THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM DOUBLE RIFLES FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Rifles  Hop To Forums  Double Rifles    Bought a Merkel 141 E for $4995.00
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Bought a Merkel 141 E for $4995.00
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of carpediem4570
posted
Hello All:

Let me take this opportunity to thank one and all for your opinions and advice regarding the Merkel 141 E.

I spoke with "She who shall be obeyed" and after some discussion and a yoga class, she agreed to allow me to buy the Merkel shocker dancing jumping.

As for the details: The company is called Tradeex Canada and they have their products posted on line. I check the website every couple of days to see what's new. They have a Merkel 141 E that has been for sale for a couple of months at $8250.00 Cdn. Too rich for my blood, at this time. When I checked the website yesterday, they had some new doubles for sale including a 141 E for $4995.00, new in the box. This model was colour case hardened. I phoned the company and they emailed me the test target; 2 holes one above the other 3/4 inch apart from centre to centre of holes. The difference between this Merkel and the $8250.00 Merkel is game scene engraving, single trigger and cocking indicators on the expensive gun. The cheap gun has a little bit of scroll engraving, 2 triggers and I am not sure about the cocking indicators.

When the wife gets home, I explain to her what a good deal this rifle is. She says "No; you have a double rifle in 9.3x74R. You don't NEED a second one in the same caliber." I say "It is not a matter of need but a matter of want." She says, "maybe, but you NEED me." And I agreed and told her when the rifle arrived I would decide which 9.3 I wanted and sell the other one. I asked her to think it over while she was at yoga.

When she got back from yoga she said yes, but, only because I have always wanted a Merkel. And I WILL sell the other 9.3 to pay for the new gun. I agreed and made the phone call to Tradeex, bought the gun and they are shipping by UPS.

FINALLY, my first Merkel. Now to figure out how I can keep both double rifles bewildered. Anybody want to buy a broom handle mauser, or an artillery barrel luger, or a navy barrel luger or a etc., etc., etc. diggin

I will post picks when the rifle arrives.

Kindest regards,

Carpediem
Madly off in all directions dancing

No politician who supports gun control should recieve armed protection paid for by those he is trying to disarm.

Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well-preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways-scotch in one hand-Chocolate in the other-body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming "WHOO-HOO, WHAT A RIDE!!"

Madly Off In All Directions

one of us
posted Hide Post
Way to go! As you said: Carpe Diem!
Peter.

Be without fear in the face of your enemies. Be brave and upright, that God may love thee. Speak the truth always, even if it leads to your death. Safeguard the helpless and do no wrong;

Posts: 10510 | Location: Jacksonville, Florida | Registered: 09 January 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Great rifle in a great caliber. You'll find you use it way more than you planned.

Posts: 20086 | Location: Very NW NJ up in the Mountains | Registered: 14 June 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Great gun, and a great wife. You must be a Canadian, I tried to buy from them but the export duty and taxes would have been close to $1000. They have guns at prices not available here in the U.S..

Posts: 424 | Location: Lk. St.Clair | Registered: 11 February 2011Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of byf42
posted Hide Post
Hey buddy! Congrats!!!!!!! Enjoy your double!

*We Band of 45-70er's*

"Far better it is to dare mighty things, to win glorious triumphs even though checkered by failure, than to rank with those poor spirits who neither enjoy nor suffer much because they live in the gray twilight that knows neither victory nor defeat." -Theodore Roosevelt-

Posts: 497 | Location: Illinois | Registered: 27 May 2004Reply With Quote