New
Find
Notify
Tools

Santa is on his way!
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
and hes got my Searcy 500NE double in his sleigh!
[URL= ]it should be here soon![/URL]

Posts: 11651 | Location: Montreal | Registered: 07 November 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Good for you...enjoy!

Posts: 20165 | Location: Very NW NJ up in the Mountains | Registered: 14 June 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of BrettAKSCI
posted Hide Post
Equipped with Butch's new animal sex determining sighting system I hope? Big Grin

Brett

DRSS
Life Member SCI
Life Member NRA
Life Member WSF

Rhyme of the Sheep Hunter
May fordings never be too deep, And alders not too thick; May rock slides never be too steep And ridges not too slick.
And may your bullets shoot as swell As Fred Bear's arrow's flew; And may your nose work just as well As Jack O'Connor's too.
May winds be never at your tail When stalking down the steep; May bears be never on your trail When packing out your sheep.
May the hundred pounds upon you Not make you break or trip; And may the plane in which you flew Await you at the strip.
-Seth Peterson

Posts: 4551 | Location: Alaska | Registered: 21 February 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Frostbit
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by BrettAKSCI:
Equipped with Butch's new animal sex determining sighting system I hope? Big Grin

Brett

yuck

2015 His & Her Leopards with Derek Littleton of Luwire Safaris - http://forums.accuratereloadin...6321043/m/2971090112
2015 Trophy Bull Elephant with CMS http://forums.accuratereloadin...6321043/m/1651069012
DIY Brooks Range Sheep Hunt 2013 - http://forums.accuratereloadin...901038191#9901038191
Zambia June/July 2012 with Andrew Baldry - Royal Kafue http://forums.accuratereloadin...6321043/m/7971064771
Zambia Sept 2010- Muchinga Safaris http://forums.accuratereloadin...6321043/m/4211096141
Namibia Sept 2010 - ARUB Safaris http://forums.accuratereloadin...6321043/m/6781076141

Posts: 7624 | Location: Alaska | Registered: 05 February 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Having been brought up as a Catholic ,sent to a Catholic School ,Mass every week .Rosary every now and again and contantly told and BOMBARDED with ''BE GOOD'' or else !!!! ,to the point we were to scared to do anything, OR ELSE !!!!!! Then finding out Santa Claus was a big load of BS, i looked at my parents in a different light, especially my mother with anger and indignation, that the whole thing was a lie and i was made a fool of in front of my school friends ,Shoot away ,there no 500 double rifle coming you way from this FAT myth !!!!!! makes me annoyed everytime i see this FAT c..t

Posts: 175 | Location: australia | Registered: 14 January 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:

Brett

or a loser repellant

Posts: 11651 | Location: Montreal | Registered: 07 November 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of MJines
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by shootaway:
quote:

Brett

or a loser repellant

How are you planning to shoot the rifle?

Mike

Posts: 21719 | Registered: 03 January 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of McKay
posted Hide Post
I would change my phone number NOW if I were Butch.

Mac

Posts: 1747 | Location: Salt Lake City, UT | Registered: 01 February 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Bill73
posted Hide Post
shootaway,
Merry Christmas,enjoy your new DR clap

DRSS

Posts: 2282 | Location: MI | Registered: 20 March 2007Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Thanks Bill! I am really looking forward to shooting it once the range opens after the holiday break.I will post photos once it gets here.I got some bullets being molly coated in the tumbler for it now.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
So you are coating your bullets in female mule juice? Maybe that is why they hit female targets.

All kidding aside, I am wondering why you are moly coating bullets for a double rifle.

I hope you have a wonderful Christmas including a present from Santa Searcy Claus.

Don't forget what I said about measuring your targets. Hopefully the 500 will give you groups you can be proud of.

Cheers,

Matt

Posts: 374 | Location: Anchorage AK | Registered: 26 April 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Mike Brooks
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Matt Moore:

Don't forget what I said about measuring your targets.
Cheers,

Matt

`Taint gonn'a happen! rotflmo

NRA Life
ASSRA Life
DRSS

Today's Quote:
Give a man a fish and he eats for a day. Give a man a welfare check, a free cell phone with free monthly minutes, food stamps, section 8 housing, a forty ounce malt liquor, a crack pipe and some Air Jordan's and he votes Democrat for a lifetime.

Posts: 4096 | Location: Cherkasy Ukraine  | Registered: 19 November 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of MJines
posted Hide Post
Santa Butch before rifle delivery:

Santa Butch after rifle delivery:

Mike

Posts: 21719 | Registered: 03 January 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Todd Williams
posted Hide Post
Might be an opportune time for Butch to retire and move to the islands with an unlisted address / phone number!

One of Us
Picture of JDA-CO
posted Hide Post
You don't want Butch to have data access either...

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Taint gonna happen is right!!

Didn't expect an answer for moly coating the bullets. I think it is important to know why you are doing something, the intended result, etc. Maybe there is a sect of moly coated Druids in Montreal or Hoot a Way is superstitious.

Matt

one of us
posted Hide Post
Cheese and rice Butch is so SCREWED!

one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Matt Moore:
Taint gonna happen is right!!

Didn't expect an answer for moly coating the bullets. I think it is important to know why you are doing something, the intended result, etc. Maybe there is a sect of moly coated Druids in Montreal or Hoot a Way is superstitious.

Matt

Moly makes cleaning easier.

one of us
posted Hide Post
[URL= ]a[/URL]
[URL= ]b[/URL]

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Looks good!

Posts: 802 | Location: Palomino Valley, NV | Registered: 26 April 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Nakihunter
posted Hide Post
From those photos it looks like the driving bands do not have a lot of molly!

If those are Northfork bullets, you would have no problems cleaning the rifle with just the regular bullets.

BTW - Molly is a two edged problem - after enough rounds you will have a lot of work to do in getting the extra molly out of your barrels!

"When the wind stops....start rowing. When the wind starts, get the sail up quick."

Posts: 11245 | Location: New Zealand | Registered: 02 July 2008Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
NorthFork bullets are made out of pure copper.
The driving bands are coated with moly and wax just like the rest of the bullet.There is an equal amount on the bands and the rest.
I have been shooting moly bullets for twenty years and have shot thousands from various chamberings.I never had an issue with removing it.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
I have used moly coated bullets to reduce pressures, improve accuracy, and increase velocity.

Are you using moly coated bullets in double rifles to keep copper fouling down or for the reasons outlined above or both?

If moly coating for improved accuracy was your goal, why don't you try it on your .308 bullets? You already have a substantial data set for the negative. Roll Eyes

Matt

One of Us
Picture of BrettAKSCI
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by shootaway:
Moly makes cleaning easier.

You have a cleaning lady named Moly?

Brett

DRSS
Life Member SCI
Life Member NRA
Life Member WSF

Rhyme of the Sheep Hunter
May fordings never be too deep, And alders not too thick; May rock slides never be too steep And ridges not too slick.
And may your bullets shoot as swell As Fred Bear's arrow's flew; And may your nose work just as well As Jack O'Connor's too.
May winds be never at your tail When stalking down the steep; May bears be never on your trail When packing out your sheep.
May the hundred pounds upon you Not make you break or trip; And may the plane in which you flew Await you at the strip.
-Seth Peterson

Posts: 4551 | Location: Alaska | Registered: 21 February 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Shootaway, who is videotaping your shooting sessions. Best to get shots from all angles. Will be looking forward to the results. Prior to having a photographer present you and he may wish to read the "What happens when a PH shoots the client" insurance thread. Ounce of prevention, you know.

Dutch