New
Find
Notify
Tools

Pics of Searcy Classic
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
Well, I took the plunge this afternoon at the DSC show and ordered a Classic in 470 NE. If things go as planned I should take delivery in 12-18 months. As was mentioned earlier by many others, Butch was great to work with and took lots of time to answer my questions.

I noticed that some earlier posters were looking for pictures. I was too and found these on CCHunter's website (thanks to cchunter for the pics and to 577NitroExpress for the tip on where to find them)

Doug

Posts: 280 | Location: Ft. Worth, TX | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of bulldog563
posted Hide Post
That is one beautiful rifle. I also have one on order. Can't wait.

Posts: 2153 | Location: Southern California | Registered: 23 October 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of 577NitroExpress
posted Hide Post
Doug:

Congrats! at dinner on Friday I thought you were leaning towards going with a double!

You won't regret your decision!

Also, thanks again for the ride to Javier's and for the company over drinks and dinner. It was great meeting you and I look forward to hearing about your new double when you get it.

577NitroExpress
Double Rifle Shooters Society
Francotte .470 Nitro Express

If stupidity hurt, a lot of people would be walking around screaming...

Posts: 2789 | Location: Bucks County, Pennsylvania | Registered: 08 June 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
577NitroExpress,

I had spent about 45 minutes with Butch just before dinner and was working on my rationalizations as we had drinks at Javier's. Seeing your beautiful rifle and talking with you and the others helped to push me over the edge.

Doug

Posts: 280 | Location: Ft. Worth, TX | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Doug:

You didn't need much pushing. We just showed you the ledge and told you to pull your balls out of your back pocket and take the jump.

You won't regret your decision. Butch is in a league of his own when it comes to working with someone.

577NitroExpress

Posts: 2789 | Location: Bucks County, Pennsylvania | Registered: 08 June 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by dougaboy:
577NitroExpress,

I had spent about 45 minutes with Butch just before dinner and was working on my rationalizations as we had drinks at Javier's. Seeing your beautiful rifle and talking with you and the others helped to push me over the edge.

Doug

150 years from now, another generation of shooters and hunters will still be enjoying the rifle that you just commissioned.

Posts: 18352 | Location: Salt Lake City, Utah USA | Registered: 20 April 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
500grains,

I spent some time with Buzz Charlton talking about your hunt with him. I didn't know that you were in his video. I bought it at the show and am about to watch it with my son. I am all the more eager because of your involvement (as well as Bill Stewart).

Doug

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Dougaboy, Mr. Stewart was very calm, cool and collected when shooting that charging cow at 6 yards on film!

Posts: 18352 | Location: Salt Lake City, Utah USA | Registered: 20 April 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Doug, congratulations. I visited with Butch and looked over his rifles and was very impressed. I sure know how double rifle fever goes. I'm back looking over every nook and cranny of my new (old) 450-400 and eagerly anticipating the first day at the range with it. I'd have a hard time waiting to get one built, so I took the plunge on an old one. Enjoyed visiting at dinner. Bob

Posts: 1283 | Location: Houston, TX | Registered: 20 October 2000Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I can't keep up with all the posters here that have recently purchased a double from Butch. He must have had a very big smile on his face in Dallas!

465H&H

Posts: 5686 | Location: Nampa, Idaho | Registered: 10 February 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
IMHO this new Searcy Classic in 450/400 is the best rifle Butch has ever made.

DOUBLE RIFLE SHOOTERS SOCIETY

Posts: 16134 | Location: Texas | Registered: 06 April 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
IMHO this new Searcy Classic in 450/400 is the best rifle Butch has ever made.

next to our .577 NE, of course... Wink

577NitroExpress

One of Us
Picture of Doc52
posted Hide Post
Way to go Doug!
You won't regret it!

Doc52
B. Searcy & Co .577 NE

"Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well armed lamb contesting the vote!"

Benjamin Franklin 1759

Posts: 241 | Location: Bucks County, Pennsylvania | Registered: 26 April 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Brad_Rolston
posted Hide Post
next to our .577 NE, of course... Wink[/QUOTE]

Amen to that...............

Brad

Brad Rolston African Hunting
P.O. Box 506
Stella
Kalahari
South Africa
Tel : + 27 82 574 9928
Fax : + 27 86 672 6854
E-Mail : rolston585ae@iafrica.com

Posts: 318 | Location: South Africa | Registered: 12 February 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
577Nitro Express
I cannot wait to shoot the BIG GUN. thumb clap Cool Big Grin

DOUBLE RIFLE SHOOTERS SOCIETY

Posts: 16134 | Location: Texas | Registered: 06 April 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Tony:

Neither can I!

Congrats on your retirement day!

577NitroExpress

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 500grains:
quote:
577NitroExpress,

Doug

150 years from now, another generation of shooters and hunters will still be enjoying the rifle that you just commissioned.

500grains!

I wanted to order some 500gr Bridgers in .458 but what to hell is your government doing?

We have one of the most restrict gunlaw in Germany but now the US want to have a reciept that i do not need a permit to import bullets???

What should that be? A reciept that says that i dont need a permit??? killpc

Even in germany every baby is allowed to buy brass and bullets (not powder!!).

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Safarischorsch:

It sounds like the U.S. is essentially requiring what amounts to a permit issued from a foreign government ... only the permit states that no permit is required.

clap

Best,

John

Posts: 4697 | Location: North Africa and North America | Registered: 05 July 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Safarischorsch:
quote:
Originally posted by 500grains:
quote:
577NitroExpress,

Doug

500grains!

I wanted to order some 500gr Bridgers in .458 but what to hell is your government doing?

We have one of the most restrict gunlaw in Germany but now the US want to have a reciept that i do not need a permit to import bullets???

Even in germany every baby is allowed to buy brass and bullets (not powder!!).

Sorry about our export laws. The export laws got tightened up after the bad guys were found with military hardware made in the U.S., such as NVGs and sniper scopes.

I am not sure what paperwork you need in order to import bullets from the U.S., but I agree it is a giant hassle.

One of Us
Picture of ozhunter
posted Hide Post
Butch has some new photos on his websight. One picture of the PH model has the mounting rib shown.
ozhunter

Posts: 5886 | Location: Sydney,Australia  | Registered: 03 July 2005Reply With Quote