THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM DOUBLE RIFLES FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Rifles  Hop To Forums  Double Rifles    Consign your gun at the Vintagers, Orvis NY Sept
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Consign your gun at the Vintagers, Orvis NY Sept
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
See our posting in the shotgunning forum, same goes for double rifles.

https://forums.accuratereloading.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/4511043/m/585109925

Russ Gould - Whitworth Arms LLC
BigfiveHQ.com, Large Calibers and African Safaris
Doublegunhq.com, Fine English, American and German Double Rifles and Shotguns
VH2Q.com, Varmint Rifles and Gear

Posts: 2928 | Location: Texas | Registered: 07 June 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Russ, might be a good idea to tell the ignoramuses, like me, where and when the Vintagers event will be.

Posts: 1233 | Registered: 25 November 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of bulldog563
posted Hide Post

Posts: 2153 | Location: Southern California | Registered: 23 October 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Those folks look like members of typical English bird shoot. Americans dressed in English drabs.

One of Us
Picture of bulldog563
posted Hide Post
The clothes are not mandatory. I have heard the event is great fun.

Posts: 2153 | Location: Southern California | Registered: 23 October 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I've been to the last three Vintagers. You will have to search long and hard to find a place with more nice shotguns and rifles, particularly side by side shotguns and rifles. Perhaps one of the high end shows in Vegas or Reno, but nowhere else, not even Tulsa (where you have a lot of dreck to wade through to find the gems). In addition to attracting many of the high-end dealers from all over the U.S. and some from the other side of the Atlantic, the Sandarona site offers some delightful shooting opportunities. Many of the dealers will permit you to testfire a shotgun you are thinking of purchasing. And you can participate in the various shoots.

All in all, the Vintagers is well worth a full day's investment of time. And if you are looking for something special, you may very well find it there.

one of us
Picture of cold
posted Hide Post
thaks for the heads up, my father would love to go to this!

Posts: 221 | Location: SEC | Registered: 15 October 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
The outfits they wear are bizarre.

Posts: 18352 | Location: Salt Lake City, Utah USA | Registered: 20 April 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 500grains:
The outfits they wear are bizarre.

yeah....your right...just like those who dress themself as 1880`s cowboys......but I am sure they are having a blast...anyway Wink

DRSS: HQ Scandinavia. Chapters in Sweden & Norway

Posts: 2805 | Location: Denmark | Registered: 09 June 2005Reply With Quote