New
Find
Notify
Tools

wtk: siace double 9.3x74r
 Login/Join

posted
Hi all,
Just recently got my 1st double. Anyone have experience with Siace double rifle? Mine was regulated with 285 gr norma oryx with a scope from the factory. When I shoot iron sites, right barrel is on at 50 yards, left barrel is about 8 inches off at about 11 o'clock.
(factory target at 50 meters shows 2 shots about an inch apart, i am shooting standing and have shot it a few times and am coming up with the same results)
Questions:
1. Is there anything i can do to get a better group or am i stuck shooting with scope? I dont reload now but i might have to i guess, especially with cost of ammo.
2. Is there another factory load someone has tried and gotten good results?
3. Will cleaning the barrels tighten up my accuracy? I have only put about 60-70 rounds through it.
I am trying to figure out how to post some pics of gun & target, I know how much I enjoy seeing pics of everyone elses..
Thanks in advance. Ray

Posts: 19 | Location: new york | Registered: 30 April 2012Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of dpcd
posted Hide Post
I don't know anything about them; they look nice in pictures; please post pics of yours. You definitely need to start reloading; then you can play with powders and loads until you find one that shoots like you want it to, or not. Until then, you might try different factory loads, but hand loading will be better from all aspects, including financial. Cleaning it might help but not that much. Regulation of DRs is an art, not a science, with many variables, too many to go into now.

Posts: 17146 | Location: USA | Registered: 02 August 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I have two Siace doubles in 45-70. They both shoot really well but I had to work up loads to get it to regulate properly. The ammo it was regulated for is not available so I never shot it with that load. If you are consistantly shooting the same groups with both barrels then it is the regulation that is off. It may just be the ammo you are using. Try some S&B 9.3X74 ammo. It has shot well in both of my 9.3s. If left barrel is left and right is right try a lighter bullet. It could also be that you are too relaxed when shooting your gun. Try shooting off a bench with your hand on the front bag and see how it shoots then. If you still have the same issues after trying different ammo and shooting style the gun may not be regulated properly.

Sam

Posts: 2830 | Location: NC | Registered: 08 July 2006Reply With Quote