THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM DOUBLE RIFLES FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Rifles  Hop To Forums  Double Rifles    Got my Ds back from the smith yesterday
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Got my Ds back from the smith yesterday
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
Thought I would share a bit, got my Ds back from the smith yesterday,

he has fitted new clawringounts to the rifle,

I should be able to go and test shoot it this weekend.

I really like this rifle, and now I just have to find an decent load that regulates her.

Well thanks all for letting me show of this one.

Best regards Chris

One of Us
Picture of El Deguello
posted Hide Post
Nice!

"Bitte, trinks du nicht das Wasser. Dahin haben die Kuhen gesheissen."

Posts: 4386 | Location: New Woodstock, Madison County, Central NY | Registered: 04 January 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
thanks!

/Chris

one of us
posted Hide Post
Is that a 9.3?

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Surestrike,

sure is 9,3x74R @ 3,1 kilos with scope it will tell you when it´s fired.

I have a pair of 20 gauge barrels for it too.

Best regards Chris

One of Us
Picture of peterdk
posted Hide Post
looking good chris, which load does it regulate with ?

best

peter

Posts: 1336 | Location: denmark | Registered: 01 September 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Who did the work? I'm thinking about having a set of claw mounts fitted to a German .250-3000 I own.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Peter- that is a problem, it doesn´t regulate,

I have tried 232 and 286 loads from Norma, neither work great but the 286:s are the closest, I have spoken to the importer of the rifle VO vapen and they mentioned that the regluation load would be 286 by default or per costumers request,

I have a sneaking idea that the 267 grain loads from RWS is the real deal.

I have some 270/267/250 grain bullets at home together with some others and I will try them asap.

I shall return with results.

Remington40x, the work was done by Mattias Tyrefors, stockholm Sweden, should you wish to have his contact info I´ll be glad to PM then to you.

Thanks all for the nice words,

Chris

quote:
Originally posted by peterdk:
looking good chris, which load does it regulate with ?

best

peter

One of Us
posted Hide Post
That DS looks familiar to me? Have you own it for long? It must be some Renato Menago something?

Matts

Posts: 147 | Location: Sweden | Registered: 23 March 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Chris-

That's a really elegant and robust looking stack bore rifle.
I wish you great success with your efforts to get a regulation load together.

Share with us the nature of it's performance (IE - how your barrels' groups are printing, and how far apart...) and the details of your loads (bullet/powder/primer/overall length/jump to leade/crimp or not/etc) and see if someone here can lend you some of their experience.

I found this thread on your rifle's performance, is it shooting the same now or differently?

In a perfect world, someone would be able to give you a load or case prep, powder/primer, or other component suggestion that gets your groups into a nice aggregate group - even more perfect it'd be the first one you tried!

Where are you located?
Perhaps there's a fellow member who shoots a double rifle of the same chambering who lives near you, who could join you at a range with some loading gear and a chronograph...

I look forward to seeing how you do with it.
I don't have any experience at all with stack barreled (O/U) double rifles, but through this thread I'd be happy to learn from whatever comes up by way of our fellow members.

Cheers
Tinker

Posts: 802 | Location: Palomino Valley, NV | Registered: 26 April 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Hi all,

it´s a small world or rather internet has made it small.

Farmer John, the rifle is a Renato Menegon, that is most correct, a sleak italian job, I have had her for some two and a half year now.

A.tinkerer- yes that is my old thread, and I have sence than been trying a few other bullets/loads,

my problem is that even at 34 I can´t shoot well enough with the open sights in this one, there a sort of express sight, not a target style sight and the precision is there after.

Living in Sweden, the small community of ds owners are generous however far apart and I am very glad to accept all help I can get to a regulating load for this rifle.

I´ll try and get to the range this weekend and work with the loads.

Best regards to you all/Chris

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by El Deguello:
Nice!

Deguello: I like your motto. But please allow me to correct it a littel bit. It it should go like this:

"Trinke nicht vom Wasser. Da haben die Kühe reingeschissen!"

Cheers, Hans

One of Us
Picture of peterdk
posted Hide Post
chris

your load that gave you the 2"x 1" is very close to good.

You could try to get a box of rws in a 286 grains, a lot of the itali dbl rifles were regulated with the rws because of the consistensy in the loads(you got to love those germans)

if it still plays up we just have to get together and se if we can force it to shoot Roll Eyes

best regards

peter

Posts: 1336 | Location: denmark | Registered: 01 September 2007Reply With Quote