New
Find
Notify
Tools

Side By Side Champion
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
DRSS member 470CapstickA2 is the 2006 Browning/Briley Side by Side World Champion (D class)!! clap

Congratulations Al!!! cheers

"Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life." Terry Pratchett.

Posts: 3507 | Location: Wyoming | Registered: 25 February 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of lee440
posted Hide Post
Now I know who to go to for wingshooting lessons!!!

DRSS(We Band of Bubba's Div.)
N.R.A (Life)
T.S.R.A (Life)
D.S.C.

Posts: 2267 | Location: Houston, TX. | Registered: 18 May 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Rusty
posted Hide Post
Congratulations!

Rusty
We Band of Brothers!
DRSS, NRA & SCI Life Member

"I am rejoiced at my fate. Do not be uneasy about me, for I am with my friends."
----- David Crockett in his last letter (to his children), January 9th, 1836
"I will never forsake Texas and her cause. I am her son." ----- Jose Antonio Navarro, from Mexican Prison in 1841
"for I have sworn upon the altar of god eternal hostility against every form of tyranny over the mind of man." Thomas Jefferson
Declaration of Arbroath April 6, 1320-“. . .It is not for glory, nor riches, nor honours that we are fighting, but for freedom - for that alone, which no honest man gives up but with life itself.”

Posts: 9797 | Location: Missouri City, Texas | Registered: 21 June 2000Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Charles_Helm
posted Hide Post

Posts: 8773 | Location: Republic of Texas | Registered: 24 April 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of 577NitroExpress
posted Hide Post
Way to go Al!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

577NitroExpress
Double Rifle Shooters Society
Francotte .470 Nitro Express

If stupidity hurt, a lot of people would be walking around screaming...

Posts: 2789 | Location: Bucks County, Pennsylvania | Registered: 08 June 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of 470CapstickA2
posted Hide Post
Thanks a ton guys......

I do have to give credit to a few other people, for my recent success... To Bill, "That Texan" on this site, who took me to shoot the Vintager's Cup the week before and let me use his 1883 Holland and Holland to shoot my best score ever in sporting clays, if there was a rookie class, I would have won it... but look at what Bill did there also....

Bill won most of the event...
High Overall for the main event
1st place in 5 stand
1st place in the 2 man flurry
1st place in the one man flurry
(shot 75 targets out of 100 thrown in a
4 minute period with a side by side shotgun,
and me as his reloader emeritus)
and I think he won another event...

Bill also won the Side by Side for the AA class at the Browning/Briley this past weekend..along with coaching me, and letting my use his favorite Perazzi for the main event, and his backup gun anytime I wanted, along with ammo and you name it...

THANKS BILL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thanks to the Old Geezers, John, Foy, Danny, Nyal and a few others for giving me tips and being a great bunch of guys... OOOH-Rahhh

To my friends Glenn and Jimmy, who have coached me, and encouraged me, and kept me on track, I thank them also..

There were a lot of people who also new this was my first formal NSCA tournament, and helped this newbie have a good time, and also
win my first World Title... D class or Master didn't matter, I'm stoked... and am glad to have friends here in Houston, and friends online like you to share it with...

Al

NRA Life Memeber
SCI Life Member
Dallas Safari Life Member
DRSS
We Band of Bubbas

Posts: 404 | Location: Washington, DC/Arlington | Registered: 25 November 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Congrats! to both you guys thumb

Posts: 1999 | Location: Memphis, TN | Registered: 23 April 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of retreever
posted Hide Post
Al, the best and keep going...

Mike cheers

Michael Podwika... DRSS bigbores and hunting www.pvt.co.za " MAKE THE SHOT " 450#2 Famars

Posts: 6767 | Location: Wyoming, Pa. USA | Registered: 17 April 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Doc52
posted Hide Post
WAY TO GO AL!!!
ARE YOU STILL SPORTIN THAT BIG GRIN YOU HAD IN DALLAS???

Doc52
B. Searcy & Co .577 NE
Double Rifle Shooters Society

"Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well armed lamb contesting the vote!"

Benjamin Franklin 1759

Posts: 241 | Location: Bucks County, Pennsylvania | Registered: 26 April 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of 470CapstickA2
posted Hide Post
Went to the Bubba shoot today in Huntsville, TX at Hogkiller's.... that double grin will never go away... now I just need to figure out where it shoots... I shot ok... but not great..

NRA Life Memeber
SCI Life Member
Dallas Safari Life Member
DRSS
We Band of Bubbas

Posts: 404 | Location: Washington, DC/Arlington | Registered: 25 November 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Hog Killer
posted Hide Post
470CapstickA2, glad you could make it up here to one of the "Band of Bubbas" shoots. Very glad you brought your new pride and joy with you. That 475NE is a very sweet shooting SxS.

Hog Killer

IGNORE YOUR RIGHTS AND THEY'LL GO AWAY!!!
------------------------------------
We Band of Bubbas & STC Hunting Club, The Whomper Club

Posts: 4553 | Location: Walker Co.,Texas | Registered: 05 September 2003Reply With Quote