but does wonderful work on anything you give him to work on, especially stock work.

Dirk

"An individual with experience is never at the mercies of an individual with an argument"

Posts: 1827 | Location: Palmer AK & Prescott Valley AZ | Registered: 01 February 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of byf42
posted Hide Post
dirklaywer-

talked to him today. nice guy. are you by chance the dirk who has a 500 ne he was talking about?

*We Band of 45-70er's*

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by byf42:
dirklaywer-talked to him today. nice guy. are you by chance the dirk who has a 500 ne he was talking about?

I be the guy.

"An individual with experience is never at the mercies of an individual with an argument"

Posts: 1827 | Location: Palmer AK & Prescott Valley AZ | Registered: 01 February 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of byf42
posted Hide Post
small world after all..... popcorn did he build the rifle for you, or did he just do work on it?

*We Band of 45-70er's*