THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM DOUBLE RIFLES FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Rifles  Hop To Forums  Double Rifles    Any news on the Spartan 45-70 doubles?
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Any news on the Spartan 45-70 doubles?
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
I did a web search and didn't come up with many hits of major Reminton distributers having them is stock as yet.

John in Oregon

Posts: 938 | Location: Oregon | Registered: 23 November 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I was told by my distributor that they are experience problems regulating the rifles and when they do come to the market the price will more than likely be 2x the present advertised price.

Posts: 869 | Location: N Dakota | Registered: 29 December 2003Reply With Quote
Picture of jeffeosso
posted Hide Post
The rifles, the last time I spoke with the Remingonton Program Manager, should be in at or just after Xmas.

Duane,
there's no regulation issue with the rifles, but the price is increasing, currently it is about 40% more than it was 6 months ago. These rifles are "user regulated" not factory, via jack screws.

To be fair, I've heard eacha nd every excuse for the last 5 years on this
1: annex B import regulations - this one was true.. called an old friend that just retired from Customs, and every type rifle imported from a former commbloc country has to be added

2: productions issues - this should be read as "we didn't pay the bribe"

3: delivery issues - this should be read as "we are negotiating with remington and about to drop out of EAA"

4: we should to remington and they have new spec.. should be read as "we had planned to ship several, didn't make the production schedule due to bribes and contracts, and now we are way behind"

5"just a couple months more" (repeat infinitly)

6: several where infact delivered to remington, and underwent destructive testing. These all failed (duh?) and the changes went back

7: see 5
8: see 7
9: new samples arrived, going to destructive testing....
10: see 8, 7, 5...

and I called them week before last and they are supposed to be late 2006... of course I had head late 2002, so I am not holding my breath

jeffe

opinions vary band of bubbas and STC hunting Club

Information on Ammoguide about
the416AR, 458AR, 470AR, 500AR
What is an AR round? Case Drawings 416-458-470AR and 500AR.
476AR,
http://www.weaponsmith.com

Posts: 39686 | Location: Conroe, TX | Registered: 01 June 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
HA,HA, HA ,HA. Dream on ! Roll Eyes

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Last trip to africa I met a South African who had imigrated from Russia. During our talk he told me this story about doing business in Russia.

Two American business men have a meeting. They come to an agreement that the first business man will buy one thousand barrels of oil from the second business man for 70 dollars a barrel. The next step in the transaction is for the first business man to call his office and tell them to cut a check for $70,0000.00. The second business man calls his office and tells them to ship 1,000 barrels of oil.

Two russian business men meet. They agree that the first will buy a 1,000 barrels of oil for 70 dollars a barrel. The next step in the transaction is for the first business man to rush out and try to figure out where in the hell he is going to get $70,000.00 and the second rushes out to try to find some oil to sell.

I think that is exactly where we are with the Bakal double rifles. The Russians are now rushing around tring to figure how in the hell they are actualy going to make a $600.00 Double rifle. My guess is that it just aint gona happen.

If you own a gun and you are not a member of the NRA and other pro 2nd amendment organizations then YOU are part of the problem.

Posts: 1231 | Location: South Texas | Registered: 12 July 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I've had a Baikal 30-06 since before Easter up here in Canada. Elwood Epps has a bunch of them listed for sale for $1,199 Canadian. (These are not marketed through Remington ... different dude owns the rights here) I love it ... I also dearly want a 45/70 ... suppose to come in June after a million delays ... now a few months from now ...I'm turning blue from holding my breath ... killpc

Posts: 1544 | Location: Alberta/Namibia | Registered: 29 November 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
scruffy
Is your 30-06 a over/under or a side by side?

DOUBLE RIFLE SHOOTERS SOCIETY

Posts: 16134 | Location: Texas | Registered: 06 April 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
they are side by sides.

i few of the local shops have them.

ellwood epps is about 2.5-3 hourse from here i go there every now and then.

Posts: 2095 | Location: B.C | Registered: 31 January 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Brain1
posted Hide Post
I am a gun store owner/operator. This excuses surrounding this particular rifle are typical of the gun industry. First they show us an upcoming item, then they judge the response to figure out how many they need to produce. The problem is the time between show and delivery takes too long and all the new has worn off. I see this every year, and it makes it harder on us dealers because we can't get you what you want. I am a prime example in that I wanted one but have already purchased something else.

You can borrow money, but you can't borrow time. Don't wait, go now.
Savannah Safaris Namibia
Otjitambi Trails & Safaris
DRSS
NRA
SCI
DSC
TSRA
TMPA

Posts: 1265 | Location: Bridgeport, Tx | Registered: 20 May 2005Reply With Quote