New
Find
Notify
Tools

9.3x74R Wanted
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
Anyone know of a Krieghoff 9.3x74R for sale?

DB Bill aka Bill George

Posts: 4360 | Location: Sunny Southern California | Registered: 22 May 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of MacD37
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by DB Bill:
Anyone know of a Krieghoff 9.3x74R for sale?

I have a Winchester Grand Europian I'll sell you!
jumping jumping

....Mac >>>===(x)===> MacD37, ...and DUGABOY1
DRSS Charter member
"If I die today, I've had a life well spent, for I've been to see the Elephant, and smelled the smoke of Africa!"~ME 1982

Hands of Old Elmer Keith

Posts: 14634 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: 08 June 2000Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
shame animal

DB Bill aka Bill George

Posts: 4360 | Location: Sunny Southern California | Registered: 22 May 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
What you shot with it so far? I've been thru a couple of small-caliber doubles and I keep going back to the idea the Krieghoff is the one I want...nice if I could find one with a single trigger as I'm still working on a trip to Europe.

DB Bill aka Bill George

one of us
posted Hide Post
x

DB Bill aka Bill George

one of us
Picture of ROSCOE
posted Hide Post
You might talk to Dale and see if you can get in on the Chapuis griup buy. You can get a new one for half the price of a used Kreghoff.

R. Lee Ermey: "The deadliest weapon in the world is a Marine and his rifle."
We're going to be "gifted" with a health care plan we are forced to purchase and fined if we don't, Which purportedly covers at least ten million more people, without adding a single new doctor, but provides for 16,000 new IRS agents, written by a committee whose chairman says he doesn't understand it, passed by a Congress that didn't read it but exempted themselves from it, and signed by a President, with funding administered by a treasury chief who didn't pay his taxes, for which we'll be taxed for four years before any benefits take effect, by a government which has already bankrupted Social Security and Medicare, all to be overseen by a surgeon general who is obese, and financed by a country that's broke!!!!! 'What the hell could possibly go wrong?'

Posts: 2122 | Location: Arkansas | Registered: 03 June 2000Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of D99
posted Hide Post

I owned the S-2 and I think I would own an over under if I ever buy another 9.3x74R. I have seen some nice Merkels and Suhl/Ferlach rifles for under $10K.

Posts: 4729 | Location: Australia | Registered: 06 February 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of 577NitroExpress
posted Hide Post
Not to hijack the thread, and by no means do I want to offend D99, but the photo he posted above shows how not to hold a double rifle when shooting. Your forward hand should actually grip the barrels when you squeeze the trigger, not just the forend as shown above.

Not doing this, especially on the larger bores, may find you pulling off the forend of the rifle.

Again, no criticism with D99 - just an opportunity to point out proper DR handling.

577NitroExpress
Double Rifle Shooters Society
Francotte .470 Nitro Express

If stupidity hurt, a lot of people would be walking around screaming...

Posts: 2789 | Location: Bucks County, Pennsylvania | Registered: 08 June 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of BER007
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 577NitroExpress:
but the photo he posted above shows how not to hold a double rifle when shooting. Your forward hard should actually grip the barrels when you squeeze the trigger, not just the forend as shown above.

Not doing this, especially on the larger bores, may find you pulling off the forend of the rifle.

Again, no criticism with D99 - just an opportunity to point out proper DR handling.

Fully agree with you. This is the best and fatest way to be injured on shooting double express rifle.

------------------
BER007
Keep the faith in any circumstances
------------------------
BBER007@HOTMAIL.COM

Posts: 831 | Location: BELGIUM | Registered: 23 May 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Bill/Oregon
posted Hide Post
I agree about the hand position, but in our friend D99's defense, I submit that his hand hold is perfectly adequate to deal with the recoil of a 9.3X74R from a double.

There is hope, even when your brain tells you there isn’t.
– John Green, author

Posts: 16430 | Location: Sweetwater, TX | Registered: 03 June 2000Reply With Quote
posted Hide Post
I have a Merkel 9.3 x 74R O/U DR for sale:

http://forums.nitroexpress.com/showflat.php?Cat=&Board=...psed&sb=5&o=&fpart=1

Drop me an email if you're interested:

hfn_03570@yahoo.com

OWD

One of Us
Picture of mr rigby
posted Hide Post
those Merkels are popular over in Sweden for driven hunts and so, because theyre are vere flexible and fine to mount scopes on and theyre cheaper used than S/S doubles. The largest i have seen a picture of is one .458 win mag, perhaps with a little work that could have been a fine .450 NE 3 1/4 inch.

Posts: 1196 | Location: Kristiansand,Norway | Registered: 20 April 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of D99
posted Hide Post
mona SNOOTY BASTARDS!

I wanted to take photos of the rifle before I sold it. I have really acidic finger prints and I didn't want to put marks on the barrels. I know that R93's have Titanium Nitrated barrels not sure about the rest of the line.

Anyway, me not touching the barrels kept me from cleaning it later. You cant see it from the photos, but my balcony was 50 yards from the Atlantic ocean. Had enough problems, my new "stainless" shotgun looked like a rusted fork.

Posts: 4729 | Location: Australia | Registered: 06 February 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
KRIEGHOFF DR in 9.3x74R on www.basspro.com - go to the section IN STORES - fine gun room, then click double rifles.

Jack

OH GOD! {Seriously, we need the help.}

Posts: 2791 | Location: USA - East Coast | Registered: 10 December 2005Reply With Quote